Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 108074 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

It would be nice if ACR lite was integrated 1.63 should it ever materialize. It still surprising how many people cant figure out how to install it manually and as such, a lot of good content is going to waste.

It would be nice if ACR lite was integrated 1.63 should it ever materialize. It still surprising how many people cant figure out how to install it manually and as such, a lot of good content is going to waste.
unfortunately ACR is rather full of bugs than full of good content and the models show their age obviously dating back to 2009, not on par with later OA DLCs

^ ^ I think the Pandur and the Dingos are (&&%^$$** awesome.

Edited by OMAC

^ ^ I think the Pandur and the Dingos are (&&%^$$** awesome.
Try to use the Pandurs Missiles and you will see the problems. Same for the BVP-1.

I have no problem with the Spike missiles. TAB lock works fine... They are

. Edited by OMAC

I have no problem with the Spike missiles. TAB lock works fine... They are
tab lock is off in beta verterna mode you havwe to doo it manually and the guidance of AT2 and Spike is way of center in the case of AT2 it is not even inside the gunners optic. it only works right in cadet and recruit mode.

Obv the campaign is a buggy mess but I'm on about the actual assets. Granted everything isn't perfect, but I can't say I've ever had problems with the Pandur/BVP.

edit (missed last post): If its a case of targeting being a bit off centre, would it be such a huge issue to rectify that in a patch (iirc the last couple of beta patches did include an ACR fix or two)

tab lock is off in beta verterna mode you havwe to doo it manually and the guidance of AT2 and Spike is way of center in the case of AT2 it is not even inside the gunners optic. it only works right in cadet and recruit mode.

No, TAB lock for the Spike works on Veteran and Expert, even with Auto Guide AT disabled. That video was made on Veteran using this beta. The Spike is a fire-and-forget missile and is not manually guide-able AFAIK.

Edited by OMAC

The real Spike Missile uses 3 different fire modes and one of them is fire and steer and in ArmA II you need that for stationary Objects that can as well be mission targets. Tab also does not work on stationary and on unmanned vehicles. You can still right clik to lock but that works only for unit objects not for map objects liek building.

Think of Base buildings in Warfare...you can easily use the russien atgm on them because thse hav a fire & Steer mode just like theACD Spieke should have.

It's the same issue with NLAW and Javelin.

True, we are in trouble if we need to shoot the Spike at buildings and other non-lockable targets. :eek: The Konkurs on the BMP-2 is steerable now (thanks to CCP) with Auto Guide AT off, and lockable with it on. I am unfamiliar with the AT2. Is that fired by a vehicle? If so, which one?

Edited by OMAC

Don't forget Helicopters...more than once I was able to nail a player piloted Helicopter with ATGMs in manual guidance in game, and such use is very well in the range of regular ATGM use.

(iirc the last couple of beta patches did include an ACR fix or two)

I wasn't aware of this, but noticed several references to an ACR patch being installed in several of the last 5 or so OA betas. As I never saw any discussions of ACR fixes (which I would think BIS would be keen to advertise), I thought that BIS was just testing the installer for upcoming ACR fixes. However, it looks like there have been several ACR fixes, unless I am completely confused. For example, the BVP-1 is gone and replaced with an ACR BMP-2. None of the BVP-1 tickets on dev-heaven show any activity for a long time...

What other ACR fixes have occurred, if any?

I wasn't aware of this, but noticed several references to an ACR patch being installed in several of the last 5 or so OA betas. As I never saw any discussions of ACR fixes (which I would think BIS would be keen to advertise), I thought that BIS was just testing the installer for upcoming ACR fixes. However, it looks like there have been several ACR fixes, unless I am completely confused. For example, the BVP-1 is gone and replaced with an ACR BMP-2. None of the BVP-1 tickets on dev-heaven show any activity for a long time...

What other ACR fixes have occurred, if any?

There is an extra ACR beta .exe in the ArmA II folder, use that instead of the OA beta .exe.

Are you referring to the "Launch Arma2 ACR Beta Patch" shortcut? That shortcut launcher just launches the OA beta, and is not an .exe. And it doesn't explain the vanished BVP-1. Do you have the BVP-1 in your ACR armored units?

Are you referring to the "Launch Arma2 ACR Beta Patch" shortcut? That shortcut launcher just launches the OA beta, and is not an .exe. And it doesn't explain the vanished BVP-1. Do you have the BVP-1 in your ACR armored units?
Yes O.K. it's a ACR beta launcher and I have to check if the BVP is still in there. Can't do that right now. I will report back in 4 hours. I guess were both talking about the full ACR DLC not the light version, right?

Yes, full ACR DLC. Thanks for checking! :)

BVP is still there under Takistani locals and Takistani army side. AT3 is still not usable in manual mode.

Yep, thanks. I had been looking under bluefor ACR. Shot from the 73mm cannon needs more splash damage against infantry, as has been mentioned before. I would have been surprised if any ACR data changes had been "sneaked" into OA beta patches.

O.K. the last beta is from July 2013. Must we consider the ArmA II file as closed?

nope, there is already new build ready ... due to fact of elevated it has elevated version to 1.63 it's waiting now for data

nope, there is already new build ready ... due to fact of elevated it has elevated version to 1.63 it's waiting now for data
thanks for the update. I'm really somewhat relieved to read that.

Me too. Thanks for the update, Dwarden!

I tried,but bought arma3 anyway.I suggest you forget about a2.there massive amount of new features in weapons.Several really hot mp servers and not so demanding graphic as I thought.

I tried,but bought arma3 anyway.I suggest you forget about a2.there massive amount of new features in weapons.Several really hot mp servers and not so demanding graphic as I thought.

What does that have to do with the Arma 2 Beta?

Ha! Hey k0t0v, if you cut me, I bleed ArmA 2. It ain't gonna die anytime soon. And I've already got ArmA 3. But its "not so demanding graphics" are suddenly crashing my computer to the root (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16006).