ProfTournesol

The Newcomers' Introduction Thread

Hi, all. Been an Arma fan for sometime. I an older gamer and enjoy PC gaming -- mostly flight and tactical sims, RPG's, and some of the FPS. I belong to an online sim squadron (War Hawks) and usually keep up with forums as I can. Being retired helps a bit there :). Looking forward to seeing how Arma3 fleshes out as the modding community charges in.

Hi all, I'm Reno. Started playing wargames way before computers and still like to play Stratego, Axis and Allies, Risk and Tactics II. My first online game was DF2 and then moved into Joint Operations which I played for 7 years. I played a little BF3 but its a little too, how should I say, arcade like. I found ARMA3 a few months ago and have decide that this is the game for me for the ultimate wargame experience. I'm very competitive in my gameplay and I know some tactics that keep me alive.

See ya on the field ;)

Edited by MadDogX
please do not post in different colors, as per the forum rules

@Reno : hi and welcome on board :).

Would you be kind enough to edit your post so that it complies with the following forum rule, my eyes are bleeding :cryy: Done by the mods.

§12) Do not type in all capital letters, all bold, or in a non-black font

Typing in all caps equates (according to standard net etiquette) to yelling. It is also difficult and obnoxious to read such posts. This also applies to posting all in bold or all in a certain font colour just to try to make your words stand out, if your point is interesting enough or well written enough it will stand out. You're welcome of course to use different colours for parts of your post if it helps clarify certain areas, but typing complete messages in any colour other than black should be avoided. Please refrain from non-standard fonts and/or font sizes as well please.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Hi, I'm a systems engineer from Croatia. I work mostly with Cisco equipment. I'm also an owner of a CCNA study guide website:

Study CCNA

I'm also a developer of keystroke logging software, Signum Soft Keylogger:

Software Keylogger

I look forward contributing to this forums.

Been playing ARMA II singleplayer for a while, and now that ARMA III's out, I thought I may as well make myself known.

Been gaming pretty much since I was born. Platformers, shooters, RPGs... I've played it all. Well, most of it.

These days I mostly play shooters and RPGs but I'll play pretty much anything if it's good enough. My favourite shooters are either extremely realistic (like ARMA) or extremely unrealistic (Doom, Duke 3D, the classics).

My Steam profile.

I also tumble a lot.

I need to make this post so I can send PMS, ignore please, and THANKS!

Nice one, same for me :)

Anyway, hi all! I am playing since Operation Flashpoint so I thought it was time to finally register here... ;)

Anyway, hi all! I am playing since Operation Flashpoint so I thought it was time to finally register here... ;)

13 yrs to finally register!!! :eek: lol - welcome along :cool:

Just a quickie to introduce myself. I'm John. I'm a Scorpio, with a GSOH, but doesn't like dogs or going for long walks. On a side note, does anybody know what's involved with moderators checking over Mods/Addons being uploaded. I uploaded my first mod yesterday and it's nowhere to be seen. If part of the process is fixing all the bugs then I can understand the delay, and if that's the case, be prepared for a lot more mods from me. And before a moderator jumps on me telling me to search the forums and find the answer, I have, and, I didn't.

Thanks in advance for your quick replies.

Just a quickie to introduce myself. I'm John. I'm a Scorpio, with a GSOH, but doesn't like dogs or going for long walks. On a side note, does anybody know what's involved with moderators checking over Mods/Addons being uploaded. I uploaded my first mod yesterday and it's nowhere to be seen. If part of the process is fixing all the bugs then I can understand the delay, and if that's the case, be prepared for a lot more mods from me. And before a moderator jumps on me telling me to search the forums and find the answer, I have, and, I didn't.

Thanks in advance for your quick replies.

It's prob because your lack of posts? Not sure how many but i'm sure you'll then be able to post away.:cool:

Many thanks for your reply, and excuse me for appearing 'a bit slow' on the uptake, but do you mean that the more posts you have made, the quicker the mod verified and is made available for users to access. Also, what is involved in the verification process. I'm aware that the mods/addons are probably scanned for viruses etc. but what else is done?

No no, the verification is only for the post itself. Every post of new members has to be checked manually and then approved before it appears publicly. This is used to prevent spam. The content of a mission or mod itself is usually not concerned. We're also not fixing bugs of said missions or mods ^^

When we're very busy or just not able to moderate, approving posts might take a day. (It also depends on when you post it since different timezones can mean that other people are sleeping).

Either way, your thread is now approved :)

Thanks for that. I was joking about fixing the bugs by the way..............the mod doesn't have any. Hang on, I think I hear the sound a backlash approaching.

Skulking amongst the shadows eh? :868:

You know when your playing Arma too long when : "You implement stealth & the art of suprise outside of the game" :)

Fan since the OFP demo. You know the very first version where if you would drive too far out, the textures would turn white? Yeah...

Hi at all. I play Arma only for 1 month. Arma 3 is my first game of this series and I'm excited! Since Friday I started playing around with the editor and cannot belive that I've missed all the older Arma versions. Hope we'll see us more often and I will soon be allowed to ask my questions here :)

Hi, I'm Maike, I play ArmA and I'm the Executive Communications Officer (in German: PR-Fuzzi) of Armed-Tactics. :yay: They forced me to join and post here at gunpoint.

I have a diploma in Theoretical Armed-Tactology.

Edited by Maike

Hello. Like many others, I have played these games since OFP. I also started making missions for OFP already, but I never released them publicly as I've only ever played with the same bunch of friends, with one of us hosting the game, so the stability and polishing weren't at a level I'd myself expect from missions downloaded from decent sites. Now with Arma3 I thought to break that bleak tradition and release some missions publicly. But for that I need to sort out some technical issues. And for that I finally need to post inquiries here for the veterans to see, in the editing section, about things my own passive reading and trial & error aren't likely to solve so easily.

Alright guys, I couldn't find a welcoming thread or anything so apologies if this isn't exactly the place for it. As the title says I'm new to ARMA and I haven't played PC games for 12 years so I'm extremely rusty, I did play Operation Flashpoint, Delta Force, Rainbow Six etc back in the day though. I've brought a new PC today and I'm installing ARMA 3 right now, I'm going to go through the tutorial and probably play a couple missions but I would like to get into the multiplayer at some point and I would very much welcome anyone to join me or I join them, show me the ropes as it were. Don't know how adding people works though I assume it's done through Steam. I'm 27 so please only people of a similar age but 18 or over is fine, no offense to you youngsters.

Thanks.

Edited by PurePassion
Moved your post to the correct thread :)

Hey everyone. Love the game. Finally made my own server but have to post here before I can start a thread for help!

Hope to see you all in game sometime.

Hello everyone,

I'm Khan, I'm from India, been playing ArmA 2 CO for a while, I really like what Bohemia has done with ArmA 3, I'm no much of a forum fella, I'd rather read instead of posting my thoughts so chances are you will rarely see me posting anything, I just search for answers myself most of the time. However every now and then one needs help and I need some with Glovepie and voice commands for ArmA 3, I've reached here while looking for a chap that goes by the name "asuseroako" I need his help and hope he does help.

Cheers and I'll see you guys on the servers.