Sign in to follow this  
Smurf

BF2: Project Reality 1.0

Just reached open Beta:

More details here (along with some nice pics): http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380-project-reality-news/120542-project-reality-bf2-v1-0-open-beta-released.html

New sounds (reworked from bottom), new FX, new maps, new models for vehicles, weapons, armies, new animations, integration with Mumble (3D VOIP), 100 ppl server... all along in the old, awesome, tactical mod. Probably the best plug'n'play thing you can get out there in this deparment.

Downloading BF2 nao!

About time. The .98 update made me crap my pants until I realized it wasn't 1.0. Can't wait for the dynamic sound system.

The Open Beta goes just until 7\7 and it doesn't contain all new features.

Been years since I last played PR. The server just crashed and I'm already missing it!

New effects are really something, sound is scary as hell and the built in Mumble makes all the difference. Played with nice folks, I don't think I scored a single kill but it was awesome.

acbBm32b.jpg acvcH2RT.jpg adurGyiK.jpg adv65Ep5.jpg adniFSFN.jpg adekLEkC.jpg abv6Nv3p.jpg abrmkASY.jpg aclp2vjL.jpg

Nothing special there but are some screens I could salvage.

Been years since I last played PR. The server just crashed and I'm already missing it!

Played with nice folks, I don't think I scored a single kill but it was awesome.

Have also not played in good long while but I have had some pretty awesome rounds back in the day. I used to love that, and as you say, even if you literally don't fire a single shot for the whole round, the involvement in doing transport or some kind of logistics is strangely just as rewarding and feels like being part of the team just as anyone else.

@ I know for some, the visuals might not be all that impressive in today's terms but once you fire up the game and join decent server, you will have absolute blast playing this. Gameplay wise, I've never played anything better, its just ridiculous fun

Smurf - downloading as we speak, we could hit it sometimes if you're interested :)

(Pretty sure I will have to re-learn few bits though)

I guess it's time to start playing PR again. Did the found a way to implement leaning?

Nope. Engine limitations everywhere, it's amazing that they anchieved what they have now.

It's out, but AncientDev mirror seems to not be working at the moment, at least for me.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems to be fixed now.

Edited by Kilroy the Nerd

Didn't get the chance to download and play so far... I heard they have new maps which are way bigger than the old?

Think I last played this back in 2009 or something... Installed Battlefield 2 yesterday again and just updated PR to the latest version. Dis gon be good.

Didn't get the chance to download and play so far... I heard they have new maps which are way bigger than the old?

Nope, big as they were. I don't know if it is 4km² or 4x4, but I think it is the first.

Yep, pretty small.

PR was always the best in realism and it is one hell of an accomplishment for a free mod.

Even though the maps may not be the size of Altis, they are still pretty large and more than adequate for their purpose.

With PR2 using Cryengine 3, and provided they stick to their roots, I can only say that I am really, really stoked.

Edited by BangTail
Off topic ;)

I'm not understanding. I only briefly dabbled in BF2, ages ago. I thought PR was old news for that game?

My only concern is the map size, so I wouldn't expect any vehicle :(

For that I count on PR: Arma 3!

I wish them good luck and I'll try it once it's online.