Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

AV_IndUs (US Army inspired units)

SheepDogg, I honestly hope they don't. I don't really feel like downloading a giant pack of Russian Units that I won't be using whatsoever.

They are separate packs ( I am at least 99% percent sure, not sure why they wouldn't be), so you don't (shouldn't) I hope, alex_vestin please confirm have to download the Russian Units of RHS, even though you should, but that is your decision.

You can just get American Forces Pack from RHS, trust me bro its going to be THE american mod that we all use.

Don't doubt those guys, its the best of the arma 2 modders, with alex vestin doing improved versions of his camo patterns from this high quality mod.

Trust me on this one bro, shouldn't be a problem.

---------- Post added at 23:49 ---------- Previous post was at 23:47 ----------

@sheepdogg

They are going to be tandem US and Russian packs bro, that is what US and Russian RHS forces packs are going to be, I assume that this mod is going to obsolete, but if not I am confident that the US pack from RHS is going to be this stuff+a ton more, that is really high quality and is going to be great, a perfect East vs West situation, battling it out :cool:

Mike, I do agree it will be THE mod for American forces. Alex Vestin has been doing great work with his units. In all honesty, the only thing I gotta complain about is the weapons. The weapon sounds for the M16/M4 sound like an M1-Garand from an old COD/MOH game of some sort. But I know he's totally remodeling his weapons, and recreating them, so I am 100% hopeful there will be drastic changes with the weapons. Also, it'd be nice to see some custom made attachments. ;)

A heads up: AlexVestin has been rather busy with real life lately, so hopefully he will get a chance to correct me and comment further in the future... the RHS United States Armed Forces addon will be stand alone pack from the Russians, but as of right now it won't be featuring a lot of AV's work as you guys see it here. We've decided to totally remake the US army infantry from the ground up, but a lot of AV's weapon config work and some of his original ports will still be present. That being said, a lot of the actual "stuff" that was in indUS will still be present, just with updated models (along with additional goodies, of course.)

I hope that clears things up--I hate that the final version of indUS didn't make it out, but again I hope that AV will be able to talk more about it soon.

A heads up: AlexVestin has been rather busy with real life lately, so hopefully he will get a chance to correct me and comment further in the future... the RHS United States Armed Forces addon will be stand alone pack from the Russians, but as of right now it won't be featuring a lot of AV's work as you guys see it here. We've decided to totally remake the US army infantry from the ground up, but a lot of AV's weapon config work and some of his original ports will still be present. That being said, a lot of the actual "stuff" that was in indUS will still be present, just with updated models (along with additional goodies, of course.)

I hope that clears things up--I hate that the final version of indUS didn't make it out, but again I hope that AV will be able to talk more about it soon.

Will RHS USAF be more futuristic US Army or current generation?

Couldn't pull up an appropriate quote, but they will be the equivalent of the Russians, which lends weight to the "current generation" scenario.

Will RHS USAF be more futuristic US Army or current generation?

Current. The crazy futuristic gap is already filled by BI.

Current. The crazy futuristic gap is already filled by BI.

Hahah, you can say that again, lol.

@boomit4

Yeah. I thought they were using ASDG JR, so that attachment problem should be cleared up. Anyone, the weapon screens look fine for the AFRHS mod, but yeah the sounds on this mod are not of a high quality.

Personally I am using this mod only for some uniforms, and I use RH m4/m16 pack, along with NATO sf weapon (I really hope i dont have to use that forever, some parts of it are such low quality).

I am planning to drop nato sf weapons once american forces Rhs comes out.

lets see how the whole things goes, have confidence in those modders.

I have installed this mod on my Multiplayer server. I can't post a link to an image of my servers root directory like I want to because I am a new user. But I placed the @AV_Mods folder directly in my Servers Arma 3 Root directory. Then I added @AV_Mods to my servers -mods= server launch parameters and now my server will not boot. Is anyone else having this problem?

@boomit4

Yeah. I thought they were using ASDG JR, so that attachment problem should be cleared up. Anyone, the weapon screens look fine for the AFRHS mod, but yeah the sounds on this mod are not of a high quality.

Personally I am using this mod only for some uniforms, and I use RH m4/m16 pack, along with NATO sf weapon (I really hope i dont have to use that forever, some parts of it are such low quality).

I am planning to drop nato sf weapons once american forces Rhs comes out.

lets see how the whole things goes, have confidence in those modders.

I agree. The NATO SF/RS pack isn't the greatest of quality, there is huge texture tears in the weapons, and many other issues. However, the RH M4/M16 pack is amazing, AV also has the best Army uniforms out there. Sabre however, made a sick multicam addon, that makes it work great for special forces. You should hit me up on steam Mike, my name is frostyx8.

Curious if you are planning to release this pack for Marine units. With Woodland and Desert Marpat. Would be so awesome to have that along with this pack.... Army + Marine units on the ground.

Edit: Also the only thing I think could be better on these units. It would be really cool to see the goggles up helmets have a cover over the goggles. Like this.. http://www.longwarjournal.org/threat-matrix/Images/MSangin550.jpg

Edited by jakeryan760

Curious if you are planning to release this pack for Marine units. With Woodland and Desert Marpat. Would be so awesome to have that along with this pack.... Army + Marine units on the ground.

Edit: Also the only thing I think could be better on these units. It would be really cool to see the goggles up helmets have a cover over the goggles. Like this.. http://www.longwarjournal.org/threat-matrix/Images/MSangin550.jpg

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171451-N-B-U-S-M-C-Project

Sweet but not the same developers right? Doesn't look like same chest rigs and what not... Similar helmets but the quality doesn't look as sharp. Still check it out though.

Alex, can u make a hotifx for the new evil 1.24 sound config? It disables all weapon sound from all mod

Or could someone config a replacement pack for the units to be armed with RH M4s/M4A1s or Massi´s M4A1? They´re already patched to 1.24 bootcamp syndrom...

The uniforms still work fine (except for the broken ECH Plain helmet) if you delete the weapon PBO files.

This is a GREAT set-up, I can't complement it enough,

but, The sound recently started messing up. The weapons will not make a noise when fired for me, I get an error message saying that I am missing a WeaponConfig file or something along those lines.

Is there any help you can provide?

Thanks.

Is this why I cannot hear the weapon firing, only the bullets hitting objects?

Bootcamp update broke all sounds aside from those who updated.

Bootcamp update broke all sounds aside from those who updated.

well that is just swell...

Is that logo in your signature the play with 6? what exactly is that?

well that is just swell...

Is that logo in your signature the play with 6? what exactly is that?

Playwith6 is a program to download mods, my mod is featured and as such I put the download link as my signature.

Alex why don't you add a heavy duty belt with a pistol holster, or a battle belt and pistol holster to you SPC vest ? " If anybody asked this previously i'm sorry but i'm not gonna read 68 pages"

Alex why don't you add a heavy duty belt with a pistol holster, or a battle belt and pistol holster to you SPC vest ? " If anybody asked this previously i'm sorry but i'm not gonna read 68 pages"

hes not working on this AFAIK anymore, hes teamed up with RHS and is helping make the US military there

hes not working on this AFAIK anymore, hes teamed up with RHS and is helping make the US military there

how can we get to that page?