Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

AV_IndUs (US Army inspired units)

The currently released IndUS version has them named "kitbag", but it's actually a fastpack that is the default A3 backpack. I've changed quite many things around since the last release of this mod. I didn't even realize myself until now that I actually had them named Kitbag. It's been changed already without much thought put into it.

As long as I can find something to work from. A few pages back we went through the standard issue ones.

I am looking for the MOLLE II Assault Pack, Medium Rucksack or Large Rucksack and the Eagle Modular Assault Pack as a plus. It's not one of my top priorities, but I do want to add them :)

The ones in A3 and currently in use in the mod is the fastpack:

http://www.notcot.com/images/2010/11/tad2.jpg

They will have to work as placeholders.

MOLLE II Assault Pack and the MOLLE II Rucksack are the standard issued stuff. Rucksack is for patrolling.

Are the bags from A2 currently issued? I know with A2 Samples it might be possible to bring those in and retexture them with the higher-quality textures.

There are very few backpacks from A2 wich actually are of a presentable state. Geometry wise. They're very low-poly. Except for the ones I am guessing isn't even issued to the army.

Feel free to clarify wich backpacks you mean. I could atleast take an extra look.

Are you going to do the vests with the shemaghs attached? If not, this is a formal request. ;)

Like the coyote bag (I forget it's Arma 2 name, but it's what it was called in DayZ.)

Item_Backpack_Coyote.png

That is one of them that are salvageable that I have looked at :)

I do not know what type of backpack it is or if it's issued.

If anything, would people say it is a better alternative for a placeholder compared to the fastpack from ArmA3?

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

Altough I've never really liked how sacky it seemed to be. Might have to bulk it up some like this. And it is modular so I could atleast get a few variants for different roles out of that model.

If anything, would people say it is a better alternative for a placeholder compared to the fastpack from ArmA3?

Altough I've never really liked how sacky it seemed to be. Might have to bulk it up some like this. And it is modular so I could atleast get a few variants for different roles out of that model.

Definitely! Can you also add a radio antenna coming out of it? It'd be nice to have some comms bags in A3 too! Especially since the ACRE man-pack will crash your game if you have it on for a while.

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

I don't know exactly what kind it is, so I'm Googling.

I myself don't like it too sacky or too full. I think just in the middle is good, since it's not a huge target/weight nor is it limp (I hate both feelings.)

When I get down to fixing it as a placeholder for future backpacks, I'll atleast buff it up little. The radio version isn't such a bad idea either.

Meanwhile, I think it's the MOLLE 50L. No other name than that I could find.

AM-007-CP-0-06.jpg

Alright. It's the best I have available right now. Going with it.

---------- Post added at 01:25 ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 ----------

This is a longshot, but it's about how the same way the UAV backpack works in A3. Always wondered if I could have a backpack model with something strapped to it, then use a script to give myself a normal backpack and move all the items over ot the new one with nothing strapped to it and then spawn f.e an AT4. Just a thought. Probably wont work at all.

Edited by AlexVestin

This is a longshot, but it's about how the same way the UAV backpack works in A3. Always wondered if I could have a backpack model with something strapped to it, then use a script to give myself a normal backpack and move all the items over ot the new one with nothing strapped to it and then spawn f.e an AT4. Just a thought. Probably wont work at all.

So like taking a radio out of a radio bag and replacing it with a normal bag, switching the model from the model with the antennae to one without?

That'd be just one of the uses if it worked. I will probably not try to do something. I'm really lost when it comes to creating complicated scripts. I have no memory of the UAV backpack even being able to contain anything else besides the UAV. So it's probably a quite limited feature really.

Still, it's no real backpack in that case, so you can make objects tied to characters backpack slots etc. I know that there's also a script command for tying objects to a character without having it use up a slot as if it were no real item. It'd be interesting if someone were to actually try and give a rifle another option in the scroll meny. Something that'd make it stick to a predefined part of your characters body. Then when it's attached the option to untie it and drop it to the ground is showed instead.

---------- Post added at 02:46 ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 ----------

Absolutely first in-game test was a success. Might scale it down slightly.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3281171992747075592/E938ECE6E7E5BBD2C8BE7CBC183BC3327D427008/

Edited by AlexVestin

Can u make your own mags? Standard ammo can't kill fly:/

BTW. I think your mod is one of the best mods for A3 in uniforms/gear category :)

Cant wait for the update Alex, just makes me more determined to get the marines mod i have been working on with atin to have gear as good as these guys

Edited by AngelWingGamingJacob

Cant wait for the update Atin, just makes me more determined to get the marines mod i have been working on with atin to have gear as good as these guys

Wrong thread? :p

Wrong thread? :p

nope ment alex, my partners name starts with an A too so i derped :P plus atin talked on the thread abit earlier

---------- Post added at 17:29 ---------- Previous post was at 17:12 ----------

fixed my post, Alex are you adding in a AH-64 block D at any point?

Believe I am gonna have to keep it infantry level for quite some time. There's many talented people here who knows how to do an AH-64 in a manner it deserves, and already has. Time will probably come for it to see some 2035 service one day too.

Can u make your own mags? Standard ammo can't kill fly:/

BIS will have to sort out their body-protection themselfs. From what I've experienced there's absolutely nothing wrong with the actual ammo/rounds. Just the targets atm :p

Edited by AlexVestin

Believe I am gonna have to keep it infantry level for quite some time. There's many talented people here who knows how to do an AH-64 in a manner it deserves, and already has. Time will probably come for it to see some 2035 service one day too.

BIS will have to sort out their body-protection themselfs. From what I've experienced there's absolutely nothing wrong with the actual ammo/rounds. Just the targets atm :p

not as much targets, the values are all good, but its the fact that SOME (CSAT) units are overpowered

in fact i believe the 5.56 in ArmA III is more powerful than it was in ArmA II, just look at shots to a wheel to take a car down.

Yeah, there are a few mods for air vehicles coming out in the near future.

I am fairly sure that it's areas of use are actually in helicopters and watercrafts. Isn't it just supposed to be less bulky for tighter areas?

http://photos.wikimapia.org/p/00/00/65/66/47_big.jpg

http://wikimapia.org/11399616/CGAS-Cecil-Field

http://www.officer.com/product/10041167/barrett-firearms-mfg-inc-m107-cq

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:07 ----------

Would it be bad if my only dependency were JSRS 2.0?

The sounds are awesome and I can't do better. But it's a big file to depend on.

Interesting. I didn't realize the HITRON was using the CQ. I've done tons of training and two deployments with a different group that does the same mission (TACLET) and they'd use the M107. Makes sense, I guess, as the HITRON is in a much smaller helo (the -65) and TACLET works out of our -60s, which have more room. Sounds like both are legit alternatives. Thanks for the correction.

It's hard to tell, but here's the longer barrel on a training flight I did back in '11. Yes, it does suffer from "VVS."

Edited by gatordev

Internet connection is being too slow atm. I've made really good progress however. This doublepost is a result of my internet. Sorry.

Here's a WIP screenshot of the M4A1:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3281171992791989580/1D7E5F72C164FB1C9650F4DA240D3331E34E1C1C/

100% My textures now. I'm not done, but they'll look close to what it already looks like now.

Edited by AlexVestin