Sign in to follow this  
mankyle

The answer you were waiting for: carriers are possible in arma 3

http://www.freeuploadsite.com/uploads/13731373581.rar

Update. I have added a working Independence class LCS 2.

THIS is a technological demonstrator. Not a finished addon (even if it has some functions).

Currently it has two working turrets and PHYSx compatibility. It is not finished and I don't know if I will have time to finish it.

@mankyle ... any progress with submarines diving speed values (I don't even know what are these values in fact) ?

As you did, I have also my Sub diving but in very slow speed ... http://prntscr.com/1f6g8q ... it is a significant progress I believe but still we have to find out what will speed up the diving speed process (so far I've played with almost all config values but none of them seems to be relative with diving speed).

What I've seen is that a much smaller size model dives much faster and this troubles me a lot ... it seems that is is not weight matter but size.

Ofcourse we still have to wait for BIS new tools to binirize the models using physx ...

Edited by Aplion

@mankyle ... any progress with submarines diving speed values (I don't even know what are these values in fact) ?

As you did, I have also my Sub diving but in very slow speed ... http://prntscr.com/1f6g8q ... it is a significant progress I believe but still we have to find out what will speed up the diving speed process (so far I've played with almost all config values but none of them seems to be relative with diving speed).

What I've seen is that a much smaller size model dives much faster and this troubles me a lot ... it seems that is is not weight matter but size.

Ofcourse we still have to wait for BIS new tools to binirize the models using physx ...

Yep, you are right. No luck modifying the diving/surfacing speed with config paramethers.

I'm also stucked with ships. The friction between the landing pad and the helicopters is not strong enough to maintain the choppers on the landing pad

:(

Anyway, If I make any discovery I will post it here ASAP

Has any progress been made on walking around the ship por submarine as it is being driven by another player?

Has any progress been made on walking around the ship por submarine as it is being driven by another player?
Err, I'd check the USS Independence (LCS 2) technological demonstrator thread for that, although some mod teams such as German Armed Forces' and FFAA 6.0's are talking up their own intent to make their big ships walkable while moving.

Hi,

i've made some thoughts about the submarine.

May be it's possible to change the mass by script or change the buoyancy lod by script to another one? If possible you can may be make a faster dive?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setMass

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setCenterOfMass

I've etsted it with a gunboat. I set it by editor on water and make the following init code: this setMass[500000,60];

The ship is slowly sinking. If you can control it may be its a possible sollution for submarines?

With the health of the passengers on a diving sub may be possible:

1) save the health of the passengers to a variable

2) if player get damage (because no air), set damage to 0 or reset health to saved state

May be its a workaround?

Edited by gagagu

Hi again,

i've tested a little bit around with the commands:

gunboat1 setMass[200000,0];

gunboat1 setMass[50000,0];

gunboat1 setCenterOfMass[[0,0,-1],0.5];

It seems to be a possible was. You have to change the Mass and the center of mass together in steps to make the boat sink and bring it up again.

I do not have big scripting knowledge (because i'm new) but may be someone better than me can do something with it?

Yes and no. No technical progress (a little), just haven't had time to clean my model up to throw it out there. Business is dictating my time, but hopefully over the weekend I'll catch up here. On the waking bit at least.

Yes and no. No technical progress (a little), just haven't had time to clean my model up to throw it out there. Business is dictating my time, but hopefully over the weekend I'll catch up here. On the waking bit at least.

Looking forward to it! Are you using Physx or a scripted method?

---------- Post added at 04:23 ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 ----------

I was thinking about it though and what of the possibility of having a unit inherit the movement of the object you are trying to walk/drive/land on? Then you just have to have decent collision with the ship and your good.

Physx of course.

And that is close to what it would take to 'rig' it. Given the root issue here is lack of influence when animations are being applied to the character vehicles.

Physx of course.

And that is close to what it would take to 'rig' it. Given the root issue here is lack of influence when animations are being applied to the character vehicles.

It seems you have done a lot of work in this area, looking forward to some kind of quick little addon or video showcasing any problems or advancements you have made.

If you have information that could be useful to the developers the add it here: Man class: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15384,

this ticket here for vehicle classes: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15495

and this ticket for fixed wing aircraft: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15540.

Any news in this case?

All the tickets (see the post above you) create by ProGamer are assigned so it's a good sign. Bis is looking at it.

All the tickets (see the post above you) create by ProGamer are assigned so it's a good sign. Bis is looking at it.

Yes, but knowing them and the priority, they may need some help.

I thought that something has changed since the new tools are released. :crazy_o:

About submarines ... playing around a lot with config values and weights (mass) ... I've noticed that ... when I'm using a big submarine model (speaking of its dimensions - size) it can be dive but on very slow rate regardless its weight and config values ... but if I'll resize the model (downscale) at about the dimensions of BIS default sub and at the same time reduce its weight (mass) at about 2500-3000 (keeping same values into my config) then my submarine dives at same rate as BIS default ... !!

Any thoughts about ?

Also about player damage while will be into any kind of sub underwater, use this into sub config (you can use any value but should be high enough to last in time).

airCapacity = 1209600;
Edited by Aplion

yes!!!!

aircapacity

In the beginning it drove me nuts getting figgured why the drivers were getting damaged in the sub.

This value represents the quantity of air available inside the vehicle. That means in SECONDS. Each passenger consumes an independent quantity of air. So you have to divide aircapacity fro the number of passangers and you will obtain the amount of time before the passengers of the sub will start duffering damage due to loss of air.

hope it helps

This may be a bit "out there", but would it be possible (script-wise) to replenish Aircapacity by raising a Periscope or other mast? I know its not 100% accurate (except when referencing a snorkel), but if it works, may be a valid work around.

Video is awesome hatchet really looking forward to it. And i love that you named it after him, great work

Epic. Very impressive. Hopefully my submarine can be part of the fleet by next summer. Cool stuff Hatchet! :cool:

mmm

A couple of months ago I tried to do this with the Khe San when the sample files from arma 2 were uploaded but unfortunately when I attached the different parts of the LHD the attached parts weren't collinding correctly with vehicles what rendered the ship unusable.

When you can,.. could you please explain what it is what you did to assemble the different pieces with Attachto and how did you set them?

Thank you

PS: RSTRATTON model was (and it is) Incredibly beautiful!!!!