Sign in to follow this  
rewhymo

Arma 3 star wars mod???

Is this going to happen? i really hope so. When the main map is released their will be tons of room for this kind of mod.

Now a quick question would it technically be possible to make a map with a massive flying space to create and Battlefront 2-esque space battle system. X-wings vs tie-fighters with landing parties going into the enemies ship?

Wrong engine for that sort of gameplay IMO. ArmA engine is mainly terrain-based.

Sorry but do you want to play Arma 3 or Star Wars?

If you would like to play Star Wars there are a lot of games out there for you. You will not get the 100% experience if you expect to play Star Wars with an Arma 3 engine.

Edited by Nikiforos

For arma 2 have been already 2 or 3 scifi mods in progress, I think and hope these will come on Arma 3 as well...depends on the modders intentions

I understand that Arma 3 is mainly land based i understand that and yes i know their are many games out their i can play i was just asking if it was possible. It was a yes or no anwser.

Also just after i posted i noticed the thread and it looks neat cant wait to see more.

I understand that Arma 3 is mainly land based i understand that and yes i know their are many games out their i can play i was just asking if it was possible. It was a yes or no anwser.

Also just after i posted i noticed the thread and it looks neat cant wait to see more.

See this:

The main limitation for motherships is the geo size limit of ArmA2/3. Objects can't be larger than 64m, so you'd have to split motherships / space stations into several objects. Also this should go into the addon requests thread...

Sorry but do you want to play Arma 3 or Star Wars?

Sorry man but..there are lots of people that don't play with ARMA series for the ARMA-verse..including me.

Yes..i agree there are other engines and "fixed/canned" game-modes covering themes like Zombies/Starwars/*U_name_it* ..but imho ARMA has most of the tools to build most about everything on your imagination and create ANY type of gamemode on it. ;)

Please search before starting a new thread. There is the addon request thread sticky, and a star wars mod already in progress.

Closing.