Sign in to follow this  
cifordayzserver

WIP Sahrani Arma2 Port / Arma 1 Buildings Project

If you guys redo the pub building in North Bagango I will love you forever. Many a night RPing an Irish pub owner on SLR-RPG there.

Lol, yeah we batch deleted those A1 pubs out of our DayZ Build and replaced most of them with the A2 replacement which were a bit wider and didn't break your legs if you wanted to go upstairs to sleep one off ;-)

Fixing the A1 one's would be odd, we might eventually give it a go, but for now the batch replacement with A2 one's will have to do, we can move any bits around where they slightly collide.

Couple shots:

A1:

rPRC77Xl.jpg

SMD_Sara_A2 Just normal Client Grass:

nVf0yDrl.jpg

SMD_Sara_A2 (ATOC on, FXAA Sharp on High):

Amndx0pl.jpg

A1:

FmuLwVFl.jpg

Caa1:

BFMOtUdl.jpg

SMD_Sara_A2 (still needs some trees/bushes color corrected which I believe is actually done now)

0IzqdAQl.jpg

Will do a more thorough job of doing 1 for 1 comparo's over the weekend hopefully... M1lkM8n is pushing another build up for me the check out tonight!

Great project, looking forward to it alot..

Nice pics.:).

GEEZ have we been busy, M1lkM8n is CRANKING out the work as usual, and thanks to our hero Mikero and some new/updated tools he's released, M1lkm8n was is able to start some A3 work... he had to upgrade the ram for his computer to do it though!

Some quick updates on the ocean color I LOVE the A1 colors, but the A2 blending allows for some AMAZING colors, after a bit of tweaking I think we've got it just about perfect, any input or comments welcome:

Shallow water is pretty transparent still, might make it a BIT bluer

rPHe4mYl.jpg

As you go further out you can see the color coming through:

bj8FPesl.jpg

What is that blending in below:

SOybu36l.jpg

Oh the Blue:

StZWCydl.jpg

Last one:

q461duKl.jpg

Stay tuned for some Shoe-Horned shots of the Sara_A2 being run in A3.

---------- Post added at 05:52 ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 ----------

Thanks you for tuning in ALBUM:

4zjgWMJl.jpg

Cfm2W8Sl.jpg

moRsY9ll.jpg

This took forever for some reason, and I Ul'd it before checking or editing the video so I think it has no sound lol... Sorry, will put up a proper one by the weekend.

If anyone has any good missions (or wants to make us one ;-0 ) that could do a repeatable but quick flyover that would be great, I know it's decently easy to setup multiple cameras and triggers, but I don't know a thing about making movie missions in the editor

This looks great, i cannot wait for it, I love this map

A couple of fly by Sahrani vids, really one of the best islands they have had.

Daytime

Night time

These are in Arma 2, but will be a lot better with your work on opening buildings textures etc.

Hope its progressing well.

I too have been doing some flying around Sahrani :D

Ah that was one thing I was gonna PM you about. But you beat me to it and it looks great :D

Mate that looks awesome...

Progress has been made to AI pathing in Sahrani. They are now able to walk on the raised portions on Sahrani and run on the "podesta tiled surfaces". I will be refining their movement, hopefully they will not walk through buildings when it is finished.

Videos

To say i cant wait for this map is an understatement!

Sahrani was one of, if not the greatest map BI has every made.

Hey Guys!

Sorry for the lack of updates, It's been a bad news.... good news... GREAT NEWS! kind of month or two... lots of stuff going on in all 3 of the listed projects as well as some other stuff.. eek.

BAD NEWS:

We were really closing in on a final product when we hit a bump in the road as far as permissions from BI... luckily I think it's worked out for the best in terms of looks for the map, but has resulted in quite a bit of wasted time.

GOOD NEWS:

We are getting close to being back to where we were, but it took a week or two.

The latest build is looking VERY nice.

We were essentially not allowed to retex any of the A2 veg we were hoping to, but IMO it looks better with the A1 veg, and that also gives us the ability to forward port it all to A3 as well. We will likely skip a retex for A2 and go straight up to A3 standards texture quality but we're not sure, we'll have to do some tests on it one or 2 tees at a time...

Building project has yielded quite a few cool things, we have several buildings opened up, we are working on getting a couple more guys fully versed in how to take assets from 3ds or maya to Arma 2 in game... We want to ensure all the final release buildings have all LOD's and destruction models, functioning glass etc etc etc... so it's slow going w/o a super experienced guy on the team...

Our lead programmer for the DayZ project (Seven) is amazing at everything so he's the one finalizing everyone elses work... but we could still use more modellers and texture artists especially.

Sherman has fixed a TON of the pathing and collisions on A1 army huts, the retaining wall risers in the southern cities, and some of the sidewalk/road models, as well as the guard towers, you can now run up the stairs and they no longer have those awful white blank textures when facing the sun.

I will take some time to make a proper nicely edited video and take some updated screenshots hopefully tomorrow night or early next week.

OH.... I said something about GREAT news didn't I?

BI gave us license doc's for:

ATV

S1203

Revolver

Sa58

Expect fixed, ATV's and variants of the other 3 assets in the coming months!

Our hope is when we fix the ATV 100pct we give it back to BI for inclusion in a future patch but who knows. Either way, you'll be able to cross bridges in them one way or the other! I can't even begin to tell you how excited this makes me.

Sounds like it a bit of a struggle here and there, but the best things always are.

Great news regards the ATV, best way to sightsee around an island, until a bridge looms in the distance and then its, ‘here we go again’, sometimes lucky and get over with a hop or two, most times its on its side for no reason. Really pleased your going to work on that.

On the opening of the buildings, how are the AI handling them ?

Will be looking forward to the pics or video, see how your getting on.:)

Great news. I cannot wait to see my tanks thundering thru corazol again.

Fantastic! Can't wait to see the enterable buildings, probably would almost double the size of the playground :)

WOW! Got the latest build from M1lkM8n and it's almost finished for sure, just a little more fine tuning and tweaking and it should be ready for an initial release.

I'm not sure how many of the buildings we will include, that project is moving along pretty slowly, we have done a lot of building fixes that will be included, but the opening up of existing buildings requires a lot more LOD's and fine tuning before they're 100pct done, and we don't want to shoehorn WIP stuff into the A2 releases at all.

We should be done with an initial release in the next couple weeks for EVERYONE to enjoy..

List of things done:

- A2 assets swapped in where possible to reduce package size

- Alpha Alpha GPS/Grid coords for Artillery

- Working roads for AI

- All A1 Buildings with Collision issues fixed

- Improved pathing for AI on many roads, walkways, docks, and other foundation structures

- Ocean Color corrected to better match A1

- Skybox removed from distant view while flying, nothing but open ocean on Sahrani

Final tune ups required:

- couple of texture errors

- couple of object placement issues

- some texture config tuning

That's pretty much it will post a vid and some comparo shots shortly

Edited by CiforDayZServer