Sign in to follow this  
GAMEER_77

The watch...

I've always been wndering, just what the watch does. It doesnt appear to have moving hands or anything, so does it do anything?

Gameer xxx

It works as a regular watch, shows time and date, but it's not working in the resistance campaign because batteries were out of stock that year in Nogova.

tounge.gif

Lol, so does it have hands? Do they move? I cant see them, whats wrong with me? On second thoughts dont answer that. I get enough cheeky responses from OFPEC thank you very much!

YEa biggrin.gif

It has hands and they move. Try a sinlge mission, you should see it work there.

Cooool...thanks, ill try that! ooh i can't wait, never had a watch before! smile.gif

it's maybe your machine that's not up to the job, mine is a piece of crap and it screwes up some textures sometimes, like the wach face gets replaced by a picture or the red stars on vehicles are white boxes etc. that's what happens when you run OFP@ 16 bit i think.

Works perfectly here.

If you want to see the hands move just put the time compression on full and watch it. Thatll definetly make em move.

I could understand why you'd want to see the "second" hands move, maybe. but why would you want to waste your time and watch the minute or hour hands move?

Some missions you have to wait more than 5 mins for something to happend. Like russians come or whatever. So i guess it just helps to tell you how much time you have before you get slaughtered tounge.gif

It's also a difficulty setting.

And time lapse helps take those long waits away.

The watch is right about the ONLY thing that works for me when I play resistance. My machine is too bad to give me some gameplay (must upgrade NOW).

In resistance mission "Ammo low" (the first real resistance operation against the weapons-convoy) is a mission where the watch is of use. You know from the beginning that there is ten minutes to the arrival of the ruskies. Depending on time you can decide how much you can fiddle around with your men before they must lie still and await the bad guys.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ July 25 2002,15:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've always been wndering, just what the watch does. It doesnt appear to have moving hands or anything, so does it do anything?<span id='postcolor'>

If you are running version 1.0 (retail Euro with no patches, version number visible in the main menu), be sure to get some patch - you will get not only moving hands on watches, but also more bug fixes.

I always use the watch in dusk//dawn missions. Its helpful to determine the amout of day light and when I should finish the mission.

What would have been cool would be instead of just showing a watch it shows the guy roll up his sleeve and look at the time. And if its dark he presses a button and it lights up. I dont think this is possible with OFP's engine. Its not the biggest deal but just a neat idea i had.

How the hell do u guys see the watch? when ever I play and I use the watch it says the date, but there wasnt any hands on the watch? And im running resistance not 1.0 is it because I have the US version or something cause it doent even have hands! Please Help! Help Me Suma! Or Somebody! sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ July 27 2002,19:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What would have been cool would be instead of just showing a watch it shows the guy roll up his sleeve and look at the time. And if its dark he presses a button and it lights up. I dont think this is possible with OFP's engine. Its not the biggest deal but just a neat idea i had.<span id='postcolor'>

u can do that now just set yr watch to the games time switch out the lights press t roll up your sleve and place arm infrount of montor.

Turning up the texture for effects(Ithink) makes the watch work if you don't get a face on it or the like. the compass was like that. if I had low texture it would show the compass face but not move when I did. or only the first time.

PS. the watch tells the time wink.gif ...

Can I suggest you try playing in Cadet mode for a second, see if that shows the hands. My hands are now working in Resistance campaign, and the only thing I really did was switch to Cadet mode so that I could turn on extra map info.

Switch everything to easiest in the Cadet Difficulty just to make the test 100%. Then you can turn the difficulty up as you desire and see what happens.

confused.gif

By the way, there seems to be a bug of some sort in the watch/compass rendering... the watch/compass only come visible when the action menu is visible too, if you stand still for a while and wait for the action menu to fade off, the watch or compass dont work anymore until you press next action key or something to get the menu back.

yea, the watch doesn't work for me either. i'm pretty sure i know why, its because i have the worst video card possible - intel 810 biggrin.gif. i've tried 1024x768, highest texture resolutions possible, no hands..... now all i have to do is save up approximately 1000 bucks to upgrade my computer. oh yea, it might be cuz we don't run ofp at 32bpp, i'm at 16 cuz thats all my card supports.

Ive never had ant problems with the watch.I use it often.And if Im near the towns clock I just look at it to see what time it is.