Sign in to follow this  
redryder

M-1 Garand Government Issue by RedRyder

I have geometry.. lol, didnt think of the weight. Thanks alwarren.

@Jarhead- I assume you mean to do that through the command line below-

begin1[] = {"tb_arifle_m1garand\Sound\m1garand3.wav",2.51189,1,1200};
		begin2[] = {"tb_arifle_m1garand\Sound\m1garand3.wav",2.51189,1,1200};
		begin3[] = {"tb_arifle_m1garand\Sound\m1garand3.wav",2.51189,1,1200};

However, I have already tested this, and it is completely random. If you mean it through another way by coding, could you please specify?

Update V 1.2

Crashes fixed, thanks alwarren. Modified textures. New: 8rnd 7.62x63 (30-06) "Enbloc" clip.

Update V 1.2

Crashes fixed, thanks alwarren. Modified textures. New: 8rnd 7.62x63 (30-06) "Enbloc" clip.

Alright, I tested it and here's my feedback:

* the wooden texture seems a little too bright and orangey, and also low res

* what about the texture for metal? Some black coating would do nice. I think even matte will do.

* the sounds are somewhat low quality. I've actually checked inside the .pbo and it seems that only the 3rd shot is low quality and the game for some reason plays only this one. The first 2 are good, but they seem to be not included in the rotation. The ping sound is also low quality and hardly audible.

Yes, the texture is not quite finished. I had actually burnt the wood texture in GIMP to give it more of a rich red... unfortunately, in game, especially in the day time, it turns orange... The texture itself is actually high resolution, even if Im using a smaller variant of it. One reason why it may not look so well is the fact that the editor simply would not unwrap the model. The only way that I could unwrap it is to unwrap it manually, or through 3Ds Max (if it even can do that). Since I could not rely on the UV mapping atm, I used Gizmo mapping, while constantly moving gizmo so that the center was as the center of mass for each component, and mapping said component, which would then give it the appearance of having "High Res Textures" even though that in reality, it was a high res texture, being stretched around an elliptical cylinder- Simply an illusion.

I assume the way to fix this is through RVmat files, and other texture types that go on top of it. I will probably work on that next.

To be blunt, the sounds are low quality, even the other two shots are low quality. Everything that I have so far found has either been irreparably compressed down to reduce space at the cost of quality, or it has been a synthetic representation. All the sounds are synthetic representations... Videos and such from youtube are unusable considering the fact that A: Where else can you record but in a gun range, and B: If an M-1 is at a gun range, it is typically the talk of the town. Granted I have only skimmed youtube. I am however, hoping on getting real HD recordings soon. The only reason why I used the third shot, is the fact that it is much louder than the other two in game. The ping is quite audible for me though... could be something with the actual game.

(I may make three different variants using the three different shots and have a general poll to see what is the loudest/best to use)

I have not finished the texture for the metal quite yet, I did make the quick one that I am using a little darker, and I added some streaks and such to it, but still..

Im still learning though. Last time I ever made a mod/script or anything, it was for Starsiege Tribes, and that was almost fourteen years ago, lol.

Edited by RedRyder

Okay with the new update ive finally managed to get rounds in the gun however they wont fire?

Okay with the new update ive finally managed to get rounds in the gun however they wont fire?

Yeah, me too, I can load the gun but it won't fire...

It may be possible that the file has been corrupted during the download. I have downloaded this from my own link several times, and just tried the link in Armaholic, yet I have not had any problems yet, except with the minor model glitch with the sights. Could you also state which mods you are running? It may be possible that there are conflicts between other mods.

Just wanted to chime in to say it works fine for me. The model is great, though i do think that work needs to be done on everything else.

If you are taking suggestions, I humbly request the Trench Gun. Or if you're not big on pump shotties, Greek partisans can could always use the Sten or Lee Enfield Mk. III.

It doesn't seem that there is a problem, I'll try running this mod without any other ones and we'll see if it'll work then

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

I noticed when I enter the game it says: "No entry: 'config.bin\cfgAmmo\B_762x45_Ball.model'. maybe that has something to do with it?

I noticed when I enter the game it says: "No entry: 'config.bin\cfgAmmo\B_762x45_Ball.model'. maybe that has something to do with it?

Using the dev build? You might want to try with the stable build.

I'm unable to fire it as well on the stable build.

Edited by TheOnlyX

Could be file corruption... Ive redownloaded it several times to my PC.. and it still works. You need to give more info.. like, what other mods are you using, what utilities, launchers, etc.

At any rate, I have been on vacation for the past week, I got some better sound effects and I edited the textures a little.. I plan on adding these in as well as bolt animation, as well as improving the textures of the enbloc. I may take the time to manually unwrap the thing to get the textures on right, but Im thinkin it will take a good while... so I wouldnt expect that anytime soon. I will probably make a low poly model as well.

Unfortunately, I have yet to actually get legit HD gunshot recordings... have not had time to take a road trip to the gun range. I got clip sfx, reloading sfx, bolt sfx, disassembly sfx, trigger... the whole nine yards.

Using the stable build (0.58.105348) and no mods other than this one, I'm unable to get the gun to fire.

I tried the PBOs from both download links.

I get the following error:

No entry

'config.bin\cfgAmmo\B_762x45_Ball.model'.

Then it must be an alphaism, for the 7.62x45mm ball round does exist, especially since the EBR uses it. It is either file corruption on your end or some sort of disagreement with the game. I simply can not reproduce those errors. I will redownload it from every link that involves it again, but I am positive that there is nothing wrong with the addon.

By chance, have you deleted any files in the main arma 3 directory?

Someone PLEASE provide a video of this, make sure to verify the game cache in Steam as well.

OH... and I have a sound effects sample. Recorded in my own soundproof house, or as close you can get with fiberglass, anyways... At any rate, I haven't cleaned up the sounds too much, and there is a little scruffs not ment to be in it. Especially during clip ejection. Granted, Im not too keen on getting M-1 thumb while attempting to load a clip with a single dummy round in it... an enbloc on a piece of paper and a neodymium magnet did the trick for me, and with no gunshots fouling the sound!

https://app.sugarsync.com/iris/wf/D1008464_77238913_621635

It includes several pieces. Bolt operation, clip ejection (rather the PING), field stripping, safety, elevation/wind adjustments, dry firing, trigger pull.

Just to see what you guys think before I put em in.

Edited by RedRyder

The 7.62x45mm doesn't exist (anymore) in the normal build due to BIS changing it and all references to the proper caliber of 7.62x51mm.

The 7.62x45mm doesn't exist (anymore) in the normal build due to BIS changing it and all references to the proper caliber of 7.62x51mm.

Oh hell. Well, that solves it. Didnt know that they did that, havent even tested it since I got back till just now. Alright.. Ill release an update later today.

Ok, update version 1.3 ALPHA out. Fixed problems with ammo in the new build. Added attachment support, albeit I am working on another version that has the hardware for attachments. Added new reload sounds for people to test rather than listen to it. Now working on an M-84 scope and a M-1D, which is fitted for this scope. Also working on a year 2035 edition of the M-1 Garand, as stated above. I will also make it a priority to get the textures mapped right through UV-unwrap in 3Ds max. Download location remains the same: https://app.sugarsync.com/iris/wf/D1008464_77238913_678423

got to try this new version. such an awesome historical weapon.

What are the classnames for the gun and the ammo? Couldn't find them in an existing or new weapon box (having started the game with the mod enabled).

Otherwise, vanilla A3 really needs more gun variety. Except the latest heavy sniper rifles, all current Alpha weapons are more or less the same.

Made all new sounds for it. I'm a professional sound artist and frequently compete in long range rifle matches with my M1. So I had some good equipment to record with. Problem is I can't test it in game. Can't spawn the damn thing. Can anyone help?

Tried using the Virtual Ammo Box and the M1 did not show up there either.

Edited by theplato