Sign in to follow this  
Snake Sh_t

Desert storm mod

Hm,i frowned upon the desert apache,every apache i've seen on a picture during the gulf war had normal olive colour (or black in some cases)

And that hercules looks awful,that nose looks nothing like a hercules,anyone who has ever seen one will agree to that.

Plus, with recent 'events',i'm frowning even more confused.gif

I'm not judging the team,very talented people there (who really should consider quitting and going to a decent modding leader imho)

"Their" M1A2 uses the sounds from DesertOFP. They sure know how to steal stuff.

To quakergamer: The C-130 hasnt visually improved bit seems to have regressed.

Who has given ofp-zone the right to release them? This was never planned. Although there was a lot of shit happening in the mod in the last few days, this doesn't give Gunship the permission to play the police. I hope there will be consequences mad.gif

actually it is the m1a1 abrams from aaron ash, theyve only changed the names (i think aaron ash and desert ofp worked together on the desert abrams)

Ok the models are ok-ish (except the C-130), the texturing is awfull. The paladin however seems to have arced fire! which would be great if it just had a proper aiming method.

I don't really see the point in releasing unfinished addons. The c130 hasn't been textured yet.. confused.gif

Dont shoot the paladin yourself. Tell one of your teammates to be the gunner, and then mark the targets for him.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't really see the point in releasing unfinished addons. The c130 hasn't been textured yet..

<span id='postcolor'>

It's not the only one. The uh-1's textures aren't finished, and the challenger has bugs.

Denior: The person who released this did it because he probably was pissed of at the model/texture/sound stealing one or more persons in the mod were doing. Or am i telling you something you allready know?

bad desert storm mod! BAD!

A while ago I said that some desert storm MOD units were that off Desert OFP...... and no one beleived me.  sad.gif

-------------------------------------------

EDIT

I know that there are lots and lots of people in the ofp editing community out there who are very good skinners, so can you please leap on these and give them your loving attention please?

all these addons are so nasty, I KNOW THEY ARE BETA, but seriously not worth downloading, maybe just for a good laugh because it pissess off the ds mod people, but what goes around comes around. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Speeeedy @ July 24 2002,20:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the models and skins are just plain ugly<span id='postcolor'>

uhm.....dont you think those were beta addons, their textures were temporary, and Gunship (zodiac) got the password of the beta test and private forums (from me biggrin.gif) and decided to release them...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ July 24 2002,20:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Speeeedy @ July 24 2002,20:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the models and skins are just plain ugly<span id='postcolor'>

uhm.....dont you think those were beta addons, their textures were temporary, and Gunship (zodiac) got the password of the beta test and private forums (from me biggrin.gif) and decided to release them...<span id='postcolor'>

I think this is something that the DS mod members need to sort out. Behaviour like this is very childish and the only thing it can do is to damage the modding community which in turn damages the entire OFP community.   sad.gif

While this is obviously a problem outside of the realm of these forums, I will, if anybody from the DS mod request it, close down this thread and subsequent threads and links to the download location. I really don't think such things should be encouraged.

or maybe it will stop them from stealing addons again? thus improving the community

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ July 24 2002,20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">or maybe it will stop them from stealing addons again? thus improving the community<span id='postcolor'>

In a perfect world, perhaps. But you know how it is going to turn out: they will seek retribution. It will all end with a negative sprial that will just create tension between different mods.

well the only mod involved is desert storm, the only other party involved is ofp-zone.de

I just wanted to add that if anyone wants to see what a real C130 looks like (along with pics of troops disembarking from one for scale) check out:

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/c-130.htm

Quakergamers C130 needs a bit of work before it will be a passable C130.   However I think he should definitely keep working on it and improving it. It just needs longer wings, a better front section (with proper windows and a more rounded nose), and the cargo section should be as wide as a Humvee. It might also need to be slightly longer perhaps but it's hard to tell without a side by side comparison.  It's very close to being good... just a bit more work on the model is what it mainly needs. I hope that he will not settle for mediocre and that he will put out mods that he can be proud of.

His M109 I thought actually wasn't bad at all.  It looks better in the game then in the pictures...not quite as nice looking as the DKM M109, but still not a bad job.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Those are absolutely horrible models and I wont even go into the textures. The front of the C-130 looks like a 747 lol. The palading just looks wacked and its all out of scale or something. The challenger looks like a giant stepped on it and the hueys look like flying boxes with undersized rotars! There are very few addons out there that I wont even bother downloading but this just doubled my list. My advice is to redo all of those models on blueprints or get some help from other modelers, they are very messed up and probably need to be redone.

This is just becoming a bash session and no one needs that.

Closing.