Sign in to follow this  
fatman111

arma 3 zoombies

im sure most of you guys know about zoombies and i dont know if its released and i have no idea how to know but if it is released can someone please link the download i would appreciate it alot thanx

Oh I know about the zombies allright...

Yes we know about zombies. They are the living dead. I assume you are talking about "DayZ". It has not been released yet for Arma 3.

If you're talking about a mod called "Zoombies", I never heard of it. If you're talking about DayZ, check the DayZ Forums.

If you're interested in playing DayZ in Arma 3, check the All in Arma mod.

On a sidenote: I'd suggest you to take a bit more time for your posts. It's hard to understand what you want to express. See it as if you would be writing a letter :)

Dayz is Arma 2 but someone has ported the Dayz code to Arma 3 and it's called Zoombies.

Terrible name but most likey done for copyright reasons, BIS own the rights to the Dayz name.

So yes Zoombies is Dayz for Arma 3 and as far as i know the files are not released publically.

Chernarus looks stunning in A3 :D maybe a tad bright but that can be fixed

I'm afraid the copyright problem isn't only related to the name...

In what way ?

The people behind Dayz Origins are making fortunes by licensing the Dayz Origins files to certain providers and no action has been taking against them, Zoombies will be given freely to the community for all to enjoy :) where is the harm in that ?

Copyright extends to materials and not just namesake, objects, scripting, etc, be it for gain or not.

And remembering how much the dayz community thought it was their right to alter the way the game functioned on the perception that they were the larger audience now...I and many others are going to be very pissed if we see a swarm of feedback trackers related to this, and likely give a very rude telling off, dayz is becoming its own game, can you people seriously not wait?

Edited by NodUnit

In what way ?

The people behind Dayz Origins are making fortunes by licensing the Dayz Origins files to certain providers and no action has been taking against them, Zoombies will be given freely to the community for all to enjoy :) where is the harm in that ?

They do? This is freaking lame. Mods are mods and should be free for everyone. Want to make money from it? Buy a license of the engine and make a standalone game yourself. They should be taken down if this is really true.

They do? This is freaking lame. Mods are mods and should be free for everyone. Want to make money from it? Buy a license of the engine and make a standalone game yourself. They should be taken down if this is really true.

Because DayZ was developed by a developer in house in BIS, the fortune is moreso the money that was gained going towards Arma 2 sales.

Copyright extends to materials and not just namesake, objects, scripting, etc, be it for gain or not.

And remembering how much the dayz community thought it was their right to alter the way the game functioned on the perception that they were the larger audience now...I and many others are going to be very pissed if we see a swarm of feedback trackers related to this, and likely give a very rude telling off, dayz is becoming its own game, can you people seriously not wait?

It's just a mod :) same as all the other missions that the community have released, I fail to see a problem.

Yes, most people here hate Dayz but not everyone does, each to their own.

No more zombies for Christ's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :coop:

It's just a mod :) same as all the other missions that the community have released, I fail to see a problem.

Yes, most people here hate Dayz but not everyone does, each to their own.

The mod itself is not the problem, the people it brings are.

I was once lenient and very understanding of the phenomina, even tried to help others understand that they had their place too.

But my outlook has been soured by the way in which dayz servers took over Arma 2, that much of the community felt the game should be more tailored to them,

that they thought dayZ was the game and Arma was the mod, that they went to every Arma 3 video and spammed dayZ, the way some of them sell slots on servers with equipment on a guise of pay to win,

with the mentality that they SAVED Arma.

Edited by NodUnit

The mod itself is not the problem, the people it brings are.

I was once lenient and very understanding of the phenomina, even tried to help others understand that they had their place too.

But my outlook has been soured by the way in which dayz servers took over arma 2, that much of the community felt the game should be more tailored to them,

that they thought dayZ was the game and arma was the mod, that they went to every arma 3 video and spammed dayZ, the way some of them sell slots on servers with equipment on a guise of pay to win.

I agree with what you say and you speak the truth :) but that is what Arma is all about, Arma is a framework that gives you the power to create new missions and mods for people to play.

Me personally i don't like wasteland but jeez have you seen how many wasteland servers are online and being played ? people like it and while it's popular it'll stay.

The community decide what is popular and what isn't, you can't hate people because they enjoy something you don't.

Just wait for Dayz alpha/final game - arma 3 dont need a special dayz even wasteland is enough

Just wait for Dayz alpha/final game - arma 3 dont need a special dayz even wasteland is enough

I'll buy the standalone but i'll also play Zoombies and Arma 3 :) I like choice and wasteland isn't enough for me.

Pointless bashing something because some don't like it, play what you enjoy and everyone likes different things, if it fails then people won't play it.

Dayz is Arma 2 but someone has ported the Dayz code to Arma 3 and it's called Zoombies.

Terrible name but most likey done for copyright reasons, BIS own the rights to the Dayz name.

So yes Zoombies is Dayz for Arma 3 and as far as i know the files are not released publically.

Chernarus looks stunning in A3 :D maybe a tad bright but that can be fixed

damn, ragdolling zombies are lot more fun to kill!

Is there a way to filter out the zoombies / wasteland from the server list? I don't mind the co-existance, the more the merrier, it's just having to pick through all the stuff you don't want and the ever increasing load time of the server list that is beginning to annoy me.

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

In what way ?

They are licensing DayZ Origins files? Files that depend on Arma 2? Meaning they are making money off of an Arma 2 mod? And that's not considered illegal?

Hello there

An improved Gamebrowser and filtering system would help alleviate most peoples issues.

I dont believe one can tar all DAYZ players with the same brush just one cannot do the same with Arma players.

The Zoombies port is nothing to do with the official DAYZ team. As I have stated on the DAYZ forums, proof of concepts tests are fine but actually hosting a DAYZ rip without any official "thumbs up" is poor form.

If they get approval, then I have no issue with the game coming to A3.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
mental grammar

They are licensing DayZ Origins files? Files that depend on Arma 2? Meaning they are making money off of an Arma 2 mod? And that's not considered illegal?

They charge hosting companies money to be official partners and only those official partners can host Dayz Origin servers, these so called partners then rent game servers to the general public and make profit.

Zoombies will be released free and the team behind it don't even accept donations.

Yet people are bashing Zoombies ? :confused:

Is there a way to filter out the zoombies / wasteland from the server list? I don't mind the co-existance, the more the merrier, it's just having to pick through all the stuff you don't want and the ever increasing load time of the server list that is beginning to annoy me.
There was something in an old OA/CO or DayZ mod changelog about automatically filtering out DayZ servers if you didn't have the mod loaded, did anything ever actually happen with that?

Dwarden (a long-time BI community manager) has said that the Arma 3 server browser is WIP so the possibility of filtering is there... but to my knowledge he's never promised that feature and he's never given an ETA on when server browser changes will occur.