Sign in to follow this  
Richie

Hacked by a player with no ID

NEW INFORMATION

Arma 3/Addons/functions_f.pbo - mp/fn_mp.sqf USED FOR DISTRIBUTION OF THE ORIGINAL SCRIPT

If you want to spread new antivirus to your clients make it how he did it and include it in that file as seen below!

Whats needed is a function that periodically removes BIS_fnc_MP2 , which is what the script uses to trigger the skyflying shit....

http://i.imgur.com/19RrtUdl.png

Once you get injected on the server, you can dig into the script he is injecting to players with CheatEngine for example or with IDA. just dont close down the game ;P

http://i.imgur.com/FqU4WZ0l.png

Colour me confused, but, what on earth are you on about?

Really? We paid for the final game? Could you provide some proof of that? My receipt from Steam clearly shows Arma 3 Alpha. And while you're at it, since you only have to pay for the final version of the game, could you send me a link to where I can download the Alpha for free? I have some friends who would be interested in saving the money so we can all not play the game together.

wat? How could you buy something and not even know what you are buying? I am embarrassed on your behalf for writing this post. :j:

Colour me confused, but, what on earth are you on about?

He's reverse engineering the "hack" and showing us how it works so someone can create a "fix" or "cleaner" using the same method. At least that's what I understand.

is there a way to use the hackers code to reinject the right BIS fnc MP?

or maybe as suggested but with further more precautions, doing something like:

in your mission init.sqf

if isServer

bis_fnc_mp_backup = bis_fnc_mp;

[] spawn {

while true {

sleep 60;

bis_fnc_mp = bis_fnc_mp_backup;

}

}

the code is not real code, just the main idea. don't use it as is.

i know it would be temporary until they find somthing else, or attack the backup variable. but maybe meanwhile bis will come up with something stronger.

at least every 60 seconds the server would not spread anymore the virus. (or maybe it's more complicated than just that)

just ideas

Really? We paid for the final game? Could you provide some proof of that? My receipt from Steam clearly shows Arma 3 Alpha. And while you're at it, since you only have to pay for the final version of the game, could you send me a link to where I can download the Alpha for free? I have some friends who would be interested in saving the money so we can all not play the game together.

See Below. Everyone who paid for the game has three, free alpha lite invites to hand out.

. Annoyingly the 'briefing' part of the A3 website seems to have been removed, or hard to find, which talked about the point of the alpha and what you were getting into.

Unbelieveable.

Sorry for double post, but:

http://i.imgur.com/KzXVdiE.png

Thanks, saved me digging around.

ATTENTION: the following simple fix will not work with missions depending on BIS_fnc_MP,

because it disables the whole BIS_fnc_MP, so that NO code can be executed from remote this way.

This means all missions depending on BIS_fnc_MP will not work correctly with this fix.

I tested this with xeno's nice Domination 2 mission (2.99d) and it seems to works well.

(Domination makes currently no use of BIS_fnc_MP)

If you would try this AND you are familiar with .pbo extracting/packing just do the following :

1. Extract the co40_Domination_2_99d_Blufor_Lite_Alpha.Stratis.pbo

2. in init.sqf, at beginning of this file, insert this line:

"BIS_fnc_MP_packet" addPublicVariableEventHandler {};

3. Repack the .pbo

4. use it on your server

Hope it helps for now ...

Edited by Fred41
language correction

Yes, you did pay for the final game. It is stated quite clearly on BI store. This is what it reads:

Gain access to the Arma 3 Beta as soon as it becomes available. Get a Steam version of the complete game upon release.

https://store.bistudio.com/arma3-alpha

The whole point of the public alpha is for you to help out testing, and it required you to buy the game. In return, you'd get the full game at a highly reduced price, and that is the price you allready have payed. So yes, you will have the full game on steam as soon as it's released.

Hello there

Its nice to see folk (well some) are slowly coming to their senses, but I do wonder how all of this mis-information/accusations/demands/insults/raging etc are going to affect Bohemia's policy of releasing any further unfinished/untested stuff.

Many of us realise what an alpha really is and the fact we have been able to tinker with it so much is a testament to the RV engine. To be able to play stable MP matches is astounding.

I think the games industry is somewhat to blame for this as many companies give you "alpha" or "beta" access to their games which are essentially in a finished state but use the terms for exclusivity and pre orders. This *may* have lulled A3 Alpha purchasers to believe they were getting a similar deal.

This isn't the dev's fault. I think we should cut them some slack.

Rgds

LoK

Dan;2380956']Wait a min' date=' if he wants BIS to remove the scripting library in general, doesn't that mean that he basically wants to destroy customs missions entirely pretty much as they depend on it? (or rather having to rely on bis modules/triggers and missions)[/quote']
This means all missions depending on BIS_fnc_MP will not work correctly with this.
The fundamental problem with Arma in a nutshell, ladies and gentlemen.

Omg guyz I can't play on ne of teh serverz puleez fix dis ASAP I keep flying into teh sky and then die an a msg appeers in teh screen telling me I suck and that the game is a hostage. What doez dis mean???

nothing unexpected

the BIS_fnc_MP https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_MP

is evolution of TOH's replacement https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_MP_(Take_On_Helicopters)

of A2/OA old MPF (multiplayer framework) https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Multiplayer_framework

as Alpha has no security yet, cheating or exploiting ingame scripting and functions is bound to happen

Almost every server i joined today was "hacked" like this by little sad people.

So if this is expected i guess it's also expected that not much MP will be alpha tested.

Considering how awful MP tended to be already due to lack of dedicated servers thusfar, it doesn't seem like this is that much worse...

So what is this file that he wants removed anyway? What does it do and why is he so upset about it?

Considering how awful MP tended to be already due to lack of dedicated servers thusfar, it doesn't seem like this is that much worse...

Yeah true, MP is awful for you so it's no problem "hackers" is ruining it for everybody else :s

Some of the comments in this thread are absolutely mindboggling. It seems that many are happy to point figers at BIS for "letting this happen" or not fixing instantly. Geez, guys - take a chill pill. Relax. Go for a walk. Do something other than try to play the game or rant on forums. Life isn't over just because we have a momentary issue with an Alpha release of a game. It'll get fixed. In the mean time, play single player (after rebooting your PC) -that'll work fine.

There's an ugly solution that might work..

If someone knows how to mimic this script, why not combat the current one circulating with a harmless copy and spread it around as much as possible.

There's an ugly solution that might work..

If someone knows how to mimic this script, why not combat the current one circulating with a harmless copy and spread it around as much as possible.

Agree, if someone does a version of this viral script that cleans the malicious one, they could join as many servers as they can to start spreading it and make both viral scripts fight each other until only one remains, hopefully it wthe harmelss one lol.

the fix for this is extreeeeeeeeemly easy, me and about 7 friends have done this and we are playing fine, Tho i do not want to post it here For the world to see incase the person who did it, Incorporates it in a new way.

(doesnt open public servers, But if you had difficulty playing privately, Like doing private missions or what not, It works)

ANd i guess ill tell people Over skype (only so Its all private): freedomdog7

(just this way The hacker wont find out, Hopefully.

Edited by freedomdog7

So what is this file that he wants removed anyway? What does it do and why is he so upset about it?
It's more of "he wants BI to throw out their entire scripting library that's used for mission making and to have to start from scratch."

Hi All , I think I got him, look at this screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/xd914h9af/

All players have ID except one player : pc, but for a few seconds when he was connecting to my server a few times ( after I restarted mission ) his ID was shown , I made a screenshot and I do have his ID. The question is: is it him or it is innocent player - I don't think so - because 3 times when he connected his ID was deleted and then server was hacked.

ATTENTION: the following simple fix will not work with missions depending on BIS_fnc_MP,

because it disables the whole BIS_fnc_MP, so that NO code can be executed from remote this way.

This means all missions depending on BIS_fnc_MP will not work correctly with this fix.

I tested this with xeno's nice Domination 2 mission (2.99d) and it seems to works well.

(Domination makes currently no use of BIS_fnc_MP)

If you would try this AND you are familiar with .pbo extracting/packing just do the following :

1. Extract the co40_Domination_2_99d_Blufor_Lite_Alpha.Stratis.pbo

2. in init.sqf, at beginning of this file, insert this line:

"BIS_fnc_MP_packet" addPublicVariableEventHandler {};

3. Repack the .pbo

4. use it on your server

Hope it helps for now ...

Didn't work for me on 1.06 Wasteland, players got no dialogue box and we all spawned on the northern spawn island location.

PLS READ MY POST:

Hi All , I think I got him, look at this screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/xd914h9af/

All players have ID except one player : pc, but for a few seconds when he was connecting to my server a few times ( after I restarted mission ) his ID was shown , I made a screenshot and I do have his ID. The question is: is it him or it is innocent player - I don't think so - because 3 times when he connected his ID was deleted and then server was hacked.