Sign in to follow this  
Richie

Hacked by a player with no ID

No, you are incorrect, i said most people, not everyone. Do you think every arma player read the forums?

I don't see why they can't play if they don't read the forums.

Isn't there an entire offline component?

Can the planned 'Security Content' for ArmA 3 receive a higher Priority than light effects and what not So we can actually Test Alpha/Beta more successful?

It´s actually 'safety´s first'...

We will be holding a second Test on our Vanilla Server maybe Today or tomorrow! :)

Can the planned 'Security Content' for ArmA 3 receive a higher Priority than light effects and what not So we can actually Test Alpha/Beta more successful?

We will be holding a second Test on our Vanilla Server maybe Today or tomorrow! :)

That.-

Hi There ARMA III community.

We have all been suffering with the unplayable server situation which appears to be a misguided attempt by someone to draw attention to what they perceive as a massive security hole relating to the ARMA 3 scripting engine aka the BIS_fnc_MP debacle.

Perhaps what is needed is a deeper understanding of what playing with ALPHA software means. It means you are playing with a relatively UNTESTED, UNSECURED, BUGGY, PRE-RELEASE version of the final product. There are no "security holes" because there is NO SECURITY yet. If, while playing, you discover what you consider to be an issue with the software the responsible thing is to FILE A BUG REPORT.

Now filing a bug report requires you to do some work. Firstly, you need to be concise in what the problem is, the circumstances under which it occurs and what you feel the impact is. If necessary you should also be prepared to divulge hardware info about your PC. You should log it on the bug-tracker found here: http://feedback.arma3.com

You should then get a formal response by the DEVS at BI who will adress the issue and explain what is being done.

No, insofar as the scripting engine is concerned, there are plans to secure it but right now, during ALPHA TESTING, the devs want to keep it as open as possible to allow people to experiment with the system as much as possible. You paid your money to play an alpha version. It is not ready for production yet and yes, there will be cheaters and script kiddies and all sorts of people who don't understand how to play nice. Just work around them. Sooner or later they will get banned or dealt with.

But stopping every server with this single BIS_fnc_MP issue is pointless in the extreme. You are not helping. In fact, you are doing the opposite.

Please stop. Seriously. Stop.

Try and follow the wise words of Wil Wheaton - "Dont be a dick!"

Now can we please get back to playing?

Hoping for a fix for the hack soon too, since it's sucks not being able to play online. :(

Do you really think that same programmers are working on lights and on security? Would you call a plumber to fix your TV?

Do you really think that same programmers are working on lights and on security? Would you call a plumber to fix your TV?

*cough* most likely.... Yes. The BI team is so small. The two devs that were imprisoned, were the only two that developed maps. Hence the massive hold-up over just the loss of those two alone.

No I am not thinking on parallel working. I´ve said Higher Priority THAN lights.

No, you are incorrect, i said most people, not everyone. Do you think every arma player read the forums?

Most is still incorrect. Most people who have access to the alpha/dev builds are not actively playing multiplayer in the public servers or numbers would be much higher. And yes i do think every arma player SHOULD read the forums. This is where the alpha is being discussed with the developers and if you are taking part in "playing" the alpha you SHOULD also be taking part in the discussions and understanding what is going on with the alpha.

And for whatever it is worth to you, my statement still applies. Even if your unsupported "Most" is correct, the first place an irritated or frustrated player goes is to the steam or developers forums/support pages. Steam has a thread that links directly to this thread.

I am sorry you think that players are lazier than you and me. You can, and should, cool your horses.

No I am not thinking on parallel working. I´ve said Higher Priority THAN lights.

Sorry I don't quite understand you, if different guys are working on different things, how are their priorities connected?

Sorry I don't quite understand you, if different guys are working on different things, how are their priorities connected?

Because they may care about some lightting fix being pushed on the next release, but they may not care about some security fix for that release. So he's saying "before working on any new stuff for the next release, make sure to work on the security".

There is always a Maestro - Head Manager - Chief you name it .

And I was saying it's probably different people working on those things so it's not "before this, do that", but "while A does this, B does that".

Anyway, this is all irrelevant :D Sorry to have caused confusion, even if I'm the only one confused with how you guys interpreted my words ;)

Just need to rewrite these variables and such and you should be good

Should be good, before he changes lehermit to leJeanClaudevanDamme, leflagger to leRockyBalboa and lehitter to leArnieSchwarzy - and then we can start the dance all over. But good info there Aciidiux.

At least now we know to blame the French, heheh.. :)

Edited by teaCup

Should be good, before he changes lehermit to leJeanClaudevanDamme, leflagger to leRockyBalboa and lehitter to leArnieSchwarzy - and then we can start the dance all over. But good info there Aciidiux.

But at least now we know to blame the French, heheh.. :)

I think I agree and the guy proves a point that the exploits have gone unnoticed for too long and he wants a response from BI that they remove or restrict the use of the functions...

I don't mind about this, guys working for the money the game is selling.. Maybe they would do a hotfix if they would care to think about a solution which would benefit all the parties, developers and players a like. If u banish them many missions types will stop working , but if you restrict them you need to write new specifications for the functions to the core and such...

You paid for the final game and in return got access to the Alpha and Beta. Whilst it doesn't make the situation less irritable or degrading, you need to be aware of what you purchased and what you signed up for.

Really? We paid for the final game? Could you provide some proof of that? My receipt from Steam clearly shows Arma 3 Alpha. And while you're at it, since you only have to pay for the final version of the game, could you send me a link to where I can download the Alpha for free? I have some friends who would be interested in saving the money so we can all not play the game together.

Wait a min, if he wants BIS to remove the scripting library in general, doesn't that mean that he basically wants to destroy customs missions entirely pretty much as they depend on it? (or rather having to rely on bis modules/triggers and missions)

Dan;2380956']Wait a min' date=' if he wants BIS to remove the scripting library in general, doesn't that mean that he basically wants to destroy customs missions entirely pretty much as they depend on it? (or rather having to rely on bis modules/triggers and missions)[/quote']

BIS function library != SQF functions.

The BIS function library are functions made from SQF, and are automatically compiled into variables/functions.

Really? We paid for the final game? Could you provide some proof of that? My receipt from Steam clearly shows Arma 3 Alpha. And while you're at it, since you only have to pay for the final version of the game, could you send me a link to where I can download the Alpha for free? I have some friends who would be interested in saving the money so we can all not play the game together.

Where's that facepalm.jpg when you need it

I don't know what we are discussing here anymore :P but back to the main topic, the problem seems to be this function that allows you to execute scripts remotely into another clients. The obvious fix would be to identify if what's is being executed on the client remotely include code that will at the same time try to execute code remotely on other clients and block it, this would stop the "virality" and this script would be just another "hack". But this fix could still break stuff i guess, and as BI staff said already on this thread the issue goes beyond one function.

So the only thing we can do now is wait until BIS release an update that patch this issue, or wait for them to give some official announcement regarding this.

Here's your proof:

Just like to report same problem too (this "infection"), I'm only looking at page 10 here so sorry if there's some stuff at latest but hey-ho.

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

Unbelieveable.

Sorry for double post, but:

KzXVdiE.png

As someone in the industry - this made my day! A very very shitty day actually.. I can't stop laughing! Cheers dude.