Sign in to follow this  
Feint

PUSH & KILL: Close combat module

What?! Can you imagine the horror stories being created at giving AI such godly powers as PUSH? You think Co-op/PvP grief is bad...

Waaaaa the AI pushed me over !

It's more the push vehicle script that i'm looking for. I would prefer having a CallScript to add to vehicle initialization so that players can push those specific vehicles only. (pressing the mousewheel "PUSH" action like in your movie)

Just wondering if this would be doable instead of having players install the "@mod" ?

No, I'm sorry, that's not how I've written this. Also, I've provided a script version so people don't have to download the module.

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:12 ----------

INSTALLATION (SCRIPT):

(see included mission for details)

the mission.sqm you have in your package is already to old to be opened in editor.

s

Works for me. What error are you getting? Are you using the development version of Arma3?

Edited by Feint

The Armaholic Links are still Verison 1 and the other Link you provided leads me to: "New WinRar ZIP Archive.part3.rar"... in there is "rld-ds3a.rar", but its a part so I cant see whats in there :P

Could you please fix your Links? Thanks :)

That's annoying. I'll update in a little while. Thanks for telling me.

EDIT: First link fixed. I've contacted Armaholic to fix the link.

DOWNLOAD HERE:

Edited by Feint

Nice! After seeing the pushing of boxes one thing came to my mind: Sokoban in 3D as campaign-based mission progress. :cool: Can you disable the push-ability on certain placed objects?

Nice! After seeing the pushing of boxes one thing came to my mind: Sokoban in 3D as campaign-based mission progress. :cool: Can you disable the push-ability on certain placed objects?

Sokoban in 3d would be doable. :)

Regarding your disable request, do you mean adding something to the init line of an object to keep it fixed in place? That is possible yes.

Neat addon but it should be info added that this addon will write itself into savegames, and makes those saves useless, even if the addon is loaded and not used in the mission!

I felt like this is a plug-in, you should let him be used on any map, and not need to edit the map before you can use. This is too much trouble.

since you necro'd a thread with a complaint on how hard it is to utilize this in a mission... i have to ask... what exactly is so hard about putting a module on the map????? its two-three clicks with your mouse and your done...

on a side note.. I wonder if Feint is still working this, if there are any improvements to be made? and or updates he as yet to push out?? Feint any comments?

Edited by Lordprimate

Upon starting ArmA 3 I get an error message stating: No entry 'config.bin/cfgpatches.[push] pushing in arma 3 [by feint]'. And while I am able to get into the editor and preview a mission I still get that error upon mission start. The zeus module will flat out deny me the ability to preview a mission due to this error. Any thoughts?

upon starting arma 3 i get an error message stating: No entry 'config.bin/cfgpatches.[push] pushing in arma 3 [by feint]'. And while i am able to get into the editor and preview a mission i still get that error upon mission start. The zeus module will flat out deny me the ability to preview a mission due to this error. Any thoughts?

What ever you do!! Do not!! I repeat DO NOT open the .pbo and try to help Feint. He cant handle help.. Just let him figure it out!!!

Edited by Lordprimate

What ever you do!! Do not!! I repeat DO NOT open the .pbo and try to help Feint. He cant handle help.. Just let him figure it out!!!

So I guess asking for help on the forums are out of the questing. Thanks. :j:

So I guess asking for help on the forums are out of the questing. Thanks. :j:

Au contraire, MadMalik, these BIS foruns are meant to be the place to ask for help, Lordprimate was just ironizing this discussion -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171460-RQ-11B-RAVEN-for-Arma-3-RELEASED!&p=2721046#post2721046

This is a quite old module (back from Alpha days), so I guess those errors are due to BIS constant changes on the engine, just wait a little and Feint will take a look, and fix if is there anything fixable by this time...

cheers!

yea sorry ask questions, by ALL MEANS!!! I'm just a sarcastic ass. This mod was great when it was working but too much has changed in Arma3.

Ah gentlemen I see. My apologies I took it the wrong way. Ohh that tricky internet!

This comment is completely unnecessary and unappreciated. Lordprimate, if you have something to say to me, why not just put it in a PM rather than air your sarcasm.

MadMalik, this addon was from the Arma 3 Alpha days. I've not looked at it in a while, but I'll see what I can do about fixing it. The game has changed a lot since I released this and the last time I looked at it, I couldn't initially figure out what was wrong with my code. But I'll take a look again and see what's going on.

• Like 1

I'm interested on using this addon with my realism unit, would be great if you can fix it.

:)

I went next that mod when it came out... how awesome!

But what would be really cool is that it auto-init, and not rely to script or module. I'm kind of surprised nobody ever asked for that :)

• Like 1

Hey man, is it okay if you do a tutorial on how to download the mod? I did everything but i still can't push the vehicles (can you push vehicles from other scenarios? Or does it have to be in an editor?)

Is this script or a similar mod that can let me push vehicles still floating around somewhere I can download?