Sign in to follow this  
fabrizio_t

5,5Gb Update on DEV Branch?

You can synchronize it with infantry and vehicles, and if the infantry switches to combat behaviour (detects enemies), they will board the vehicles. They'll also use them to move over long distances.

Sweet, is it MP compatible right now?

It's implemented in Escape from Stratis and works fine.

It's implemented in Escape from Stratis and works fine.

Perfect then, I'll use it in my future mission.

The branch changelog says this:

21-03-2013

Staging the default branch update for tomorrow's deployment - changelog then

You will receive updates to the default branch normally. The only way you can "prevent" that is by setting the game to not update explicitly in its "Properties", but you need to do that yourself, so by default you should be getting the updates for the stable branch and only those.

OK, thanks. I have "Always keep this game up to date" set under the UPDATES tab. Sorry for being dense, but that would mean that my game has been patched in between March 5th to now ? How do I see what updates have taken place, because with the link under that same tab that says "View arma 3 Alpha update history" I get sent to a news page with no kind of information on what updates took place.

Still struggling with this Steam thingy I guess ....

Hm, for me the update was only 210,8 MB.

Hmm for me Steam is saying 210.6 MB.:confused:

This is probably a steam issue. I've had this issue before with other games. For every little patch steam downloaded the whole game.

For me it happened when copying the steamapps folder to another hard drive and placing it back after a hard disk format. No idea how you can solve it :)

The arma 3 update yesterday was 210MB.

SP missions section just appered with new update! Thanks BIS. :)

This 5+ GB 'update' was a mistake. What happened: we published a few minor changes, but the entire Addons folder was removed accidentally. Then it was reverted, but that means your Steam client may have already deleted Addons in those few minutes. I'm afraid this is going to be one of the risks of using Development branch.

This 5+ GB 'update' was a mistake. What happened: we published a few minor changes, but the entire Addons folder was removed accidentally. Then it was reverted, but that means your Steam client may have already deleted Addons in those few minutes. I'm afraid this is going to be one of the risks of using Development branch.

Glad I upgraded my internet then. :)

Will we see any tanks and jets anytime soon? ;)

Just to be clear: this wasn't 5 new GB of data, merely re-downloaded old data. The new data was roughly 200 MB :)

Just to be clear: this wasn't 5 new GB of data, merely re-downloaded old data. The new data was roughly 200 MB :)

Well, 200 MB is enough for some jets. :cool:

Currently playing through the editor is bugged with bizarre vision colors. I can only see part of the weapon optics. All looks normal again when the mission is played from SP or MP sections.

Currently playing through the editor is bugged with bizarre vision colors. I can only see part of the weapon optics. All looks normal again when the mission is played from SP or MP sections.

I don't get that bug. Everything looks normal.

I removed a mid-range texture mod and now working good for me too.

Edit: Alt-tabbed and the bug is again there. :S

Edit2: Loaded empty project and again my mission in editor and its gone again. Wierd bug. Need to do more testing.

Yeah, Steam decided to redownload the whole Alpha. I´ve experienced this with other games too, steam likes to mess with me.

lol since the update i cant open the door on control tower and has anyone noticed when you blow a building up the windows hover in place.