shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Really enjoying messing around with this but have no idea how to add the wounding revive script to a multiplayer mission.

Any chance someone could post a pre-made template mission which has revive included? :)

BTW I had an error there it should be:

If (isServer) then  
{ 
0 spawn  
	{ 
		Private ["_attacking","_defending","_activeGroups","_leader"]; 
		_attacking    = [east]; 
		_defending    = [west, resistance]; 
		_activeGroups = [];

{ 
			_leader = leader _x; 
			If (!(isPlayer _leader) && !(_x in _activeGroups)) then 
			{ 
				If (side _leader in _attacking) then 
				{ 
					_x setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["MarkerName"," MOVE"], true]; 
				}; 

If (side _leader in _defending) then 
				{ 
					_x setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["MarkerName","NOFOLLOW"], true]; 
				}; 

_x setVariable ["mcc_gaia_cache",true,true]; 

_x setVariable ["MCC_GAIA_RESPAWN",999,true]; 

_activeGroups set [count _activeGroups, _x]; 
			 }; 
		} foreach allGroups; 

Sleep 120; 
	}; 
};  

Really enjoying messing around with this but have no idea how to add the wounding revive script to a multiplayer mission.

Any chance someone could post a pre-made template mission which has revive included? :)

Yes this would be great. Am also wondering how this works in headless client.

please show the noobs.:)

Developers,

It's been a while since your last update, I am sure you are preparing some incredible stuff.

Good luck!!

I've spent a while reading back to see of this has been addressed. Sorry if it has and I am asking an old question that has been resolved.

MCC performance degrades terribly over time. No issues what so ever with game, it is running well. Open MCC screen and over the course of 30 minutes I go from FPS to SPF. I surrender MCC to one of my clients and they have no problem. As I said, game is runnign fine, just going into MCC brings things to a halt. Exit MCC, no probs.

Non dedicated, if that matters.

Hey Shay and Spirit,

I am having an issue with MCC 3D Editor. I am having a massive FPS drop when going into the 3D Editor. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when it happens some of my missions it works completely fine, then others the FPS will drop to 1 FPS when switching to the editor. As soon as I back out, FPS returns to normal. Another interesting thing is when in the editor with 1 FPS, if I remove the HUD by pressing H, the FPS goes back to normal.. Not sure what would be causing this. I am only using MCC with no other mods launching and on a clear map.

You don't need to do anything special any mission with revive on it will work with the mod (It might interfeer with role selection) the mission version have Psycho A3 wounding system in it that you can use. Was that helpful?

Yes this would be great. Am also wondering how this works in headless client.

please show the noobs.:)

If you know how to set a headless client then MCC will detect it and use it once you spawn stuff on it choosing the location as "HC". You don't need to do anything special. If you don't know how to set a headless client then i'm not the right man to ask as I have no clue of how to do it. But you can goggle it and you'll probably find some tutorial.

Developers,

It's been a while since your last update, I am sure you are preparing some incredible stuff.

Good luck!!

Or we are busy with RL or just fooling around... but you gonna find out soon :p

I've spent a while reading back to see of this has been addressed. Sorry if it has and I am asking an old question that has been resolved.

MCC performance degrades terribly over time. No issues what so ever with game, it is running well. Open MCC screen and over the course of 30 minutes I go from FPS to SPF. I surrender MCC to one of my clients and they have no problem. As I said, game is runnign fine, just going into MCC brings things to a halt. Exit MCC, no probs.

Non dedicated, if that matters.

Thanks I would ask for your help solving this:

1. Does the client using MCC was also the server - what I mean do we have a client lag or server lag.

2. Does the lag reduce if you change the viewed factions for less populated lag faction - I mean pressing the players button and not the All in the filter for the map UI. What I suspect is that over time there are more groups and objects to go over by MCC to create the UI.

In general there are only 3 loops going in MCC:

1. Server side delete empty groups once every 1-2 minutes.

2. Draw UI only when you open MCC - onEachFrame - client side - the loops stops when MCC is closed

3. Show units loop - the loop continue even when MCC is close to show units on the Mission maker map - client side.

Hey Shay and Spirit,

I am having an issue with MCC 3D Editor. I am having a massive FPS drop when going into the 3D Editor. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when it happens some of my missions it works completely fine, then others the FPS will drop to 1 FPS when switching to the editor. As soon as I back out, FPS returns to normal. Another interesting thing is when in the editor with 1 FPS, if I remove the HUD by pressing H, the FPS goes back to normal.. Not sure what would be causing this. I am only using MCC with no other mods launching and on a clear map.

Your question is more or less like the one above looks like you PC struggling with the drawIcon, drawLine loop of the UI.

I'll see if I can make the code more fluent.

Hey sorry, I was speaking on @GAIA, I wasn't too sure how to use this exactly.

You don't need to do anything special any mission with revive on it will work with the mod (It might interfeer with role selection) the mission version have Psycho A3 wounding system in it that you can use. Was that helpful?

Has given me ideas. thanks :)

Thanks I would ask for your help solving this:

1. Does the client using MCC was also the server - what I mean do we have a client lag or server lag.

2. Does the lag reduce if you change the viewed factions for less populated lag faction - I mean pressing the players button and not the All in the filter for the map UI. What I suspect is that over time there are more groups and objects to go over by MCC to create the UI.

In general there are only 3 loops going in MCC:

1. Server side delete empty groups once every 1-2 minutes.

2. Draw UI only when you open MCC - onEachFrame - client side - the loops stops when MCC is closed

3. Show units loop - the loop continue even when MCC is close to show units on the Mission maker map - client side.

Hi Shay,

1) No, I am the host (non-dedicated). I will ask my friend to host and see what happens.

2) Its the filtering that seems to make it worse and I am filtering on players only so that I can move my clients to their desired locations. The problem REALLY manifests itself in the 3D editor where I get crushed down to seconds per frame.

Hi

Is anyone having an issue im experiencing that when using air dropped supplies(ammo) the helo comes in fine,drops the ammo fine,chute deploys but then dissapears and ammo box hits the ground,smoke deploys,but case is destroyed.Just had this since last update.

Hi

Is anyone having an issue im experiencing that when using air dropped supplies(ammo) the helo comes in fine,drops the ammo fine,chute deploys but then dissapears and ammo box hits the ground,smoke deploys,but case is destroyed.Just had this since last update.

I have almost the same problem, but here the ammo boxes just lingers in the air, I can see the helicopter come and parachute unfolds, but the boxes are just hanging without falling to the ground .. :confused:

yes,i had them linger also sometimes....Then shot them,they fell haha

Hey I have come across another problem, When MCC 3D Editor is working fine, I make a map and save the objects but it seems to not be saving correctly. Everytime I load the mission it is giving me a missing } error. I am having to manually fix my Mission.sqm file because there seems to be many errors in the file when I look at it.

Edit: Thankfully when I saved, I pressed the one that says "save only MCC/Zeus" and I also saved the one where it says "save all objects". The save all objects one works fine. Its the "save only MCC/Zeus" is the one that is screwing up.

Edited by OV3RJ0RD

Hey guys, I have MMC 4 (beta) on our ARMA groups server. I downloaded the .pbo's given in the intitial posting but BTC Revive does not appear to be working. I have tried to add it to the .pbo myself but simply dont understand code well enough to figure out where I should put things. Does anyone have a link to a good tutorial on getting this working for dedi servers? Any tutorial i can find is at best vague, and at worst completely misleading.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone know the reason that why Ambient AA script dosent work anymore??

Not only ambient AA also dont work Ambient artillery, and ambient search lights.

All stoped working when I apply in the MCC 3D editors int.

Didnt try with zeus but I think its doin same with mcc works.

To the respawn/revive questions. MCC Mod version does not hold any revive like script, it is no longer a part of the mod. You should go to the revive/heal/scripty that you like and build your mission template. On the front page of this thread you will see some download for mission templates that you can use as examples or ready to go products.

@scannerbarkly There is no secret for MCC other then like all other mods. Make sure the server and all users hold the mod. That should be it.

Edited by spirit6

Thx for answer spirit6, i thought i´ve read a few months ago that MCC were using something with regenerating health or something like that.

Actually i didnt search a script or whatever, i just try to eliminate possible scripts which using those health regen and revive. I play only WholeLottaAltis, SaOk had a respawn script in his mission and one of my installed mods might conflict with his mission and thats what i try to isolate. Thanks anyway

Hi,

I tried to restrict the VAS Ammobox to certain items which works fine as long as mcc is not loaded. After loading @mcc the ammobx have all weapons that are available and the restrictions don´t work anymore. Is there a workaround or something?

Best regards

Kai

Hi,

I tried to restrict the VAS Ammobox to certain items which works fine as long as mcc is not loaded. After loading @mcc the ammobx have all weapons that are available and the restrictions don´t work anymore. Is there a workaround or something?

Best regards

Kai

Can you send me the mission file so I can fix it.

Hi Shay,

1) No, I am the host (non-dedicated). I will ask my friend to host and see what happens.

2) Its the filtering that seems to make it worse and I am filtering on players only so that I can move my clients to their desired locations. The problem REALLY manifests itself in the 3D editor where I get crushed down to seconds per frame.

Thanks i'll try to reduce the load in the 3D editor. Regarding the MCC UI my best suggestion is spawn less groups and use the caching and filtring to reduce UI lags (or buy a better computer :p)

Hi

It is a known issue that has been fixed in the WIP version... stay tuned.

Not only ambient AA also dont work Ambient artillery, and ambient search lights.

I'll check it out.

Hm... I tried it also with the mission gear.test.Stratis you packed with the download. So to speak it´s in every mission I tried.

Well it is time:

R6 is here - enjoy ;)

Download Link - MP Mission version - Stratis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk1makz2q2vnfpn/mcc_sandbox.Stratis.pbo

Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d25xly1ln63dgd6/mcc_sandbox.altis.pbo

Download Link - MP/SP Mod version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

Download Link - Template mission:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/436ndcbiepq820u/sample%20missions.rar

Change log r6:

Zeus:

- Added: Change object name, Init line and MCC's init presets are now availabe in Zeus when editing a unit.

- Added: Save to SQM will save Zeus or MCC Mission Wizard objectives (the zeus sector and attack defends objectives not included).

- Changed: Traps, IED, suicide bombers, armed civilians and ambushes will be under Zeus control and can be edited and moved and saved/loaded after they have been edited.

UI:

- Added: Set MCC keys from the login menu - for players who are not the mission maker.

- Added: Two more levels of terrain detail (grass).

- Added: Terrain detail and view distance preferences will be saved to user profile automatically.

Mission Wizard:

- Added: Mission Wizard presets will be saved to profile name.

- Added: Mission Wizards will completely save including objectives reinforcment exc, objectives can be edited by Zeus in game.

- Added: You can now select the civilians faction in Mission Wizard.

- Added: Animal spawning in Mission Wizard.

- Changed: MCC Mission Wizard objectives added: "Destroy Vehicle","Destroy AA", "Destroy Artillery", "Destroy Weapon Cahce", "Destroy Fuel Depot", "Destroy Radar/Radio",

Engine:

- Changed: Zones can be loaded changed and re-saved again and again.

- Changed: By default MCC keys will be:

- Open MCC: Ctrl + Delete

- Open MCC Console: Ctrl + End

- Teleport 2 Team: Alt + T

- Changed: Presets are defined by object type.

Misc:

- Added: Armed civilians will patrol the area and be much more aggressive also they now have SMG.

- Added: 3D editor preset - "Add Cargo Units" will populate the vehicle cargo with units from the vehicle's faction.

Bug Fix:

- Fixed: Remove some of the load in 3D editor to save CPU.

- Fixed: MCC will not show group's markers while they are in another group's vehicle (so you can set troops unload).

- Fixed: Failing the mission if enabling roles.

- Fixed: Groups respawn after loading a mission.

- Fixed: Zeus respawn template makes AI hostile to player.

- Fixed: Supply drop for ammoboxes was buggy.

- Fixed: Karts and karts drivers spawns in garrison and mission wizard.

- Fixed: Cargo system didn't actually clear the box cargo when "Clear" pressed.

- Fixed: Hidden IED auto reveal for the mission maker side.

I've tested it in local and dedicated server it did worked for me. Care to give more details on how and where did you test it?

Hm... I tried it also with the mission gear.test.Stratis you packed with the download. So to speak it´s in every mission I tried.

Well i've tried last night adding the code below to an init.sqf file for a mission I did. I've used MCC mod and when I spawned the VAS box the box didn't have any rifles but the one that define here.

So I can confirm it is working, was t

switch(playerSide) do
{
	//Blufor
	case west:
	{
		vas_weapons = ["srifle_EBR_F","arifle_MX_GL_F"];
		vas_items = ["muzzle_snds_H","muzzle_snds_B","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_snds_H_MG"]; //Removes suppressors from VAS
		vas_goggles = ["G_Diving"]; //Remove diving goggles from VAS
	};
	//Opfor
	case west:
	{
		vas_weapons = ["srifle_EBR_F","arifle_MX_GL_F"];
		vas_items = ["muzzle_snds_H","muzzle_snds_B","muzzle_snds_L","muzzle_snds_H_MG"]; //Removes suppressors from VAS
		vas_goggles = ["G_Diving"]; //Remove diving goggles from VAS
	};
};

Thanks for update.Finnaly my ammo can drop safetly...its the little things ;)