shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hi Serjames - thanks for your reaction will have a better look over the next coming few days and let you know - season greetings (to all MCC users of course)

@Spoor - what is not working - please can you be more specific ?

I'm running @A3MP and using MCC fine ?

SJ

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:26 ----------

@Shay - can't wait .. season greetings

:D

This is very exciting news.

Is anyone getting this error: no entry "bin\configbin\mcc_sandbox/mcc_factionCombo.ComboScrollbar"?

I thought I was using an outdated version of MCC, so I downloaded it again and re-stalled, but the error's still there.

I have MCC installed, and it opens with the game, even appearing in the "expansions" tab. I created a new LAN Multiplayer match, using the MCC template mission. Once I'm in the game, nothing is available in the mouse wheel window except changing weapons. I really have no idea what else to do. Any suggestions?

Sorry for the noob question, but I have rented a dedicated server, Installed MCC and a couple of other mods and they seem to work fine. But how do I start an empty mission like the mcc template mission on the server? I just want to start with an empty map and use MCC.

Sorry for the noob question, but I have rented a dedicated server, Installed MCC and a couple of other mods and they seem to work fine. But how do I start an empty mission like the mcc template mission on the server? I just want to start with an empty map and use MCC.

The Template Mission is embedded in the addon by config file. So login as admin (#admin <password>) then select missions (#missions).

the only solution to run that you post

my init

if (!isServer && isNull player) then {isJIP=true;} else {isJIP=false;};
       // Wait until player is initialized
if (!isDedicated) then
{
	waitUntil {!isNull player && isPlayer player};
	waituntil {Player == Player};
};
/*waitUntil {(getPlayerUID player) != ""};
_uid = getPlayerUID player;
_namesList = ["1234","45678"];*/

_Reserved=["Dave","Sam"];
_PlayerName = name Player;
if (!isnil "mcc_actionInedx") then { hint "Welcome"; } else {
														if ((_PlayerName in _Reserved)) then {hint "Welcome Mcc Admin";} 
															else {hint"Mcc Disabled"; sleep 1; player removeAction mcc_actionInedx; };
														};// this works but i dont know if is the right way

with this , if you have mcc and you r not in the list, then mcc is off ... this is ok but, if you dont have mcc, you get error if you r not in the list, because the script ignore the --if (!isnil "mcc_actionInedx") then { hint "Welcome"; }-- command somehow and continue on --else {hint"Mcc Disabled"; sleep 1; player removeAction mcc_actionInedx; };-- command ....... in other hand, if you are in the list , you get the {hint "Welcome Mcc Admin";}

no luck at all with UID's . i v tried many combinations but i cant get nothing as return for UID

all the tests made in game editor...... not tested on server ....

edit: if you put only this in init.sqf

if (!isnil "mcc_actionInedx") then { hint "true"; } else {hint"false";};

and preview the mission , you will see that you get FALSE as return. If you press the ESC key and run the same command from the Debug console , you will see that now you get TRUE as return....... so i think that the init is not the right place to put this command . maybe this help for the solution.........

Working perfect with this setup...

make file mcc.sqf

if (!isServer && isNull player) then {isJIP=true;} else {isJIP=false;};
       // Wait until player is initialized
if (!isDedicated) then
{
	waitUntil {!isNull player && isPlayer player};
	waituntil {Player == Player};
};

_Reserved=["Dave","Sam"];
//if (!isnil "mcc_actionInedx") then { hint "true"; } else {hint"false";}; // for debug
if (!isnil "mcc_actionInedx") then {if ((_PlayerName in _Reserved)) then {hint "Welcome Mcc Admin";} 
								};

in editor put a trigger type none, activation none, 0 0 0 and on condition put

alive player

, and on act

nul=[] execVM "mcc.sqf";

i tested with this way the UID's... not working.... why...

Sorry to bring that up again but:

I looked for a solution to the last post from dragonsyr and haven't found any.

I still don't know how to restrict access in my mission version using player UID, did anyone get it to work ?

Edited by yenene

Is anyone getting this error: no entry "bin\configbin\mcc_sandbox/mcc_factionCombo.ComboScrollbar"?

I thought I was using an outdated version of MCC, so I downloaded it again and re-stalled, but the error's still there.

It might been. It looks like BIS added some more classes I've fixed it. Release soon.

I have MCC installed, and it opens with the game, even appearing in the "expansions" tab. I created a new LAN Multiplayer match, using the MCC template mission. Once I'm in the game, nothing is available in the mouse wheel window except changing weapons. I really have no idea what else to do. Any suggestions?

If you are running MCC mod and you don't get the action menu you should install and run CBA before MCC mod.

Sorry to bring that up again but:

I looked for a solution to the last post from dragonsyr and haven't found any.

I still don't know how to restrict access in my mission version using player UID, did anyone get it to work ?

Guys I need your opinions I was thinking about making MCC disabled for all but to the server admin. And to have the option for the admin to grant access to MCC to other players.... what do you think?

Guys I need your opinions I was thinking about making MCC disabled for all but to the server admin. And to have the option for the admin to grant access to MCC to other players.... what do you think?

Yeah, that will be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by shay_gman View Post

Would love having that option

Seems the right way to do it imo.

@Spoor - what is not working - please can you be more specific ?

I'm running @A3MP and using MCC fine ?

SJ

Hi again, cant see Factions and classes - any idea whats wrong on my side ?? - thanks

Hmm I noticed sometimes the Spawn drop downs can get stuck or take a while to filter - I've always managed to clear that by logging out and logging back in ?

Would be really nice !

I'm working on a Dead Nation server with MCC included in mission and that would be a great help. I didn't say it earlier but you are doing an awsome job on this sandbox, imho it's the one feature that makes Arma series so good!

Btw I've found a workaround to allow only listed UID players on the server:

at the end of my ini.sqf:

[] execVM "login.sqf";

inside login.sqf file:

waituntil {!alive player ; !isnull (finddisplay 46)};
if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["1234","5678"]) then {
sleep 2; hint "Welcome Mcc Admin";} 
                                                           };

Works for servers only and tested with mission version of MCC

with Uid's not working for me . instead of uid , you can try this

_Reserved=["DragonSyr","yenene"];
if (!isnil "mcc_actionInedx") then {if ((_PlayerName in _Reserved)) then {hint "Welcome Mcc Admin";} 
        };

this way working fine for me...

Edited by dragonsyr

So players shall just join with name DragonSyr or yenene to get acces ?? - Not good enough.

with Uid's not working for me .

Dragonsyr, did you try my UID recognition on dedicated server or just from Editor ?

Because from editor it won't work but when I run it on my server: no problem, it works fine.

So

};

Should work for anyone using mission version on a server.

Edited by yenene

Great Idea! Go for it! This way it would be easy to get the mod version going on the server. We didn't even try with UID after reading that someone couldn't do it...

Great Idea! Go for it! This way it would be easy to get the mod version going on the server. We didn't even try with UID after reading that someone couldn't do it...

Once again:

};  

Works just fine on my Dead Nation +MCC mission custom server, it just won't work from the Editor because you don't have the server running online.

I haven't heard from anyone else that tried it so I still might be wrong.

Please if anyone give it a try, just let me know if you still have UID problems ;)

I think you misunderstand me. We didn't even try, because we would like to use mcc as an addon (mod) without any mumbo jumbo scripting thing, on selected missions. That's why i would be happy to see the mod working only for admins, who can pass on the rights. I know this way it's a bit more problematic to handle, but we would love this as an option. Anyway, thanks for trying to help me out ;)

@ kelemenlajos ,,,

but i think you can do that with the use of an mcc Access Rights module

Once the Access Rights module placed only the admins or players or units predefined in the module will have access to MCC. If the module is absent all player will have access to MCC although only on can by logged in (as the DM) at a time.

if you leave the module as it is (without init) then only the admin have access..

'm wrong?

To those of you so anxious to have MCC for admin only:

What context are people logging into MCC with that you can't control? MCC says when someone logs in, so it's extremely simple to punish or ban someone for using MCC when they're not supposed to. There are already plenty of ways to restrict MCC to certain slots or even certain player IDs. Requiring MCC to have the admin logged in could create a lot of issues.

That said:

Shay, is there a way you can make it so that the person logged in as admin can force logout the MCC controller? There have been a lot of times in our games where the MCC controller disconnects from the server but is still logged in to MCC, and noone can log him out. In ArmA 2, there was a "cheat" for this, and you could hit the refresh button then quickly tap the logout button and it would log them out, but you can't do that in A3.

Additionally, I have a couple of suggestions from my unit for MCC:

1. A visual indicator of the current number of groups per faction so you know when you are close to the limit.

2. An option that limits the number of groups it allows you to have to 143, thus never letting you hit the 144 barrier, you can then delete units and spawn new ones in.

Hi everyone, but especially shay_gman,

first of all congratulations and thank you very much to shay_gman and all the people that contributed to the MCC mod, it's quite quite amazing, easy to use and lots of fun.

So, I have a very simple question actually (for Arma 3):

I am trying to make the barebones of a mission with the mission editor and then complete the mission with MCC (kind of what Jester184 does for the 15th MEU), ie, I'd like to generate the spawn points and playable units with the mission editor, save the mission and then, while playing that mission, have the MCC mission generation console available to me for adding more AI, patrols, convoys and such.

I have tried the following and none of it has worked:

- subscribing to the MCC mods for Altis and Stratis via the Steam Workshop. In this case, there is no Module (F7) for MCC that I can add within the editor, and the MCC Sandbox missions are the only ones in which the option - Mission Editor -is available in the action menu within the mission.

- downloading MCC as a mod (from Armaholic). In this case, the MCC modules are availabe in the editor. However, after I create the mission I do not have the - Mission Editor - option in the action menu. I have tried creating the mission with and without MCC modules, with and without the "this setvariable ["names..." initialization of the modules and finally with and without syncing the MCC modules to my player.

Just to clarify: I want to run the missions in Multiplayer with me (or a friend) as a host, with me as MCC only admin, but not on a dedicated server.

A second question would be: is it possible to save a mission created with MCC as a mission that was just created by the editor (i.e, create a .pbo file from it)?

Ok, that's it. Thanks a lot in advance for your help and keep up the astounding job!

Best,

doktorflan.