Sign in to follow this  
Sadico

Eviscerator & colorcharger's tornado

One more quick thing I mentioned in a previous topic: Is there absolutely NO way of making the AI perform evasive/tight manoeuvres in a dogfight situation? Is it really true that the OFP engine doesn't support it?

Hm....i would just like to thank cc for taking the trouble of taking the cockpit model off my mig-29, which i dont know how he got, probably from a friend i showed the cockpit to, and just changing it to somehow to look more "tornadoish".

Good work cc smile.gif

or shall we say MC modelchanger

here is a comparison:

my mig cockpit -

migcockpit.JPG

mc's cockpit -

tornadocockpit.JPG

seems that he has only changed some stuff, added some supports, ect.

Well all that said i still think its a bloddy sweet addon the textures are really nice they fit into ofp well. Infact i love the whole thing except. It Just needs some decent sounds because the old generic jet engine sound is or shoud be dead and buried same for goes for the cannon.

still great work from all the addon makers all i know is that i wouldnt have the time or patcience to do any of these great addons keep up the good work lads.

scorpio..good work on the cockpit..its awesome..and G8, good work onthe tornado..its the best addon ever made for OFP...its even better than the A-10.

the texture work is just awesome.

cheers

Anyone having problems with the landing auto pilot with the Tornado besides me?

I dont care if it has auto land or not I never use it. The plane looks almost to good on the paint. Makes it stand out from everything else. Also the lights dont come on in the cockpit at night. I cant wait till they fix the JP.223 so that the AI will fire it. I would say its going to be hell to try and get away from them. Oh yeah is there any way you could make the tires go into a blur when it moves? Maybe this would make it seem like they turn because with the white letters on them you really notice that they dont.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ July 17 2002,00:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hm....i would just like to thank cc for taking the trouble of taking the cockpit model off my mig-29<span id='postcolor'>

*cough* and where did you get your cockpit model? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R71 @ July 17 2002,05:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont care if it has auto land or not I never use it. The plane looks almost to good on the paint. Makes it stand out from everything else. Also the lights dont come on in the cockpit at night. I cant wait till they fix the JP.223 so that the AI will fire it. I would say its going to be hell to try and get away from them. Oh yeah is there any way you could make the tires go into a blur when it moves? Maybe this would make it seem like they turn because with the white letters on them you really notice that they dont.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, but I and I am sure others new to the game have a hard time landing without killing ourselves so it would be nice if it worked. Maybe it's just me but I prefer a plane that works well to one that may not look so good with respect to textures.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ July 17 2002,05:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ July 17 2002,00:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hm....i would just like to thank cc for taking the trouble of taking the cockpit model off my mig-29<span id='postcolor'>

*cough* and where did you get your cockpit model? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ROFL @ Scorpio

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ July 17 2002,05:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*cough* and where did you get your cockpit model? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

made it of course...you cannot buy or find any cockpit models on the net.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ July 17 2002,11:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ July 17 2002,05:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*cough* and where did you get your cockpit model? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

made it of course...you cannot buy or find any cockpit models on the net.<span id='postcolor'>

Looks amazingly similar to this one:

thingypit.gif

it can be downloaded from my addons page at http://ofp.kege.cjb.net or from many other OFP sites which have unofficial addons for download tounge.gif

yeah its made from kegs cockpit model

keg makes a plane all people start making planes LOL

keg makes a gun all start making a gun

hehe weird tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ July 17 2002,11:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah its made from kegs cockpit model

hehe weird  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

In that case.... Keg please make a Harley Davidson motorcycle with saddlebags! Hehehe...

No doubt he's the top addon maker for OFP right now. What I like about his addons is that they are never half-assed. Like his AGS-17....I was prepared to be very disappointed but absolutely delighted to see that he indeed made it not only look like the real thing (photo-realistic quality) but actually fire like the real thing. It was just brilliant! Same with his revolver's...even the cylinder rotates on the revolvers which is just amazing (it's noticeable especially when you are reloading).

I'm sure he'll surprise us with more breath taking addons. smile.gif

At least with Keg, even if you they're not addons you wanted, you can count on the fact that his addons will be high quality addons and that they will be fun addons.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ July 17 2002,17:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ July 17 2002,11:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah its made from kegs cockpit model

hehe weird  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

In that case.... Keg please make a Harley Davidson motorcycle with saddlebags!  Hehehe...

No doubt he's the top addon maker for OFP right now.  What I like about his addons is that they are never half-assed.  Like his AGS-17....I was prepared to be very disappointed but absolutely delighted to see that he indeed made it not only look like the real thing (photo-realistic quality) but actually fire like the real thing.  It was just brilliant!  Same with his revolver's...even the cylinder rotates on the revolvers which is just amazing (it's noticeable especially when you are reloading).

I'm sure he'll surprise us with more breath taking addons.  smile.gif

At least with Keg, even if you they're not addons you wanted, you can count on the fact that his addons will be high quality addons and that they will be fun addons.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

true, true, Keg is my favourite addon maker too, he is so professional, I wount be marvelled if bis involves him in the development of ofp2.....

Not to rain on Keg's parade, but I think that Eviscerator and Col. Klink make pretty good mods too. They're definately the ruling triumvirate of the OFP modding community.

Has anyone else noticed that the Tornado flies really well? I have no problem flying it at all. When I fly any other plane, though, I almost always crash. Did you guys do something to the physics to make it more flyable?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ July 18 2002,04:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Has anyone else noticed that the Tornado flies really well? I have no problem flying it at all. When I fly any other plane, though, I almost always crash. Did you guys do something to the physics to make it more flyable?<span id='postcolor'>

I agree. I don't like how they screwed Evi on his model by making him do that work for nothing, but I have to admit that their plane flies better then any other aircraft in the game I think. It's super maneuverable, responds well, and doesn't spin out of control easily like many other aircraft addons. Plus it's very fast but not too fast and the AI flys them quite low.

Whatever they did, I hope Evi's RAF Tornado version emulates those flight characteristics....and puts in a proper JP.233 model as the one on the G8 addon is actually a MW-1 submunition dispenser.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ July 18 2002,04:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not to rain on Keg's parade, but I think that Eviscerator and Col. Klink make pretty good mods too. They're definately the ruling triumvirate of the OFP modding community.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't forget Adammo's Little Bird helicopters. smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles Teg where can i get those helicopters you just mentioned?

Here are a few bugs in the tornado:

1. Cockpit lights

2. AI not using bomblets

3. Wheels can be tucked and you can still move the plane around on the runway

4. Canon sounds like a Clothes Dryer

5. Autopilot needs to work as i am not the best at landing a plane. And dont say "Who cares just learn to land it properly", because it IS a bug and it NEEDS to be adressed. If it can be fixed then why not fix it? No use having a half done plane.

Good job on the plane, loved it. Also when i try to start the player in the plane it exits flashpoint and says im missing some sort of Pilot addon. where can i find this addon?

Like i said, the plane kicks ass. Love it! Fuckin Love it!

Wasn't the cannon sound from the F-16 Falcon, which was from Falcon 4.0?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Miles Teg where can i get those helicopters you just mentioned?<span id='postcolor'>

Look here: http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.p....63.news

Needs OFP: Resistance to work though.

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LoneSoldier @ July 18 2002,09:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3. Wheels can be tucked and you can still move the plane around on the runway<span id='postcolor'>

It's not a bug of a plane. It's a bug of Resistace. All planes can land on the broken wheels.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LoneSoldier @ July 18 2002,09:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Miles Teg where can i get those helicopters you just mentioned?

Here are a few bugs in the tornado:

1. Cockpit lights

2. AI not using bomblets

3. Wheels can be tucked and you can still move the plane around on the runway

4. Canon sounds like a Clothes Dryer

5. Autopilot needs to work as i am not the best at landing a plane. And dont say "Who cares just learn to land it properly", because it IS a bug and it NEEDS to be adressed. If it can be fixed then why not fix it? No use having a half done plane.

Good job on the plane, loved it. Also when i try to start the player in the plane it exits flashpoint and says im missing some sort of Pilot addon. where can i find this addon?

Like i said, the plane kicks ass. Love it! Fuckin Love it!<span id='postcolor'>

The Little Birds can be downloaded at:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?newlang=eng

As for the Tornado, I have to mention that the cannon sound is VERY VERY realistic for a gattling gun like the one on the F16 aircraft. Few people outside of the military have had the pleasure (or displeasure) of hearing such an aircraft attacking ground targets with it's cannon. The A-10 has an even more annoying sound with it's massive 30mm gattling gun. I call it the "Elephant fart" sound. smile.gif I've heard them many times at Ft. Hood, Texas and at Ft. Leanorwood, Missouri.

However... someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Tornado uses a gattling type gun. If it does, then the sound is indeed accurate. If it doesn't then yeah another sound should be used... but good luck finding any good sounds of a Tornado's cannon anywhere (I think it's a Mauser auto cannon if I remember correctly). But overall I actually like the cannon sound quite a bit because it sounds like the cannons used on most fighter aircraft in real life.

I wish BIS had used this sound on their A-10's and on their Vulcan Air defense tanks.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>