Sign in to follow this  
Sadico

Eviscerator & colorcharger's tornado

yep he decided to use another model, and i have no idea why, there was nothing wrong with my model i suppose he just wanted to have it as solely his addon :/

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ July 16 2002,02:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">from the readme

NOTE: model derived from a freeware 3D-Studio file.

(not that anyone of comes popping up: "ah! this dude didn't do the model himself",

before doing that read the sentence again: derived from a freeware 3D-Studio model!wink.gif

ok, i see, this will happen anyway.. sad.gif

where is the credit to evis?  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It seems he also ripped the cockpit model from my Hawky (Many planes seem to do that) mad.gif

I wonder when people learn to do their own models instead of copying other peoples work without asking permission first or giving credit... Kindof sucks when all the planes out there have the same looking cockpit, especially when only one of them is even a bit realistic (Guess which one wink.gif )

I second that Keg, it seems that people think that copying a cockpit model doesn't count as ripping off work, because it's really only a LOD. Making a decent cockpit model is a lot of work, especially getting the textures that are not always easily available. All this work is nicked without the smallest effort to message the owner. It's dispicable.

In a perfect world, people who have done this shouldn't be granted sites to host their "work", and thus not get the satisfaction of people downloading their addon, not to mention taking credit and praise for a good addon. But people want a new addon, no matter how it was made or who it was ripped from.

Addon makers: Don't be afraid to ask, most likely you will get permission to use someones model, given credit and everyone is happy.

Konyak

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 16 2002,06:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The submunitions dispenser is very good.<span id='postcolor'>

Except that the AI can't use it. Which is very very bad. sad.gif

There is a Su-25 addon that has submunitions which works much better as the AI can actually use it. They should have used that script or a modified version of it. sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ July 16 2002,09:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is the real life MW-1 submunition dispenser capable of only firing one bomblet at the time?? i thought that they shot all of them at once or maybe over 3 to 4 shots, but not they only triggered 1 at a time.<span id='postcolor'>

No the addon fires multiple bomblets. But you have to hold the mousebutton or trigger down. In other words in the addon it fires off the bomblets like a machine gun. Not as realistic as the real life dispenser, but it's a lot funner to fire it that way you don't use it all up in one pass and you can attack several times if you miss the target the first time or if your submunitions didn't destroy everything.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

hi people!

few things that are to be talked about....

1. sorry to you kegetys! it should have been mentioned that the cockpit is made from your hawk one. i simply forgot to write it into the readme (as i did with that damn pilot.pbo ...)

there is no REAL need to make a new cockpit any time, i changed in a number of ways to make it tornadoish.

i used for my amx, and it was there, quite simply. saved a lot of time. sorry for not mentioning it. will do that asap.

2. eviscerators model.. you havn't been informed? ok sorry to that also. i've taken another model cause this one is just better that the one you supplied, with which I DONT WANT TO SPEAK AGAINST YOU, ok?!!! yours is also good, and if i wouldn't have found this one by chance i would have taken yours. this model is better, so i took that one. nothing to do with who gets credit or anything. nothing.

3. folding wings: i had done this in an earlier version, and if you look at the fotos of the old one you'll see that with folded wings there are no weapon on them, also!

the weapons and der hardpoint won't move with the wing and hang in the air. the flashpoint engine doesn't support this (or atleast oxygenlight doesnt maybe later or so don't know)

this is the reason the release version has no folding wings!

they are easy to do, but a bit pointless, apart from the fun to see the wings go forward and backward smile.gif

bye.

colorchanger.

so basically i get asked to do a model and spend days making it, then a few days before its released while im being told you are coding my model and it should be finished soon you decide to change it, then i get told about an hour before the release that you arent using my model, how nice of you

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ July 16 2002,09:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I downloaded the f-16 and extracted the pilot and f-16 pbo and my ofp:r still crashes to the desktop without any error.<span id='postcolor'>

Once I had the pilot pbo my crashes stopped but I still get an addon error when launching the map. Everything still works fine including the Tornado. Maybe your pilot pbo is corrupted some how. Try extracing again after a fresh download.

You have to put the ITA_PILOT pbo in your OperationFlashpoint/Addons, instead of Res/Addons.

You might as well put it in both. smile.gif

its been proven over and over, how can anyone argue with me anymore? Oxygen was given to the wrong people. i mean come on, about 90% of the people that got oxygen decided to be a bunch of lazy assed bums when it came to releasing modeling. HOW CAN YOU CALL THIS YOUR OWN AIRPLANE COLORCHANGER!??!!? YOU SHOULD NOT BE TAKING ANY CREDIT FOR IT. Its a friggen free model made from some other guy no one has heard of. How about you do the OFP community a favor, and don't screw us over some nobody who made a nicer model.

I would've been more impressed if eviscerators model was used, now all i know is that i'm flying a free model found on the internet. Hardly any talent involved.

I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who's digusted with the way you treated eviscerator, he's got talent, you don't. All you have is oxygen, thats it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ July 16 2002,14:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Kindof sucks when all the planes out there have the same looking cockpit,<span id='postcolor'>

Which is why i am taking the time to make a better cockpit for the mig, because the hawk cockpit is very blurry....joke. wink.gif

I don't know why people make the planes the same cockpit as the hawk...its damn right dumb actually...if you compare the real-life amx cockpit to the hawk cockpit, you will see that they look nothing like eachother. But then again, not a lot of people have seen an amx cockpit, so it doesnt really matter. biggrin.gif

...where is that smily here that means that i f*rt in your face SNAKE...

mmmmmhhh...

DO YOUR OWN F*CK*NG ADDON FROM SCRATCH IF YOU WANT AND COME AGAIN, STRONZO!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (VerySolidSnake @ July 16 2002,16:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">its been proven over and over, how can anyone argue with me anymore? Oxygen was given to the wrong people. i mean come on, about 90% of the people that got oxygen decided to be a bunch of lazy assed bums when it came to releasing modeling. HOW CAN YOU CALL THIS YOUR OWN AIRPLANE COLORCHANGER!??!!? YOU SHOULD NOT BE TAKING ANY CREDIT FOR IT. Its a friggen free model made from some other guy no one has heard of. How about you do the OFP community a favor, and don't screw us over some nobody who made a nicer model.

I would've been more impressed if eviscerators model was used, now all i know is that i'm flying a free model found on the internet. Hardly any talent involved.

I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who's digusted with the way you treated eviscerator, he's got talent, you don't. All you have is oxygen, thats it.<span id='postcolor'>

I totally agree Snake, but i just wanted to point out that it is very very hard to import models into ofp through oxygen. The model may be found somewhere else (probably on the net) but there is talent in the textures and importing.

But Evis has a whole lot of talent, and i looked at both models - Evis's and the model in the G8 Tornado.

They both look nearly the same, and Evis's model was much better than the current one, just the nose was a bit screwed but that could of easily been fixed. If i was colourchanger, i would of used Evis's model.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ July 16 2002,16:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You have to put the ITA_PILOT pbo in your OperationFlashpoint/Addons, instead of Res/Addons.

You might as well put it in both. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I did that, even put it in the both addon folders though I am told I shouldn't have to. Do you not get this missing addon error? I assumed that it was something in the cpp. Like version number listed for 1.46 and not 1.75.

Hey Evis,Come and join our team.We wont do you wrong.I treat everyone right.What do ya say?It will be fun.And you said you wanted a RAF Tornado.This would be great for our mod.So give me an email at NZXSHADOWS@hotmail.com.You would be making a wise choice because I dont have much of a team yet.But the ones that are on the team are good people.

ehh i just tested the bomblets version... it seems that the ai only fires the AIM9 at the vehicles and fire the cannon and dosen use the mini bombs???

PLS fix if bug

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NZXSHADOWS @ July 16 2002,11:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey Evis,Come and join our team.We wont do you wrong.I treat everyone right.What do ya say?It will be fun.And you said you wanted a RAF Tornado.This would be great for our mod.So give me an email at NZXSHADOWS@hotmail.com.You would be making a wise choice because I dont have much of a team yet.But the ones that are on the team are good people.<span id='postcolor'>

It is common to include a space after any punctuation, shadow

Thank ye kindly smile.gif [sorry for the outburst, but my PC was excrutiatingly slow, and whenever I see a new addon specially one like this - I want it there and then wink.gif ]

Works now. They have Keg's revolver pack headlining right now. biggrin.gif

Oh... my... God...!!! THAT... thing... is the best addon ever made for this glorious game! It's SICK! Sick as in unbelievable - meaty, mean, juicy, packs a wallop ~~slap, bang~~ wow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gif Whoever ACTUALLY made it - good work, indeed. wink.gif