Sign in to follow this  
Sadico

Eviscerator & colorcharger's tornado

Nope, i can't be sure. But i sure hope it is released today!

Marvelous. Now all someone needs to do is get permission to reskin it as an RAF Panvia Tornado.

I mean Italian? Does it have the special ability to change sides half way through the mission.

BTW VERY NICE WORK G8 LADS. Although the real life aircraft sucks, this one looks an absolutey beast.

If im correct i remember saying that they would make an english version as well

ooooo, i want to blow up everything with this :-D

I see that the G8 team decided to use the German MW-1 submunitions dispenser instead of the JP-233.   That's actually cool cuz the MW-1 looks a lot meaner looking I think while the JP-233 just looks like a fuel tank.  smile.gif

I just hope they do the bomblet scripting correctly because apparently the G8 team decided to use someone else to do the weapons scripts then who originally was supposed to...something that was either the result of a miscommunication between Eviscerator and the G8 MOD team or because they're jerks who just didn't bother to notify my friend about the change in plans.  The person supposed to do the weapons scripts is one of my friends and he worked damn hard to get it right and was just waiting for the Tornado model so he could make the final adjustments to the cpp scripting.  Then suddenly we see this about the Tornado about to be released.   People working in teams on addons SERIOUSLY need to communicate better with each other cuz right now everyone is doing their own thing within the groups it seems.  That's pretty crappy having someone volunteer to do a bunch of hard work for nothing.  But hopefully it was just a simple miscommunication between Evi and Colorchanger.

At any rate, I hope they did the MW-1 submunitions script correctly and not all half-assed.  The best I've seen so far was the Su-25 "bomblet" addon at the OFP editing center.

If they used that script or one very much like it then it will be I think one of the best fighter aircraft addons ever made because not only does the AI use the Su-25 bomblet aircraft really well, but it's also incredibly fun to use as a player. smile.gif

But anyways I hope Evi or one of the G8 members can clear up what the deal is with the weapons scripting.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Downloading it now. Good job Eviscerator and colorcharger. Keep it up.

from the readme

NOTE: model derived from a freeware 3D-Studio file.

(not that anyone of comes popping up: "ah! this dude didn't do the model himself",

before doing that read the sentence again: derived from a freeware 3D-Studio model!wink.gif

ok, i see, this will happen anyway.. sad.gif

where is the credit to evis?  mad.gif

The pilot pbo file appears to be missing from the zip - all there was was the plane pbo, the readme and four screenies. Is there a separate download or have I missed something? confused.gif

there is no credit to me as they changed the model at the last minute which im pretty pissed about, theyve used a free model by the looks of it, ill be using my model to make an raf version so no hard work lost miles

Okay I just downloaded the F16 and that has the pilot pbo in it, but this pbo really should be in the Tornado zip too.

Great addon. The different weapon loads add variety and pretty much represent all the Tornado's potential roles in the game. Flight model feels right - not as agile as the F16 but faster than the A10. Two things you might want to look at:

-the autolanding doesn't work on Nogova - it sends the plane straight into one of the hangers every time. Haven't tested Everon

-the AI doesn't use the cluster bomblets. It fires all its sidewinders at armour and then just circles and usually ends up crashing after a cannon strafing run

Apart from that, this really is a quality addon. Well done. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ July 16 2002,01:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The pilot pbo file appears to be missing from the zip - all there was was the plane pbo, the readme and four screenies. Is there a separate download or have I missed something?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I think the missing pilot pbo file is the reason using this addon crashes OFP:R to the desktop when you use it in certain types of missions. I like to take the opposing side of an addon so I can see it in action. When I do, it crashes to the desktop with an "invalid crew" error. Try it yourself. Place yourself as an East soldier and put one or two in to attack you. See if it crashes for you also.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cutter @ July 16 2002,04:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ July 16 2002,01:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The pilot pbo file appears to be missing from the zip - all there was was the plane pbo, the readme and four screenies. Is there a separate download or have I missed something?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I think the missing pilot pbo file is the reason using this addon crashes OFP:R to the desktop when you use it in certain types of missions. I like to take the opposing side of an addon so I can see it in action. When I do, it crashes to the desktop with an "invalid crew" error. Try it yourself. Place yourself as an East soldier and put one or two in to attack you. See if it crashes for you also.<span id='postcolor'>

You need the pilot, which is in the F-16 zip.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ July 16 2002,02:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">there is no credit to me as they changed the model at the last minute which im pretty pissed about, theyve used a free model by the looks of it, ill be using my model to make an raf version so no hard work lost miles<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah...my friend who was helping you told me. That sucks bad that they switched suddenlly on you. That's very unprofessional of their MOD team to do something like that.

I thought that from the early screenshots that your model looked really good.

I notice that they didn't make the wings move on their tornado. sad.gif I guess they couldn't figure out how to make the missle hardpoints move as well so that they'd stay pointing straight as the wings moved. Their addon looks excellent and has the best handling I've ever experienced on any figher, but it sucks really badly that the AI won't fire the sub-munitions. I was lookinng forward to seeing it in action because when you're flying you can't see the big swath of destruction that you leave behind as there is no rear view. sad.gif I know that it is possible to make a very good submunition script that the AI will use because the Su-25 bomblet addon that somebody made a while back works extremely well and the AI use it perfectly. It's actually quite impressive to watch from the ground as they attack and the damage levels are set just right.

Oh...another thing. The G8 guys called their submunitions dispenser a JP233 which is incorrect. The one on their Tornado is actually the German MW-1 submunitions dispenser.

Their tornado also happily shoots sidewinder missles at ground targets. smile.gif

But overall their addon is good...but it's sad they couldn't make it perfect (or alot closer to being perfect). I hope that your RAF Tornado does everything that they did right, but then corrects everything that they did wrong (and takes out that damn italian pilot).

Oh...also one thing. PLEEEEASE don't make your addon a single MASSIVE Pbo file like they did. That pisses me off because I don't want to use all of their aircraft. I just wanted the ground attack aircraft and it pisses me off that they force me to use all of them and take up valuable memory because as you know all of the addons are loaded up into memory. I've already cleared out everything but the most essential addons that I use for missions. However I'm running out of memory quickly and huge addons like theirs just pisses me off when it could have been divided up into individual addons that a person can choose from. Those addons could have all be included in one ZIP file. I hope that you make yours like that...sorta like the A4 Skyhawk model which has seperate Pbo's for the AA and the rocket version. If you've already made most of it and it's too late to do that, then oh well...but if it's not too late, that would be much appreciated by those of us that only have 256megs of RAM in our systems.

Anyways keep up the great work Evis and I hope that your RAF Tornado kicks major ass over the G8 Tornado!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 16 2002,05:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cutter @ July 16 2002,04:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ July 16 2002,01:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The pilot pbo file appears to be missing from the zip - all there was was the plane pbo, the readme and four screenies. Is there a separate download or have I missed something?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I think the missing pilot pbo file is the reason using this addon crashes OFP:R to the desktop when you use it in certain types of missions. I like to take the opposing side of an addon so I can see it in action. When I do, it crashes to the desktop with an "invalid crew" error. Try it yourself. Place yourself as an East soldier and put one or two in to attack you. See if it crashes for you also.<span id='postcolor'>

You need the pilot, which is in the F-16 zip.<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks, I missed that part of the readme some how. Probably because I was excited after reading about the bomblets. I still get an error that the pilot pbo is missing but at least the game does not crash on me. smile.gif

The Tornado is awesome.I live it.Ive asked for permission to retexture the tornado,And If I dont get the green light I guess Ill make my very own Tornado.But still the Tornado is the best aircraft Ive seen.

Is the real life MW-1 submunition dispenser capable of only firing one bomblet at the time?? i thought that they shot all of them at once or maybe over 3 to 4 shots, but not they only triggered 1 at a time.

mw1.jpg

I downloaded the f-16 and extracted the pilot and f-16 pbo and my ofp:r still crashes to the desktop without any error.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ July 16 2002,02:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">there is no credit to me as they changed the model at the last minute which im pretty pissed about, theyve used a free model by the looks of it, ill be using my model to make an raf version so no hard work lost miles<span id='postcolor'>

I'm confused....are you saying colourchanger used another model, and not used yours?