Sign in to follow this  
Chriss0906

Soldiers appearance. Important!

listen up people. i dont whant a rambo kind of soldier. just an athletic one. a lean muscle one. the ones in arma are way too skinny. the ones in arma if you take all your clothes off.

they look super skinny. they look like if someone whent to their houses and put them in a war without training or anything. i whant to look at my soldier and feel like if he did a good training i whant to see him FIT. with lean muscle. listen. its imposible for a soldier to look that skinny with the hard training they pass trough. i will chose a random picture from google to show you a regular fit body. not over the top, but not skinny neither.

http://www.secretshealthy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Top-5-Lean-Muscle-Supplements.jpg

thats a regular athetic body. i work out and my body is similar to that. soldiers training are super hard. ive seen how they work and its insane thats why the soldiers ive seen look lean and fit.

at least bohemia should add a some weight presets. not height just weight.

I really think this was just a picture on your hard drive, and you posted it here.

By the way, no soldier, sailor or Marine I ever served with looked like that. I've known some gym rats that had show muscle like that.

Such pumped up guys in uniforms began to show up not until the cheap steroid wave in the mid to late 90's. A safe measurement is the average size of BDU that is issued. Does someone have any numbers?

in 1993 I was 20 years old, 72kg weight and 1.82m tall, thats average in germany and I had no real problem to fullfill all nato standard requirements on "A level" in basic traning...and I used to carry a 12kg MG-3 most of the time.

I guess this superhero budibuilder soldier type only grows around Los Angeles with highest concentration in Hollywood.

Edited by Beagle

Such pumped up guys in uniforms began to show up not until the cheap steroid wave in the mid to late 90's. A safe measurement is the average size of BDU that is issued. Does someone have any numbers?

in 1993 I was 20 years old, 72kg weight and 1.82m tall, thats average in germany and I had no real problem to fullfill all nato standard requirements on "A level" in basic traning...and I used to carry a 12kg MG-3 most of the time.

I guess this superhero budibuilder soldier type only grows around Los Angeles with highest concentration in Hollywood.

I don't know about average but my father gave me his woodland BDU's and the blouse (jacket) is-

Height From 67 to 71

Chest from 33 to 37

Stock NO (skip)

Nato Size 7030/8494

I don't know about average but my father gave me his woodland BDU's and the blouse (jacket) is-

Height From 67 to 71

Chest from 33 to 37

Stock NO (skip)

Nato Size 7030/8494

That's what I wear today... 20 Years later ;) 2 sizes larger than it used to be.

the bodels are just fine don't change them (in the future maybe you could add a girl or 2 ... that will be fun to see in a war game)

In a nuclear war / world war be sure that nations will recruite both, skinny and fat soldiers.

http://resources.bisimulations.com/wiki/setBMI

http://resources.bisimulations.com/w/images/thumb/0/05/setBMI.jpg/500px-setBMI.jpg

Would be nice to have a little variation in height and weight (not extremes as it may break\clip most stuff) to distinguish even more team members (taking in consideration that now the costumization is way deeper than anything we had before), but I don't expect to see it.

+1

Would love to see that, some better costumization of the characters... many games have it... (M&B & The Sims for exemple)

Soldiers look perfectly fine.

I think BIS should make a system where everyone's player model is the same height/BMI as they are in real life.

Mesomorphs versus ectomorphs - what was the average build of a Viet Cong or an NVA soldier?

Big. muscular people tend to require more food and water (muscles burn calories even at rest - the more muscle mass the more calories burned at rest). There are also issues with how many can fit into a confined space, like a helo, a sub or or other vehicle. I also bet smaller and lighter men would tend, on the whole to do better over ultra long distances on foot. How many 6' 4", 240 lb elite marathoners or ultra marathoners are there? I think its all about the job that needs to be done. Navy Seals tend to be shock troops wham-bam-thank-you-mam, while SAS are more ghost operators.

Edited by MissionCreep

Wow...

Right the Americans are usually all big lads. But that's about it there's not many body builders in infantry regiments there's guys on Op Massive trying to build T shirt mussels for when they get back but honestly fella.

Most infantry men come in all different size and shapes especially when you have to tab every were so you don't see many massive guys thats not saying there isn't any.

Personally I think there's nothing wrong with the arma troops.

Wow...

Right the Americans are usually all big lads. But that's about it there's not many body builders in infantry regiments there's guys on Op Massive trying to build T shirt mussels for when they get back but honestly fella.

Most infantry men come in all different size and shapes especially when you have to tab every were so you don't see many massive guys thats not saying there isn't any.

Personally I think there's nothing wrong with the arma troops.

And you Brits always have to make this an issue of "you Americans vs the rest of the world", right? No, most American infantrymen aren't very big. Sure, many are around 6 foot, and are pretty average build, but you don't see bodybuilders in the military. Rarely will you see a guy who looks like that. Most are average build, and then some a bit thinner than others, and some a bit thicker than others. As you said, there's many different shapes and sizes. Nothing wrong with the current soldiers, as you said, but please, you don't have to make everything about "the Americans". This has nothing to do with one nation vs another.

It just might have been said before, but A, soldiers are human. Therefore, they look much like other humans, and B, especially when they get to a warzone, at least the front line soldiers, like infantry and such tend to start looking smaller, because they become thinner due to constant physical work, patrols, etc., and worse food, and less of it. The picture of soldiers all being muscular, broad guys is taken from out of cartoons and bad action movies.

Different what? Knee pads? Go play Morrowind, dammit.

Different knee pads don't give you different stats, protection and if you're worrying so much about appearance perhaps you should go play with a doll or something. Besides I doubt the soldiers have much choice.

I don't see too much point in having bigger men either. Implementing soldiers of different sizes would take a lot of work reanimating the guys, remodeling their clothes and would introduce the inconsistency that clothes would change size depending on the wearer!

And naturally it has been proven time and time again that even a child can shoot a gun so I do believe in skinny soldiers.

Soldiers look perfectly fine.

I think BIS should make a system where everyone's player model is the same height/BMI as they are in real life.

LOL,would love to shoot me some short 5ft1 soldiers!!!

To have different heights means different skeletons so all animals flow relatively the same, and lets not forget vehicles . Then you'll run into pvp players complaining about people cheating by making their character as short as possible so that they don't stick up as much, then if you added different builds you'd run into issues of clothing clipping through or floating off bodies...on second thought this feature doesn't sound all that terrific when you think of what else it will effect.

To have different heights means different skeletons so all animals flow relatively the same, and lets not forget vehicles . Then you'll run into pvp players complaining about people cheating by making their character as short as possible so that they don't stick up as much, then if you added different builds you'd run into issues of clothing clipping through or floating off bodies...on second thought this feature doesn't sound all that terrific when you think of what else it will effect.

+1 or think about the amount of work that would take.

I think soldiers in Arma 3 should look like "Swede" Johanson from Heartbreak Ridge. :rolleyes:

Swede, Swede, Swede!

Edit: Yeah, I agree with you...to many problems but I think in MP that would not be a big problem if you make a 1.70m - 1.85m variable

Edited by Babylonjoke

ok. im sorry if i offended anyone. take note that i dont whant the soldiers to look like stripers neither just a little more toned. just a tiny bit more muscle. specially the back and the chest. oh god look at that chest its totally FLAT. thats imposible.

943228880d1307475683-info-arma-3-announced-01f754ce-43909-627x391.jpg

look at the upper back and the chest. the upper back looks like a kid back. and the chests looks really flat. thats one of the main issues i have. they dont look like real soldiers to me exept when they are with his jackets and all there they look good.

but anyways they look good overall i just wish bohemia adds a little weight slider everything its good. other cool thing would be the adititon of knee pads and elbow pads. they would look more tactical and profesional. of course all with an option.

..those elbow- and kneepads are part of the uniform. So they do have them.

ok. im sorry if i offended anyone. take note that i dont whant the soldiers to look like stripers neither just a little more toned. just a tiny bit more muscle. specially the back and the chest. oh god look at that chest its totally FLAT. thats imposible.

http://forum.i3d.net/attachments/main/943228880d1307475683-info-arma-3-announced-01f754ce-43909-627x391.jpg

look at the upper back and the chest. the upper back looks like a kid back. and the chests looks really flat. thats one of the main issues i have. they dont look like real soldiers to me exept when they are with his jackets and all there they look good.

but anyways they look good overall i just wish bohemia adds a little weight slider everything its good. other cool thing would be the adititon of knee pads and elbow pads. they would look more tactical and profesional. of course all with an option.

"Addition of knee pads and elbow pads". Do you even know what Special Forces wear? A lot have switched over to Crye combat uniforms with the built-in knee pads and elbow pads. Explain how that's not tactical or professional when the most skilled military professionals wear them?

Knee pads get in the way crye pads were a welcome solution.