Sign in to follow this  
Chriss0906

Soldiers appearance. Important!

other cool thing would be the adititon of knee pads and elbow pads. they would look more tactical and profesional.

In the military you don't wear knee and elbow pads to look tactical and professional. You wear them because you are told to. More often than not, people who told you to wear them are not around, so you don't wear them, and when they show up you get yelled at. Or they tell you to do push ups... a lot of push ups. But it's worth it; not wearing knee and elbow pads lets you climb on top of vehicles without sliding off and falling to your death, it also allows you to have proper circulation in your extremities. Plus you can stay somewhat cool and comfortable. That's probably the main reason.

Of course ArmA 3 might simulate units that are really strict about uniforms, as well as ones that don't require knee/elbow pads or just doesn't enforce the rule, so uniform customization would be a nice option, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

oh god look at that chest its totally FLAT. thats imposible.

How is that impossible? I know plenty of men who have a flat chest, which is normal; the abnormal thing is to have a muscular chest as it requires you to keep damaging it to rebuild the tissue which is then scarred, hence the size change.

The chest shown in the pic is perfect as that's what most soldiers have, less size but more definition under the minor pectoralis.

they dont look like real soldiers to me exept when they are with his jackets and all there they look good.

Wait a minute? so what's the issue? Unless you like to run around in underwear all the time, is his bulge big enough for you too?

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

;2384869']How is that impossible? I know plenty of men who have a flat chest' date=' which is normal; the abnormal thing is to have a muscular chest as it requires you to keep damaging it to rebuild the tissue which is then scarred, hence the size change.

The chest shown in the pic is perfect as that's what most soldiers have, less size but more definition under the minor pectoralis.

Wait a minute? so what's the issue? Unless you like to run around in underwear all the time, is his bulge big enough for you too?[/quote']

Well I think it's obvious he's no real soldier... I honestly don't see why he's in a position to say what a real soldier looks like, since his idea of a real soldier seems something out of Hollywood.

;2384869']Wait a minute? so what's the issue? Unless you like to run around in underwear all the time' date=' is his bulge big enough for you too?[/quote']

Quote of the year and it's only April.

;2384869']

Wait a minute? so what's the issue? Unless you like to run around in underwear all the time' date=' is his bulge big enough for you too?[/quote']

I like running around in my underwear in the off chance I decide to play the game. Well not really play, just log in, run around in my underwear while shouting arnold quotes over chat.

I like running around in my underwear in the off chance I decide to play the game. Well not really play, just log in, run around in my underwear while shouting arnold quotes over chat.

LOL were you screaming "Get to the Chopper" in MP today?

LOL were you screaming "Get to the Chopper" in MP today?

I haven't played in weeks and my in game name is binkowski, so if you ever see me join your server and use the sound files of Arnie it's me.

Was it "I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle" by any chance? ;)

;2385149']Was it "I need your clothes' date=' your boots and your motorcycle" by any chance? ;)[/quote']

YES, SO MUCH WIN IN THIS POST. Seriously, this just made my night. Thank you.

Larger bulges?Big thick bulging backs not the childlike backs we have now?Girly men chests?I guess the OP will be playing in a g-string to show off his hot body to the boys?

Now now, don't make jokes about his sexuality.

I challenge you to look at some documentaries. They're the best detailed looks you can get at soldiers. They look like... fit men. Not skinny men. Not bigorexic bodybuilders that need to make themselves feel masculine. Fit... men.

Now now, don't make jokes about his sexuality.

I challenge you to look at some documentaries. They're the best detailed looks you can get at soldiers. They look like... fit men. Not skinny men. Not bigorexic bodybuilders that need to make themselves feel masculine. Fit... men.

Or you inexperienced guys can just listen to some of us who are actually soldiers and who know how typical soldiers look. Anyway, the characters in Arma 3 look tone and fit, not skinny and not super muscular. Oh, and by the way, there are some skinny soldiers.

antoinneflemming, is it just me or is "BLUFOR" right now basically 7th Infantry Division, US Army (read: a non-SOF unit) and all we have for "special ops" is Scott Miller's face and literally nothing else of his faction is in the game? :p

The best way to play this game.

a3 soldiers are smaller than a1 a2 soldiers look here in oxygen a1 king right side a1 civ then a2 soldier then a3 soldier on the left they are thinner when i overlapped them 1 on top of the other http://i43.tinypic.com/1z1uude.jpg (148 kB)

soldiers may look fit and well going into afghan but after a couple of months on ration packs and with the weather factor and daily patrols and soon takes the weight off em and makes em skinny

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

a3 soldiers are smaller than a1 a2 soldiers look here in oxygen a1 king right side a1 civ then a2 soldier then a3 soldier on the left they are thinner when i overlapped them 1 on top of the other http://i43.tinypic.com/1z1uude.jpg (148 kB)

soldiers may look fit and well going into afghan but after a couple of months on ration packs and with the weather factor and daily patrols and soon takes the weight off em and makes em skinny

You know someone is clueless when they say things like this.

well i guess the documentary's ive watched are all faked then there's plenty out there that show a tour from start to finish and no the guys don't look the same as they did going out to afghan.

quote from mail online

‘On average my troop gives away half of every ration pack. Surely in this day and age soldiers should not need to supplement rations out of their own pocket? We are marching on half-empty stomachs and losing weight which in turn affects our operational effectiveness.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2089706/Soldiers-battle-Afghanistan-stomachs.html#ixzz2SqXh2eS8

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

They sure dont, and with the current use of steroids over seas we generally gain muscle and lose fat. Rations? I was on one of the smallest outstations and we still had a chow tent that served actual food. I ate MRE's as snacks when chow was closed.

guess you were the lucky one's as a lot of what ive read and watched for uk troops some times you can't get resups in for food water and ammo for hours\days when in those pb's as stated here too http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/sep/17/military.afghanistan

but lets get back on topic a3 soldiers are smaller than a2 soldiers look better toned but smaller

That article was written in 2006, but hey maybe it is still true maybe a British trooper will comment on it, Im thinking the difference in models is to account for the clothing and gear.

this seems like a bad idea, ive the crouch heights are made to get cover on a specific height then not all will be compatible and ive you cant micro adjust these stances like you could IRL its not a good idea

Or you inexperienced guys can just listen to some of us who are actually soldiers and who know how typical soldiers look. Anyway, the characters in Arma 3 look tone and fit, not skinny and not super muscular. Oh, and by the way, there are some skinny soldiers.

I believe I was using the accepted standard of skinny...

skinny+man.jpg

But of course there are skinny yet ordinary soldiers.

I would be happy to listen to you, because I honeslty have not served in the Armed Forces and can only tell you what they (Australian Army, at least) look like in their uniform. Which is... ordinary, fit men. At home.

No sarcasm was included.

The greatest issue that many of you are not considering is how any of these things effect GAMEPLAY.

It's not an RPG based game wherein you are free to change your character with no reprocussion (Except maybe a camera hating you in tight spaces) due to the fact that attacks are based on the distance of the target and weather or not obstacles are blocking. Aside from attacking behind, WHERE you hit the target rarely (and many times even then) matters. Secondly in RPG's clothing and items come specially tailored to alter size along with the character (see guild wars 2 great example) and generally causes some clipping errors even then...however due to the camera, you will not notice as many, and likely care far less.

Now imagine playing that in a first person view, wherein due to the different things could be either severely clipped or floating. Furthermore in a shooting game such as this, wherein you must aim for key areas of the body, having various body forms is not only difficult to skeletal structures but also detrimental to the gameplay itself. People would complain about other people using thin and short to not show as much body mass to hit, the people using those builds would complain about most balancing efforts IE all same size hit box (in other words you shoot the short guy above his head, where the 'normal' head is and he dies)

Again, it works in an RPG because of it's game mechanics, but when you're having to aim for key points, and hiding becomes an actual integral part of gameplay, then it leads to more problems then its worth.

Edited by NodUnit

They should all look like 100% weight slider Skyrim barbarians.

PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION. DO IT.

:)