Sign in to follow this  
MrsAcademy

Wasted an Hour of My Life on This Game So Far

There is no frontline. There is defined battle-zone. Each individual soldier from different factions just seems to randomly zone in (the only choice i'm given is random spawn) and then everyone is all spread out. No organization, no plan of attack, just a bunch of random soldiers enjoying the scenery and doing pretty much nothing.

This sucks.

P.S. How the FCK do I get out of a vehicle? I hit every button on the keyboard and all it does is open menus or change camera angles.

Lol Start of by Learning the Controls, still not happy change them to what ever key you want. Also this is a ALPHA game isn't released yet.

And there is nothing realistic about having all soldiers "randomly" spawn on the map. I was in the military. Troops come from bases and move outwards. What is this nonsense?

I'm sure you were.

Troll confirmed.

Read my reply to that quote.

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

Yea, I paid 32 bucks and it looks like I won't get it back. Since when do ppl pay for Alpha versions? Wow, learned my lesson.

$32 is outrageously cheap given that you also receive the full game at the end of it.

Think of it as a pre-order and don't play until release later this year...

No mission, no orders, no cohesion, no front-lines. Yet I am unrealistic? Lol.

There are plenty of missions. They are all different. Some are very simple, along the lines of a basic DM. Others are extremely complex. The one you picked sounds like a DM-style mission with the players placed at random spawn points.

Perhaps taking the time to learn the fundamentals would have prevented your current frustration.

Nice, just busted out another Ctrl Alt Del

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

I'm sure you were.

Troll confirmed.

Ok. Ask Me Anything CWO.

I suggest you engage ALT+F4 multiple times all the way to the desktop, till a "Shut Down Windows" tab prompt appears, then hit OK.

Why are you closing the application?

Esc > Abort.

This topic is of no value to anyone.

Dude, it'll get better if you stick with it. Don't bash it like that after playing one type of mission. There are missions without random spawning you know. Get some people to play with you, play organized cause then it's fun. Also, at this moment avoid servers with a lot of people (20+), it will only contribute to game crashing and bad performance.

Academy some of the missions are user made.

There are role playing groups out there how play by very well defined plans of action. Since the game lunched 6 days ago and it's still in Alpha, those groups have not yet had time to organize and create proper missions.

And there is nothing realistic about having all soldiers "randomly" spawn on the map. I was in the military. Troops come from bases and move outwards. What is this nonsense?

It's like having Rangers randomly air-dropped individually in Afghanistan, and then told "figure it out".

No mission, no orders, no cohesion, no front-lines. Yet I am unrealistic? Lol.

You're still not getting it. IT'S AN ALPHA VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are plenty of missions. They are all different. Some are very simple, along the lines of a basic DM. Others are extremely complex. The one you picked sounds like a DM-style mission with the players placed at random spawn points.

Perhaps taking the time to learn the fundamentals would have prevented your current frustration.

This to me is easily the best answer and we can consider the thread answered with this one. Learn the game, try different missions, else it's not for you, simple as that really.