tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

Can anyone confirm that this is working with the dev build? I have made all the changes described, but am still getting error.

'...s player) select2!= "") then

player |#|removePrimaryWeaponitem ((PrimaryWeaponitem...'

Error missing ;

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\VAS\functions\fn_handleItem.sqf , line254

VAS is functioning perfectly for me in Beta. With Tonic's permission, I'll post my fn_handleItem.sqf for you. It is just a straight copy of what Tonic has posted previously.

Edited by vagrantauthor
Clarification

All these comments i'm so lost,

I'll go through what was included in the most recent DEV build and release an update for the changes, etc soon.

I am getting the same error message as Geaux while using the dev build.

did I install it wrong or is this a bug?

UPDATE: 1.3

Our lovely new BETA blue... I miss the green already :(

vas.jpg

Notes:

v1.3 is meant for the latest DEV build / upcoming BETA, it is not to be used with ARMA 3 Alpha 0.60

Known Issue(s):

Currently with the new support of detecting what attachment is compatible with the weapons on you causes a problem, that problem being if you have a 9mm SMG and a pistol on you, when adding the silencer it will automatically go to the rifle every time, this is only temporary, a new prompt system was being created but it seems this release is needed and isn't in place till v1.4

Change log:

Fixed: Broken Commands that were changed to something else from Alpha->Beta transition

Changed: Backend stuff that was used to fetch magazines from the gun, changed to new commands added in.

Changed: Some functions changed to the call method instead of spawn.

Added: Full support of adding attachments to the all weapon types (Weapons on you that support the item).

Download:

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) 1.3

I admit - angels may have sung a little in my head the first time I loaded my gear and attachments, magazines, etc were all in place. Thank you, good sir.

UPDATE: 1.3

Our lovely new BETA blue... I miss the green already :(

aweweeee yeaaaaah!!

I just had a special wee when I read that.

Edited by Beerkan

Many thanks for sending us the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how

things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thx for the update Tonic, works great.

Rkn we could get the UI made a bit wider so some item names don't get cut off? Or maybe some fancy pants text scrolling.

getting a script VAS\open.sqf not found error when attempting to use it in the editor

Edited by Poochie

getting a script VAS\open.sqf not found error when attempting to use it in the editor

Can you upload a dropbox copy of your mission? Maybe I can help.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

You have put the VAS folder in your mission folder?

Can you upload a dropbox copy of your mission? Maybe I can help.

It's actually not a real mission haha, just an ammo box in the editor with the requisite line in the initialization. Still trying to get my bearings straight about editing in ARMA.

You have put the VAS folder in your mission folder?

Which VAS folder though? Is it the main one, the one in the gear.stratis folder or the one in the scripts folder?

Thanks

Which VAS folder though? Is it the main one, the one in the gear.stratis folder or the one in the scripts folder?

Thanks

When you download it from this link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19134 you will have a folder called "VAS". open this folder and you will see a scripts folder, open that and you will see another VAS folder. Put this folder into your mission folder.

Edited by dale0404

Also, make a description.extra file and learn how to add things to it. Armaedit and notepad++ are good tools to help you with that.

^ in order to do these things you'll need to save your mission 1st. This creates a mission folder in your MyDocuments\ProfileName\Arma3\missions folder (or mpmissions if you are in the MP editor).

You can then copy those files to your mission folder.

I seem to be having a problem. when I load a gear loadout random things seem to go missing. sometimes its just one or two mags. but most of the time its the gps, compass, watch and the radio that do not load.

would that be a client side bug or is it in the scripts? It seemed to work fine for me yesterday so I think its client.

where is the file that where the loadouts are saved? ill delete that and see if it fixes it.

EDIT: fixed it, just made a new profile and it worked.

EDIT EDIT: nvm that, just tried putting in 22 mags... reloaded and only had 10. anyone else having this problem?

Edited by TheWizard97

I seem to be having a problem. when I load a gear loadout random things seem to go missing. sometimes its just one or two mags. but most of the time its the gps, compass, watch and the radio that do not load.

would that be a client side bug or is it in the scripts? It seemed to work fine for me yesterday so I think its client.

where is the file that where the loadouts are saved? ill delete that and see if it fixes it.

EDIT: fixed it, just made a new profile and it worked.

EDIT EDIT: nvm that, just tried putting in 22 mags... reloaded and only had 10. anyone else having this problem?

You need to be more clear and specific, for me to be able to check any possible problems that is within VAS I need clear instructions on what you are doing so that I can reproduce the bug, all I could get is when you try to save a loadout with a lot of mags it doesn't load with those mags. I just tested it and I saved a loadout with 37 magazines and loaded back with 37 magazines.

Also worth noting is where the magazines are stored

the exact thing I did to get the bug:

I spawn in on my armory mission as a blufor rifleman. remove everything from my inventory. I use VAS to give myself combat fatigues, a carrier rig, map, gps, radio, watch and a compass. then I save the loadout and name it "test".

I press respawn and after I spawned I load the loadout I made. I will only have the combat fatigues and the carrier rig but no tools.

I also tried this exact loadout with 20 6.5 stanag mags. there will be 2 in the fatigues and and 18 in the carrier rig. I saved it. when I load it will give me a random amount of mags back. tried loading 3 times first time 14, second time 18 and third time 13.

also still no tools.

EDIT: just tried loading it in a random server and it did work there. also restarted arma. set up my armory mission again and loaded it. and it did work. I think it is when I load it too fast after creating the loadout.

Edited by TheWizard97