tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

Hi, your VAS script is really nice, thanks you for this.

But i have a request.

Can we have the possibility to get better saving system ?

Actually when we load what we are saving it is completely wrong, stuff are completely upsidedown, for some reason we prefer to have some stuff inside our backpack rather than put it in the vest or in the uniforms, sometime its for place management, sometime its for permit to friendly to access only what they need from our backpack, and mainly with the fact that some stuff disappear from our inventory if they are not in the backpack only.

Also the weapon attachments, they are never save when we put a weapon in our backpack, for example a secondary weapon, sniper riffle, shotgun or even pistol with attachments, the script is excellent but the saving system cause me a lot of problems, mainly with i spend almost half an hours to create nice equipment and i do my best for set each type of object per slot (uniforms, vest, backpack) it is really annoying to see all our stuff put in a completely wrong way in our inventory, some object who disappear cause of the place management and weapon attachment gone.

If you can it also will be really great if we can have a filter that permit to show : vanilla stuff, mods stuff and both.

Possibility to see with a numerical value the size of uniforms/vest/backpack, if for a reason we need huge backpack, or for another reason huge vest and not backpack or anything else, mainly when we have a lot of mods than add more uniforms, vest and backpack we never know if it will be a big one or not.

And a last request even if i think it don't will be possible :

Until BIS fix the way attachment work : http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2766 and lets us able to put any attachment on any weapons without compatibility issue with mods.

It will be great if we can be able to filter attachment per weapon to see the list of them we can use on our weapon cause with the actual way attachment work (it is really bad) sometime we are forced to try a lot of attachment before finally find one that the weapon accept.

Thanks again for your script, i hope you will be able to fix this problems/add this features !

Hi Tonic,

***Feature Request!***

Any way of modifying this a little to have all the gear appear in a crate instead of on the player?

I am looking to have a sort of logistics player in a mission and want the gear to arrive at the base instead of just magically spawning in.

@KevsnoTrev you can setup the VAS to anything, including vehicle, i have just try a mission where the VAS is on a truck, he follow the waypoint and arrive where i set it up, we are able to access it on passenger (sadly in co-driver and driver too).

You can set some waypoint or even script the spawn and lets him come to the base, lets player take ammo and weapons in a limited amount of time like 5/10 minutes (in case of people hard to decide what they want or the time that some of them in the fight RTB to take new weapons/ammo) with the setting that make the unit wait before go to the next waypoint and drive away.

You can also script a beautiful thing like an helicopter who pass at low altitude (just spawn it over the sea and make it disappear on the other side of the Island) throw an ammo box (with a nice script for make it slowly fall like with a parachute), the ammo box contain the VAS script and if you want you can script the fact that it will exploding/be destroy if you want a limited use of VAS.

You can do it several time, like several heavy transport helicopter (like the new big one from the Green faction) that land on your base, stay 5 minutes and go back over the sea and after for example 30 or 45 minutes another that do the same, it provide realistic way to have supplying.

I don't know if i have answer to your question.

@KevsnoTrev you can setup the VAS to anything, including vehicle, i have just try a mission where the VAS is on a truck, he follow the waypoint and arrive where i set it up, we are able to access it on passenger (sadly in co-driver and driver too).

Yeah, thanks for that- i have done this in the past.

What i am looking for is a Quartermaster role that passes out the gear from the ammocrate with VAS on it.

It will give more of a realism effect than having everyone just take whatever gear they want when they re-arm

some good ideas there, i was playing with an Arma 2 logistics script by R3F (that I hope will be ported over by them soon) to make a fully working logi system and the support roles that operate it.

the problem is that UPS and VAS both use KRON_getArg as a variable and the one from VAS overwrites the one in UPS so just open up UPS.sqf and replace KRON_getArg with KRON_getArg2 or something

Is there any current workaround that you or anyone know of?

Is there any current workaround that you or anyone know of?

open up UPS.sqf and replace all KRON_getArg with KRON_getArg2 or something

Is there a way to limit weapon choices (such as restrict all Launchers) or have a limited amount of ammo for a certain weapon?

Is there a way to limit weapon choices (such as restrict all Launchers) or have a limited amount of ammo for a certain weapon?

Player honesty?

Open config.sqf in the VAS folder and you'll find an example of how to restrict things. I do not believe it is currently possible to restrict certain amounts of anything without restricting the object itself. (i.e. you can't restrict people to having five blue smoke grenades, but you can restrict blue smoke grenades completely)

Player honesty?

Open config.sqf in the VAS folder and you'll find an example of how to restrict things. I do not believe it is currently possible to restrict certain amounts of anything without restricting the object itself. (i.e. you can't restrict people to having five blue smoke grenades, but you can restrict blue smoke grenades completely)

I have managed to do this a couple months ago via the config. I did not like the fact each side had access to all weapons and gear the same time. What I did was edit the config for the side of the player that way it loads only blufor weps and items for blufor player and vice versa. The only thing I have not managed to do is limit the ammount. I am working on that now

Been awhile since i've posted on this but I am planning on working on the next update soon, i've just been in a slump for ARMA 3 at the moment, once I finish this mission I am working on that uses MySQL i'll be starting up work on it again.

What I plan on adding in the next update:

Prompt window for making a choice for attachments that can be placed on both the primary & secondary.

Prompt window just in general for deciding where you want the item to go (depending on the item type, if GPS you'll be given the choice to equip it for your use, in your uniform/vest or backpack).

General cleanups of the code.

Adding ability to limit the amounts of weapons/magazines/items in VAS (something being discussed right now).

A system to remove restricted weapons (if listed) from a loadout when the player loads it, i.e you are Blufor with Opfor items, if they are restricted upon loading the loadout those items will be removed from you).

Im still sifting through this thread. Is there a solution to getting this to work in the beta? menu works fine just you can actually get items and wepons. error messages all over the place.

thanks

I use in the beta and have had no such issues BloodxGusher - can you post he error you are getting and let us know so we can try to help?

I use in the beta and have had no such issues BloodxGusher - can you post he error you are getting and let us know so we can try to help?

Here is a pic of what my game errors look like.

I am using a somewhat old version of Teetimes warfare and I get tones of other errors as I load into the game.

This particular error is when I attempt to use the VAS.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwarp89ydbpe2ry/2013-07-07_00001.jpg

yeah that's a part of the issue right there - for the latest version it should be in the VAS folder not gear. You will need to download it - check first post for links

remove

#include "gear\common.hpp"
#include "gear\menu.hpp"

you can delete the gear folder and import the VAS folder from the archive.

Then update the description.ext as needed.

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"
class CfgFunctions{    #include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"};

to make this work on an ammo box use:

this addAction["<t color='#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>", "VAS\open.sqf"];

let me know how you get on.

EDIT: the other errors are possibly also due to Teetimes Warfare not being beta modified either. Or have you made other changes?

yeah that's a part of the issue right there - for the latest version it should be in the VAS folder not gear. You will need to download it - check first post for links

remove

#include "gear\common.hpp"
#include "gear\menu.hpp"

you can delete the gear folder and import the VAS folder from the archive.

Then update the description.ext as needed.

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"
class CfgFunctions{    #include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"};

to make this work on an ammo box use:

this addAction["<t color='#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>", "VAS\open.sqf"];

let me know how you get on.

EDIT: the other errors are possibly also due to Teetimes Warfare not being beta modified either. Or have you made other changes?

thank you much. I will do some edits and see what I get.

you are probably right about it not being beta ready. This is a old version of teetimes warfare that I have modded a bit. Im waiting to hear if there was a new version since a i stopped playing A3 for a couple months.

thanks again.

I've been getting the "vas hasn't finished loading yet" a lot. it was only me getting it and now one my friends got the same issue. i run my own server and i've joined a lot of other servers and it seems to carry over. only way to fix it is to restart my whole game or pick a new role, picking a new role only works sometimes. Beta(DEV). i modified my start up command line could this affect it?

-cpuCount=6 -exThreads=12 -high -maxMem=8192 -noPause -noSplash -world=empty.

i'm re downloading my game now to see what that does..

I believe the latest DEV build broke VAS. It now tells me "VAS never initialized. Something went wrong?" upon any attempt to use the system. These missions worked fine yesterday and I haven't changed a thing.

I believe the latest DEV build broke VAS. It now tells me "VAS never initialized. Something went wrong?" upon any attempt to use the system. These missions worked fine yesterday and I haven't changed a thing.

Same :(

Then it means something with CfgFunctions was changed in the newest dev build. I'll take a look when I get done with my skyrim addiction today.

I really wish they would stop changing stuff like that so they better have a damn good reason listed or i'm going to lose my mind.

The latest build throws a lot of errors as soon as the main menu is loaded. All it says for the Dev changelog is they're aware of it. They don't actually give a changelog.

The latest build throws a lot of errors as soon as the main menu is loaded. All it says for the Dev changelog is they're aware of it. They don't actually give a changelog.

Well if they're aware they broke the game I won't bother taking a look until tomorrow.

*Edit*

Took a peak at the dev branch and holy jesus does that thing spit out useless information but besides the useless information it looks like they either changed or removed the option 'forced' in CfgFunctions which is supposed to force the file to run upon mission start.

If it was changed it is pretty crappy not to at least give a heads up, if it was removed that is even more crappy, if it's a mistake and its bugged I can live with that so long as it gets fixed. We will just have to wait for an actual DEV-branch update to see what they fix to be able to see what they've changed, current state it is pretty much unknown.

Edited by Tonic-_-

seems to be functioning on the ussocom domination mission/server.

If it's non-DEV branch then it will function perfectly fine, if it is the DEV Branch it will eventually goto a broken state.

Seems like they have patched the normal beta now.VAS no longer works for me in the normal beta build :(

just thought i'd let you know tonic