Sign in to follow this  
rehtus777

The Bohemia Interactive Slogan should be, "You ain't seen nothin' yet."

If you go back to 2011 and watch those videos at E3 of "Limnos" and see how incredible they are - and - then take into account that they've had two years to improve on it, then we ain't seen nothin' yet. Also, if you look at the Gamescom Videos of 2012 and Stratis (especially the Artillery and Helicopter attacks at night) then we are in for a real treat once they release everything. Heck, we haven't even experienced the Tank yet or all the other little 'goodies' that make up a military unit. We have only seen the tip of the iceberg.

My Theory on the Alpha Release: Bohemia Interactive is just giving you a little taste of what is to come in the future. I'm sure they want to save their best stuff for last. They want a smooth and impressive Alpha to get the 'good word' out about the simulator (and they've accomplished that so far...heck, I didn't even think the Alpha was going to live up to the hype....but BIS knocked it out of the park). But Bohemia Interactive also want to save their "Showcase" stuff for the release. So when critiquing the Alpha, keep in mind that they are only in the "Test" phase of the simulator.

Bohemia Interactive has gotten the attention of the Gaming World with this awesome Alpha....the ball is now in their court to release one of the Greatest Video Simulators (games) of all time. If they can wow us again with the Beta and the Final Release, then ArmA 3 could become "legendary". We need to keep informing BIS of the bugs so they can get a 9.9 or a 10 upon release. :bounce3:

Oorah

let's aim for 10.01 of 10 ... ;)

Indeed but I'm starting to worry if there actually going to have the means and time to implement on tweak it all.The amount of tickets and feature requests is growing massively..

However so far great stuff and Im very excited what more there is for us

Indeed but I'm starting to worry if there actually going to have the means and time to implement on tweak it all.The amount of tickets and feature requests is growing massively..

However so far great stuff and Im very excited what more there is for us

They are listening to us, trust me. They'll implement or fix problems that arise....and they'll do their best to improve on things.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

INDEED!!! Keep up the great work.

but the game is already so good. taking up all my time ;) the alpha in its current state is already so much for me, so many options, so many stuff to do. imagine when everything is available. omg :)

I don't want to derail the thread, or sound like a pain, but do you guys at least have plans to look into the optimization issues. I can see this turning into a game where only half the community enjoy it because it runs so badly for the other half.

Instant GOTY on release. Mark my words.

/agree

With plenty of tweaking and polishing of art assets it definitely has the potential to be an awesome game by launch.

Im happy that BIS did go with providing an Alpha for Arma 3 otherwise I would be skeptical.

Being an alpha (and an ARMA game) I didn't expect much. I certainly didn't expect this few bugs and this much content to work with at this stage. Bravo BIS for showing the AAA publishers (looking at you EA) how to do it right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XZWgHNcUeA

When the alpha loads up we need this song playing.

Ah ha...... love it. BTO. Now you're talkin'....that is what I grew up with as a kid in the middle of the USA. Good Stuff.

Flash Thunder, I agree..... my hopes were high, but I was skeptical about the Alpha. I thought it would be full of bugs, crashes, and hackers....but it has been the exact opposite. Just like what Cameron said to Ferris Bueller, "BIS, you're my Hero."

What a treat.

Edited by rehtus777

Ah ha...... love it. BTO. Now you're talkin'....that is what I grew up with as a kid in the middle of the USA. Good Stuff.

A yank listening to a Canadian rock group :O you must have been bullied lots in school. Kidding, BTO is tops. Best rock group ever imo...

But so is this alpha. I remember I first played arma 2 shortly after release but it was just unplayable. Only to pick it up some years later when it was better polished. But this alpha is pretty decent so far so I have good hopes for the final game. Even if BIS can't do All The Things

A yank listening to a Canadian rock group :O you must have been bullied lots in school. Kidding, BTO is tops. Best rock group ever imo...

But so is this alpha. I remember I first played arma 2 shortly after release but it was just unplayable. Only to pick it up some years later when it was better polished. But this alpha is pretty decent so far so I have good hopes for the final game. Even if BIS can't do All The Things

Hey, we American's love Canadian's....... they supply us with Oil and we supply them with Hollywood entertainment :p But never forget, Rock - N - Roll started in the Mississippi Delta / Memphis. As Bono of U2 said, "The African Continent collided with the European Continent in the USA and gave us Rock - N - Roll."

As for ArmA, I started playing it in 2010. I missed most of the bugs, but I heard about it from a friend who turned me on to ArmA 2.

Ps. One of my all-time favorite entertainers is Gordon Lightfoot...another Canadian. Canada is very cool. :cool:

I have met Gordan Lightfoot, good guy, and the US gets lots of Maple syrup from the great white north.

If you read the tracker many issues up there are teh same but posted by the masses because many feel their issue even though the same as others needs it own post instead of voting on it and putting there notes in. There are also posts marked urgent where the OP is asking for BI to tell Admins to stop kicking them and other silly matters. They will get through it all, my game already runs better then A2. People are moddin all kinds of great stuff and I figure that by the Q3 we will be playing a game we all have dreamed about.

We are living in a time of giants, the future is so bright I have to wear shades

I have met Gordan Lightfoot, good guy, and the US gets lots of Maple syrup from the great white north.

If you read the tracker many issues up there are teh same but posted by the masses because many feel their issue even though the same as others needs it own post instead of voting on it and putting there notes in. There are also posts marked urgent where the OP is asking for BI to tell Admins to stop kicking them and other silly matters. They will get through it all, my game already runs better then A2. People are moddin all kinds of great stuff and I figure that by the Q3 we will be playing a game we all have dreamed about.

We are living in a time of giants, the future is so bright I have to wear shades

You met Gordon? Lucky you. I saw him in 1987 at Starlight Theater in Kansas City....such a humble man.

Yes, I agree with you..... I told my friends that ArmA 3 is going to be the "End all to be All" for Video Games / Simulators, they just chuckled. But, after the Alpha release, many are starting to "Believe." :)