l etranger

VTS 4.0 - Live Multiplayer Mission Creating Tool for A3

Hmmm that is weird! I've not uploaded anything to Steam before, but perhaps others could help out? Maybe even post in Troubleshooting thread too ?

New version have any goodies L etranger ?

EDIT: Actually I have been able to subscribe to it ! EXCELLENT !

Edited by Kremator

But were you able to play it ? (it appear in orange after you subscribed, in the mission list)

That just beta 11 with small fix, I'll try to release a beta 12 somewhere.

Yes it appears as orange but then says it has to download it then I get an error. Beta12 would be welcome :)

Brilliant stuff.

Is there a possibility in the future of being able to select and object to place whilst in the 3d placement mode?

It would be unique if somehow in a small window when selecting an object, the actual 3d object appears rotating so you know what you are selecting.

Probably a long shot, just thought I'd add the idea :D

Loving this mission creation tool!

Edit:

Is it possible you can lock the object in place and still be able to change its position?

I find it difficult to place big objects down because I cannot see it from all angles, so locking it in place, being able to freely move around the object whilst still being able to move it about would help brilliantly :D

Still not able to get the Steam version to work. Did you have any luck with uploading beta12 L etranger?

EDIT: Still not getting the Steam new version to work ... DAMN !

Edited by Kremator

I uploaded an updated beta 11 on the steam workshop, which fix the lag due to BIS nearestbuilding bug. BTW the mission was not working on the workshop due to a BIS bug I'll not explain there.

Beta 12 should be there soon, I hope (which previous fix and some little improvement).

Next change log :

-Workaround for freeze due to neearestbuilding command bug.

-UAV now are fully functional, even if spawned in Empty mode.

-Fixed plane spawn not having the good velocity at spawn.

-Fixed 3D spawning physic overlapping.

-New feature : Silencer can now be added or removed on AIs.

-New feature : Flashlight can now be added or removed on AIs.

-New feature : Laser pointer can now be added or removed on AIs.

Edited by L etranger

Now that Steam is working (did you push a little change today?) perhaps you could go full release then it would be easy updating it ?

Now this will save me having to F5 this thread every hour. Steam looks like it will be a winner!

One thing that would be great L etranger is, when a player is downed, but there are AI close, it would be possible for them to revive the player. Currently only players can revive, but would it be possible to get AI to auto-revive if close ?

Edited by Kremator

Well AI is not my priority, the mission is really to be played with friend.

Beta13 changelog :

-UAV Terminal can now be correctly bought from the shop.

-Fixed undefined vars on the spectating script.

-Disconnecting (deaths) are no more logged in the GM logs.

-New feature : Allow GMs to broadcast any kind of global textual announce.

-Disabled the ability to run the mission in SP (coz Workshop doesn't handle mission type if MP & SP).

-Optimized delete & remove corpse functions with big brush.

-Optimized Kill everything function with big brush.

-Optimized Populate with civilian function (still use it with moderation to not overload your game).

-Civilian population (spawned with populate) should now be handled by Headless client if used.

-The Brush size can now be sized up to 2500.

-Units spawned with "fill building with current side" function, should now be handled by Headless client if used.

-New feature : Allow GMs to paint zone on the maps (visible for all players & JIPs).

-New Shop feature : You can now buy the same loadout used by a friendly player.

Beta 13 up.

Edited by L etranger

Liking beta 13 already. Would it be possible to have an overcast slider now too? We have fog and rain but no overcast, and without overcast we can't have rain :( Cheers mate. STEAM seems like the way to go !

The overcast is handled by the rain, eg 0.5 will give you overcast. Unfortunaly the weather commands of Arma 3 are still broken since the alpha. You have to force a skiptime to get the change.

B14 Changelog :

-Updated Aeroson loadout functions to avoid item loop.

-Update Shop class changing UI.

-Optimized some functions.

-Improved addons reading tolerance, to fix badly configured addons to not showing up (Mainly for groups).

-Fixed undefined variables when opening the CPU before the data are loaded.

Edited by L etranger

Hi,

1) The UAV terminal is now able to hit my inventory but I cant use it (I am game master). No connect to UAV shows up in context menu.

2) My buddy and I looked like a bunch of petty theives with our gear bags full of.... watches. Hundreds, and hundreds of watches. The only point of interest might be that he is in Afghanistan. Maybe it was something to do with latency. I tried again later in a MP session with just me in it and I could not duplicate.

Hi,

1) The UAV terminal is now able to hit my inventory but I cant use it (I am game master). No connect to UAV shows up in context menu.

2) My buddy and I looked like a bunch of petty theives with our gear bags full of.... watches. Hundreds, and hundreds of watches. The only point of interest might be that he is in Afghanistan. Maybe it was something to do with latency. I tried again later in a MP session with just me in it and I could not duplicate.

HEy

-Make sure you equiped the terminal in your GPS slot (This is how BIS UAV terminal work)

-Wait B14 to see if you still have the issue.

Cheers

UAV works when equipped. What I am having difficulty with it the UAV squad that seem to spawn the UAV immediately that crashes 2 secs later!

Still having trouble with overcast with rain :(

UAV works when equipped. What I am having difficulty with it the UAV squad that seem to spawn the UAV immediately that crashes 2 secs later!

Still having trouble with overcast with rain :(

-First is BIS Bug. I'm stopping fixing BIS (BIS is paid for that).

-use skiptime 0.5 multiplaye time until you see change. Another BIS bug.

Next changelog :

-Parachute function, now also parachute vehicles.

-"Sit on chair" action is back (0 - 8 - 4)

-Updated communication menu to have fixed slot (group manager access will now be 0 - 8 - 0).

-Fixed Object & Building type to glitch due to overlap physics collision when spawning in 3D.

-Added "vts_generate_spawn_position" new variable in init.sqf to disable base spawning generation (true by default to make the mission compatible with all islands)

-Added a new mod script executed only on the headless client "mods\headless_side_script.sqf"

-Increased the magnitude of the zoom on the GM minimap.

-New Init function "vts_isParachuted" to spawn object in air with a parachute.

Edited by L etranger

Nope but another member of CPC community may try to do another tuto in english.

Edited by slayertom

I am having trouble getting VTS to recognize a popular F18 mod. I am able to see/use the mod fine in the editor, but can not get the VTS console to bring it up. Is there a certain folder mods need to be in for VTS to bring them up?...naming template? or does VTS have problems recognizing mod vehicles that fall outside the default list.

Edited by Bananamoose