l etranger

VTS 4.0 - Live Multiplayer Mission Creating Tool for A3

Am I right in saying that multiple players can be gamemasters at the same time, and can place objects in the 3d editor... at the same time? With a visible crosshair/3d marker so you can identify who's who when editing?

Is it even possible that a gm can see on their local machine a 3d marker of another gm on the server?

Am I right in saying that multiple players can be gamemasters at the same time, and can place objects in the 3d editor... at the same time?

Only if you turn assistant GM on or GM for all.

With a visible crosshair/3d marker so you can identify who's who when editing?
Brush is only visible to its GM owner everything is local to him until he spawn stuff.
Is it even possible that a gm can see on their local machine a 3d marker of another gm on the server?

Maybe, but I'm not sure of the interest of it.

Latest version is playing well L'Etranger. I'm liking the new R2D button too.

I can't remember seeing a VTS_isSuicideBomber script. Or does it VTS_isIED do the same thing?

One final question: When a GM chooses and item to place (in 3D) can other see the GM moving it? As it would kinda spoil the illusion.... can it be made invisible to others until actually placed?

Keep up the good work mate.

Yeah !

Beta 09 up ! (see first page)

Change Log:

-Added character visualization to the change class function (like the shop)

-Added a Min & Max button for easier "item unlocking/locking" on the GM shop interface.

-Added a "R2D" spawn button, to allow randomized spawn in a position inside the brush.

-Disabling "All units markers" now disable mouse over info on map (so a GM can also play its mission without being spoiled)

-Added a rename button to allow "Persistent equipment slots" to be renamed.

-Modified the way "players markers" are created on GM side to try to improve their reliability over time.

-Replace Revive "Last stand" by "Revive - No Respawn" so you can now specify amount of life available (player bleeding to death in no Respawn will still die definitely).

-Added a new button on the GM interface "Scale interface" to either scale the interface to the screen or use the game interface size.

-Implemented an UI editor to smooth up gm interface update.

-Change side function will now give a boost in rating so player doing friendly fire while in change side doesn't turn renegade.

-Changing class when in a group should now keep squad leader as leader.

-Merged Dice buttons into 1 combolist.

-Updated interface layout to regroup functions of the same family together.

-Added a fill Cargo function, that create a group inside vehicles cargo of the same side, with the current selected faction infantries (useful for fast convoy / air support creation).

-Improved "Initial spawn on base" & "Players > to Base" to be more accurate (and reduce spawn in water probability again)

-Added a command script to spawn the Arma 2 LHD if detected in the loaded data.

-Fixed Delete function not deleting spawned target type objects.

-Added A3 parachute (Beta) item to fix the "Parachute a group" function now to work on A3. (AI handling parachute seems to crash A3 a lot)

-Added a command to activate some kind of N2O for vehicles (more for fun & stunt).

-Now filtering work is available for all type of listing in the GM interface

-Shop update : the balance must now be set in the shop instead of the GM interface

-Shop update : Shops are now specific to each side (items counts & balance) and does not share the same equipment availability.

-Shop update : Added button to Fill all or unfill all items from a shop for GM.

-Shop update : You can now create custom shop with "vts_isshop" function (can be used to simulate weapons box / vehicles garage etc with specific content).

-Fixed : In the shop, was able to sell some items without them to be removed from the inventory.

-Added buttons to access all shops on the GM interface.

-Fixed: Land & Transport unload should now work with group with multiple vehicles

-Improved : Starting with no equipment will now remove head gear / vest & pockets items (maps etc...)

-Added units count per side on the GM interface

-A3 specific : Replaced resistance placeholder by A3 Beta green units.

-Fixed "player killed" log not displayed in Log on Dedicated environment.

-Hopefully fixed the random Task manager issues

-Destroy terrain improvement : Now work on A3 buildings too, and should be better sync to JIP players.

-Fixed : Change class function was listing faction with no men available (ex : if you AiA with CO content disable, or for custom addons factions with no infantry)

-Improved Revive system : Dying on water nearer than 1KM of the shore will wash you on the ground nearby instead of respawn/immediate death.

-Improved Revive system : Dying on a spawned building should let you be revived at the spot you died, although your ragdoll crossed through (BIS bug)

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

Latest version is playing well L'Etranger. I'm liking the new R2D button too.

I can't remember seeing a VTS_isSuicideBomber script. Or does it VTS_isIED do the same thing?

One final question: When a GM chooses and item to place (in 3D) can other see the GM moving it? As it would kinda spoil the illusion.... can it be made invisible to others until actually placed?

Keep up the good work mate.

-IED is doing it the same way yeah (on death too).

-3D place & spawn, are not visible to other, only 3D displacement. (3D arrows are always invisible to other peoples)

Edited by L etranger

^^ amazing as usual! You are one of the superstars of Arma L'Etranger!

Next beta change log :

-Fixed loading loadout on a shop with some item not in store would bug sometime (should now correctly item from the loadout not available in the shop).

-Brush should now be able to select plane & ship up to 5000 meters of altitude / depth .

-Delete should now be able to delete plane & ship up to 5000 meters of altitude / depth.

-Take control should now be able to take control up to 5000 meters of altitude / depth.

-Improved mouse over: When an unit in a group is a player, its name is displayed instead of the classname (better to track player groups).

-Fixed : Right Shift now also work for 3D Spawning & 3D displacement (to reduce rotation & height speed).

-Improved GM interface opening process : Opening GM UI should be faster, better and stronger.

-Revive fix : Workaround to stop people able to get up or reload even after behind injured.

-Fixed Tasks manager : Tasks updating would bug if a player changed class or GM used take control.

-AI Micro management improved : Not moving AI units will now cover & better hold territory when alerted.

-AI Micro management improved : AI units doing small distance patrols (under 150m of travel) will now cover & hold territory when alerted.

-Improved Fill cargo function : Will now create a driver of another group from the cargo group, if the vehicle is empty.

-Fixed Plane spawn : Maned Plane would not get the right velocity on spawn

-Improved Transport unload : Now paradrop AI vehicle cargo if it's an Aerial vehicle flying above 125 meters.

-Fixed : Shop content of Resistance side & Civilian sides were not sync between GM & Players

-Fixed : Spectating camera not aiming at the correct height when a unit is not on the same height as ground.

-Improved : Payers > respawn, should now also teleport inside the base , if the base is in different height than the ground (eg : on a building)

-Fixed : sometime in 3d spawning, object where jumping before beeing spawned

-New feature : Unit properties (which can also be applyed to the unit group) allow to change damage, ammo, fuel, stance etc of specific units .

-Improved : Saving loadout & loadout name, now also save profile next to avoid potential lose due to game crash.

-Fixed : Dead & Unconcious players could be able to open shop or change class in base.

-Fixed: Deads player were able to get up in certain circumstances.

-Fixed : Shops are no more accessible before the game data are loaded.

-Modified shortcut : Del, now only remove dead objects under the brush. (to avoid miss usage)

-New shortcut : Shift + Del & Ctrl + Del, now delete all objects under the brush. (more secure)

-Improved : When using Respawn and have no life left, if ACRE is used player will be swaped in spectator.

-Improved : Unit spawn selection listing is now sorted on alphabetical order

-Improved : Shops now display your class special ability

Edited by L etranger

I get an error when I die as GM (something missing in config.bin) ... I am running quite a few mods however - will try to narrow it down.

Was messing around with VTS last night and tried the parachute function. It wasn't working for me as GM anyway. I think it requires the parachute backpack - so whatever backpack the group members have has to be remembered, then replaced with the parachute one, and then on landing the backpack replaced with the original.

Also is there a way to get AI to occupy and fortify buildings? ie place a group over a building And they will walk to windows / cover stairwells etc?

-It's up to the players to prepare their gear prior to a parachuting (like from a plane), only AI backpack are handled by the script.

-By spawning a group on a building they will populate it for the fill building function can do it too.

^^ Ahhh you see I was using the parachute group option without prepping for it. However IF I want to do an automatic group parachute (to start a mission) I can't without replacing everyones backpack with the chute. Perhaps a toggle button that will give that player group the chute automatically?

Thanks for the info on the populate building. I take it they just have the No Move waypoint then.

Thanks for your awesome work L'étranger!!

I am starting to use your mission alot on my server but we can't use the load/save feature. It does not COPY into clipboard, is this a bug from beta 9 ? thanks

This is a great ingame mission making/3d editor tool.

I do have a couple of problem though, it is quite major.

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]Problem:

When placing objects down in 3D mode, you can stick with 1 object in the editor and place it down as many times as you want, I used the pier in this case.

When I quit the 3D editor, the GM Menu is closed too. When I reopen it, the Side is set back to West instead of Objects. This is frustrating a little because the load time for loading up the objects list can take a little while, by that I mean 10/20 seconds.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Suggestion:

If it is possible, is there a way to preload all the objects/units/vehicles so loading the list does not take a while?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=width: 928]

[TR]

[TD]Problem:

When I have finished placing the pier down in the 3D editor, I want to add some walls to the edge of it. So the same as Problem 1, I have to navigate back to the GM Menu. However the search button is very handy, so I have used it to find the wall I want. Took about 10 seconds, but hey! I have the object I need.

So I go and use the wall in the 3D Editor, perfect, all I need to do is align the walls to the edge of the pier and.... NOOOO... The walls do not align at all, no matter if I use the Shift button to slow down the rotation or not! Gutted.

I have tried going back to the GM Menu and putting the wall somewhere else, it changed the rotation a little bit more, but I still could not align the edge to the pier.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Suggestion:

This is just a guess, but I reckon that you have set it so that when you place an object, it's default direction is based on the terrain?

If so then my suggestion would be maybe to have a couple of buttons, one where you can set the local direction of your 3d object.

Button 1:

This would be used to set the direction of the 3D editor object relative to the worldspace, which is your normal North, East, South, West etc.

I think the simple thing to do is for every object placed, set direction to 0.

Button 2:

This would be used to set the direction of the 3D editor object relative to an already place object, this I believe should only be used if you are keeping your current system.

This is simple, click on the button, then click on the object, then click the 3D placement button. The command would probably be along the lines of 3D_Editor_Object getDir localObject, then it would work with the Left/Right mouse button to rotate as normal.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

---------- Post added at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

I am starting to use your mission alot on my server but we can't use the load/save feature. It does not COPY into clipboard, is this a bug from beta 9 ? thanks

Strange but the copy and paste feature works for me :/ I dont have no online server, I just play with my mates and host on my pc. But it does work for me :/

It's more a bug of Arma 3 I think (it work on some and no other, on Arma 2 it's more reliable) , manually doing CTRL + C to copy & CTRL + V to paste should handle this issue

---------- Post added at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

This is a great ingame mission making/3d editor tool.

-Problem 1 : Item are already loaded, but display a listening in the listbox can be long if filter is activated (especially if there is a lot of object to filter). Last selected item should be set back on the GM interface on close / open. Be sure to valid your filter when emptyed it to faster the process. I'm not sure how to improve filtering time (string comparison is ultra long to process), but there is an old issue about restoring selected item sometime, this Will try to look on.

-Problem 2 : Never experienced the issue, object always are in direction by the power of 5° or 15° (starting from 0 to 360) so they should always be able to be in the same direction if the mode is correctly exported. (Make sure you press the left shift, right shift isn't supported right now, will look into this).

Thanks for your answer. It works with CTRL+C (I had tried that before asking but it did not work, that's odd)

Is it possible to remove NVGs from enemy soldiers please? If it is, how can I do that ? thanks ;)

Something like that in the command line I guess.

You better take look at the wiki for some other command to use them ingame !

{if !(isplayer _x) then {_x unassignitem "nvgoggles"};} foreach allunits

Hey L'etranger. I just noticed an old loading bug is back. Recently you optimised the loading so that you were able to see the VTS picture (being ingame) very quickly on starting the mission. For the last couple of days I have noticed that the loading screen stays up much longer now (so that the whole config is loaded) before the loading screen goes.

Has something changed with the Beta, that has interfered with the loading ?

Hey, you mean before the briefing appear (or briefing freeze) ? On Stratis ?

(I have no such issue, but recently some JIP issued appeared when I used spawned bridge on VTS DEV)

Edited by L etranger

Hey ! Since the Beta is OUT, VTS have many bugs on our server. We lost anything on ever revive, guns, clothes, etc...

Does someone have the same error ?

Hey ! Since the Beta is OUT, VTS have many bugs on our server. We lost anything on ever revive, guns, clothes, etc...

Does someone have the same error ?

Which version are you using (this seems related to not up to date mission version) ?

Running beta09 with dev beta.

Also is it possible to change the font as the < arrow is missing on small font for things like fog/time etc

I have no issue with the < arrows, what is size of your interface ? did you try UI scaling ?

Just a sneak peak about the new "object property" function in the very close Beta 10:

Will be accessible by either 2xClick + Ctrl or the Param button.

nKJ1rLl.jpg

Oooooh me likey ! I'll be away for a few days, but looks like this will be good to test when I come back ! No pressure!

Oooooh me likey ! I'll be away for a few days, but looks like this will be good to test when I come back ! No pressure!

I'll be away for a long time too :p, so I'll release it ASAP.