l etranger

VTS 4.0 - Live Multiplayer Mission Creating Tool for A3

Nxt version :

-New feature : Module spawning (so you can enable special addons directly in the mission, like Xmed or Alive).

-Improved distance at which VIP / Hostage follow player to getin vehicle

-Captive / Invisble GM can now see player names

-Loggin as admin even if not in a GM slot now give GM interfaces.

-Improve GM UI to better display Spawn scripts.

-Added a black curtain during the Initialization.

-Show text feature now doesn't shown up on Dedicated / Headless client.

-Added a confirmation request on Mission Success / Fail action

-GM Kill logs now display distinction between killed by AI or PLAYER

-Added clean world buttons for Bodies / Items / Wrecks

-Moved "Point the map" button on the top left of the mini map for more clarity

-Hostage now use sit down animation to allow smoother transition to freedom and fix the locked surrender animation state

-Using "Game Basic respawn" as respawn mission parameter now also restore loadout on respawn.

-Fixed : 1.08 patch making the unit to move away when spawned without move order.

-Fixed : Men & Vehicle spawns to create an empty group

-Added support for additive custom spawn script : mods\custom_functions.sqf

-Added support for additive custom Command Line preset : mods\custom_precommandline.sqf

-Fixed : Skill info in the Property panel now doesn't show 1.0 when the unit skill can't be read (to avoid confusion on skill level when units are spawned outside of the VTS on dedicated server).

-New Shop feature : Server loadouts (modifiable only by GM connect as server Admin)

-Shop : Increase players Loadout capacity to 20

-Added new mission param for shops : "Loadouts unlimited and free to buy" which allow loadouts to be buy for free, even if the items are not in available in store.

-Updated spectator script by Ollem

-Fixed : AI Units going sometime all in the same building

-Native support for Task Force Radio mods with following params : no encryption between side's radio, no automatic long range radio on leader.

-Disabled : Taw_viewdistance addons Nograss option

Edited by L etranger

Two questions

First is there a way for you to make it so that we that use the console can have our settings and codes within the scripts aside. I will explain ;)

I add to the command line examples so I can easy just pull down the tab and use a fast scriptline, and I have added code in the VTS call on init on units so when I put out a unit that unit has a special set of gear for example. The problem comes when a new beta is released; then I have to open the console_valid_pre_init_line, console_valid_pre_com_line, vtsfunctions etc to re-add them into the script. I dont want to just copypaste the whole sqf as maybe you have done some greatness in the codeline in vtsfunctions as an example. So is there a way to alter so that we can have an hpp file or something to put our extra codes, and not have to go into your codes each beta-new-release ?

Second, is there a fast "revive" scriptline that one can use ?

I mean as you can param click people and just fast-revive them. Is there a way to do that even tho he doesnt have revives left or not ? at times I click on people and just get up "no alive player".. What I wanted was something like:

revive user9

And I can just put that in a command line and that unit will arise hehe.

1 - I can add a hook in the functions and lines that will read additive data from the mission mods folder (the same way you can add scripts that can be run on client / server / headlesst)

2 -The GM revive should be able to revive even player with no life left (It's a GM tool heh!) if not I'll take a look.

Good news .... ALiVE and VTS work together flawlessly. Of course it takes a little tinkereing with the mission.sqm, but nothing drastic!

EDIT: I wondered why the AI were killbots, and it seems that, for some strange reason, that all AI are getting skill of 1.0 ! This is with me setting AI to Low + Shaky in options before mission start, and even setting Recruit in ALiVE. Hmmmm need to figure this one out !

Edited by Kremator

Ho BTW there this new tips feature, showing up each time you open the GM ui, so if you have some good tips to share of basic function you use in someway to help yourself and want to share, pull them there so I can add them to the list.

Found the problem with killbots (AISkill = 1). Seems that VTS_Setskill wasn't being initialised properly and therefore had every AI at skill 1. I have now had to tweak it down to 0.2 and I'm getting amazing battles with AI in ALiVE and VTS.

Vts setskill is only applied on VTS spawned unit, I guess spawned unit by Alive use their own skill adjuster ?

Unfortunately the AISkill module had no effect when VTS was present. It is like VTS was overwriting ALiVE skill. Anyway it is now sorted by changing VTS_Setskill.

Strange, only unit spawned by VTS are using VTS setskill. I gues Alive use its own function. Default VTS skill is quite easy now.

The Empty type seems to be missing for the first factions for West, East and Resistance, since update 23? I tested this with no addons, running on the production version of A3.

Strange, only unit spawned by VTS are using VTS setskill. I gues Alive use its own function. Default VTS skill is quite easy now.

Yes I can't understand why units (NOT spawned directly by VTS) would have such a high skill, but when I modified VTS_Setskill it does have an effect on all AI spawned (VTS and ALiVE).

What do you mean by modified ? the VTS Skill parma is only applied on VTS spawned unit.

I didn't have time to check Alive, but with the new implementation of module handling in the VTS, I'll take a look.

OK, let me explain further. With ALiVE and VTS together, I noticed that all AI (when I mouse over them) had a skill of 1/1.0 (in the right hand box). It did not matter what I set the ALiVE setskill (recruit BLU-F and OPF_F) to as it always was overridden by this 1/1.0 from VTS_Setskill (even though I had set AI to LOW SKAKY skill in the parameters). Now when I went into the code and changed the code that uses VTS_Setskill to accept 0.2 as the skill and hey presto, every unit now has 0.2/1.0 skill. I don't fully understand what is going on, as every unit, even though it is being created by ALiVE is taking VTS_Setskill values. I don't even know whether they are actually using those skill values then ... they seem to be much worse - but maybe that is a placebo effect? Hope that helps.

Was it on dedicated server ? Because skill command is local, if you try to get skill from unit handled by another computer, it will always return 1. VTS is setting a net variable on unit to make sure GM on other computer can read the skill correctly. So Alive unit beeing read at 1 on a dedicated server may not be truly at 1 (but you could not read it because the get skill command doesnt werk well over remote unit in vanilla arma).

I'm sure I tried this on a local server and a dedi and got the same thing. I can have another look however. Thanks for looking into it mate.

EDIT: Here is what I modified.... in retrospect I'm not sure it IS changing the skill, just the number in %1

_txtinfo=_txtinfo+format["<br/>Skill : %1/1.0 ",(_object getvariable ["vts_skillset",0.2])];
Edited by Kremator

hmm.. I have a problem, everytime I place a single unit, it starts to run somewhere. It wont stay still even if I dont have a waypoint set. I have disabled VTS AI management. I dont think I had similar issues before todays patch. Trying to find the function that handles spawning units but I am not so good with scripting anyway. Actually I think they are all going to the nearest truck :confused: Also they seem to run in aware state all the time with full speed so the state and speed does not work either.

Edited by Hapexi

Seems to be lastest patch, I'll take a look.

-Localized the issue, since the lastest patch logic in group seems to change group behavior somehow.

Edited by L etranger

Shouldn't it be pretty simple task to set a person without a waypoint or with a waypoint so that he behaves as the parameters tell him? Or does this use somekind of special functions for AI waypoints? The upsmon waypoints have some trouble also, the guys run around in aware state all the time, cant set the speed or behaviour.

Also when placing vehicles in 3D editor, I always kill the driver because the second vehicle spawns immidiately on the cursor that is on top of the just placed unit.

Dont get me wrong, I love this mission and im gonna devote my Arma time mastering this live mission thing :) Im also doing my best to interpret the scripts and structure of the editor so maybe I could someday start contributing more.

Shouldn't it be pretty simple task to set a person without a waypoint or with a waypoint so that he behaves as the parameters tell him? Or does this use somekind of special functions for AI waypoints? The upsmon waypoints have some trouble also, the guys run around in aware state all the time, cant set the speed or behaviour.

Related to last patch, AI beeing grouped with a logic has different behavior now.

Also when placing vehicles in 3D editor, I always kill the driver because the second vehicle spawns immidiately on the cursor that is on top of the just placed unit.

Know A3 bug and only happen on Player/Host environment (sometime vehicle even blow up even if it is invulnerable on spawn, maybe related to physx ), work fine with dedicated server environment but maybe I can hack something to improve that in Player/Host env.

I been doing some testing with the MCC sandbox editor and on my own. And I have not been able replicate the weird behaviour in either one. What do you mean by grouping with logic? I have a game logic placed on my own mission editor and when I place a single unit from the console live in the mission, there is no weird behaviour.

Also the Name parameter does not work. And to me it seems that the unit never gets assigned the name parameter value. And what ever it would be, it gets overwritten in the vts_spawninit function where it gets the parameter vts_num

I did some digging and to me the unit creation in spawn_rt.sqf seems a bit weird.

On line 63:

call compile format["%2 = _tmpgroup createUnit [console_unit_unite,[_positX,_positY,_positZ ],[], 0, ""NONE""];",(var_hom_solo),(console_nom)];

The syntax seems odd to me, according to arma wiki it should be something more like

call compile format["console_unit_unite createUnit [[_positX,_positY,_positZ ],solo%1];",(var_hom_solo),(console_nom)];

Im sorry if im talking totally wrong things, im pretty new to arma scripting. Im just trying to help :o

Edited by Hapexi

Never seen or any report of that, is it blood ? Nothing in VTS are doing this kind of stuff.

Are you sure you did not used any special addons ?

Nope it isn't blood. It seems like it is a waypoint that is being shown. It only shows at certain angles. I'm convinced that I also saw that with VTS in Arma2 too. It doesn't happen all the time, and I don't even know if it is certain units, but you can see them in camera mode.

Just CBA and VTS running.