l etranger

VTS 4.0 - Live Multiplayer Mission Creating Tool for A3

LOL just checked Steam ... it had downloaded 20 VTS (all of 2 bytes). Yup, something is up with Steam :( Still, it is a good way to release betas.

Seems good now after wasting 2 hours trying different things... It justs fall in work : Valve + Workshop + BIS = 200 % bugs

Beta21 version :

-Fixed Typed test not displayed correctly since the lastest stable patch.

-New attempt to fix the drowning on longly JIP process.

-Attempt to fix the sometime flying man under aircraft/helo.

-Added a command line history (arrow up & down) in the command line field (Command line historic is shared among GMs)

-Improved GMs interface tooltips with some shortcut tips.

-Improved Shop feedback on Saving & Loading loadout.

-Improved Shop performance a bit with a lot of weapons loaded.

-Added Shop tooltips

-Fixed an issue with HC client bugging when dying.

-Fixed a multiple Weather sync event on client.

-Optimized VTS AI Micro management.

-VTS friendly name is now hidden (even if On in mission params) if Arma difficulty allow friendly name by default, to avoid redundant friendly tag display.

-Increase players slot per side up to 80.

-Restructured Default Side squads to follow military standard organization.

Edited by L etranger

B21 out. Lot of small improvements / bugfix

Edited by L etranger

Looking forward to getting it via Steam tonight.

Thanks!

I'm still having problems placing groups in the correct orientation. If I select a group, change the direction away from North, they will place North then shuffle to the direction I choose. Any way to get them to start in the correct orientation, without shuffling?

Meh, It's the BIS spawn group script... I'm not sure I m gonna put some time to fix it. Already spending too much time on workaround

Just noticed that one some circumstance Battleye=1 is just ruining a lot of Client/Server communication broking some function (ex : Broadcast music playlist, Players > Base...) . Seriously ?

Version B22:

-Optimized communication usage.

-Dead spectator now have a correct night-vision when dying.

-Disabled Clunky carry on shoulder animation when dragging a unconscious teammate.

-Fixed Music Play all conflict with Battleye.

-Fixed Payer to base conflict with Battleye.

-Fixed Remove NV conflict with Battleye.

-Unit/Group property now also allow to add NVG to units along removing them.

-Reduced map glitching when changing Brush size with Ctrl + Mouse wheel.

-New feature: Teleport on group leader from base.

-Improved Shop: Now able to read new method for compatible item listing.

-VTS Death message are now hidden if the Arma death message are activated (death message are still logged in the log)

Edited by L etranger

L Etranger, fantastic work...

But i think I am doing something really stupid...

I have downloaded the file from http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18841

In the zipped file i see the following files...

files.jpg

There doesnt appear to be a .PBO file to transfer across to the steam folder.

This is the first time ive come across this and perhaps something silly im doing ( or not doing lol)

Plus I have a severe dose of Man Flu ! sympathy is allowed :)

Thanks in advance for any help...

Yip

@Yip : This seems to be an old version ... It's weird there is extension to the filename, it should be :

co320_virtual-trainingspace-4-.altis.pbo

Edit :

Hich, also I noticed the link in the First page was linking to old version B21..

It's fixed now the First page link is directing to B22.

(If you downloaded from steamworkshop, you are fine)

@djtoothdecay - thanks, i never thought to do that, I should have but didnt, I blame the Man Flu !

@L etranger - Also thanks for the help, i will now download the newer version. Managed to use this script for a while last night and I have to say its fantastic, well done mate, keep it up!

Yip

B23 version :

-Updated Shop interface.

-Improved GM command line historic.

-Improved Shop performance with lot of addons loaded in memory.

-Seamless integration of UPSMON behavior : You can now have UPSMon AI behavior while keeping the ability to have perfect control via VTS ordering, and switch group behavior back and forth for your needs (eg: You can force a Go to point away on UPSMon group to stop it autonmous behavior, or turn Patrol 2 Point into a UPSmon Ambush).

-New orders : UPSMON fortify, UPSMON autonomous, UPSMON defend, UPSMON reinforcement, UPSMON Ambush.

-Fixed : Reviving a dead player with 0 life will reactive his ACRE if present.

-Updated Specator camera.

-Fixed GM camera key event handler still be present sometime even when the GM exited the freecam.

-Spawn on squad now require a minimum of 50M with the other member to work.

-Added a lower level of AI accuracy in mission param : Hollywood (lot of spread).

-Set the default level of AI accuracy to : Rookie - shaking hand.

-Adding a notification to use CTRL+V in the mission save/load function on VTS Arma 3 version.

-Fixed hostage not leaving the surrender state since last A3 patchs.

-New feature : VIP and Hostage now follow without entering group, henche being more reactive, copying your stance and following you in vehicle/building if there is room for them.

-Fixed : Formation dropbox hidding and not displaying again when going from Empty to other type of unit to spawn

-Improved GM interface spawn selection clarity

-Custom groups now appear in the beginning of the list.

-Adding GM tips when opening the GM ui

-Fixed : Units property NVG Off now remove all kind of NVGs

-Increase max View Distance possible with the VTS menu : 0 - 8 - 1 to 20 000m

-VIP unit now start directly in Careless behavior to avoid running away of firefight.

-Shop improvement : Now show Side of vehicles / UAV / items associated to a side or faction

-New function : vts_setHeight to spawn object at a specific height (ex : a platform in the sky for skydiving)

Edited by L etranger

Hello,

I don't find how to add our own scripts to the mission.

Thanks

Hello,

I don't find how to add our own scripts to the mission.

Thanks

Look into the mods folder you can hook any script to the different script run by the VTS at the init, client, headless, server, or onspawn. Cheers

I did some quick tests with beta 22 yesterday but I was unable to use the "paste from clipboard" feature. It's just doing nothing. Am I missing something ?

Thx.

When pressing Past it's doesnt work ?

If that is, you have to copy paste via CTRL+V because BIS disabled the paste feature of A3...

I'll add a notification for that.

L etranger, I've noticed that the "NVG off" button is only capable of removing the default (bluefor) NV Goggles. Opfor are now spawned with NVGoggles_OPFOR (and I guess indep are getting NVGoggles_INDEP ).

Another issue, but may be related to Arma directly and not VTS: I can't make the setovercast command work. Is it overridden by the rain setting ?

Thx.

Right now Arma 3 weather change is clunky, the time to change weather doesn't work on all weather commands (you have to skiptime). Also the rain and overcast are randomized with rain, which mean on multiplayer, players couldn't have the same fog and visibility (Yeah -_-) so with the VTS on Arma3 I overwrite and instant apply any weather change to make sure everybody and the server have the same weather environment to avoid server AI to have 500 M visibility, player 1 200 M and player 2 600 M visibility etc...

I'll take a look on the NV stuff.