l etranger

VTS 4.0 - Live Multiplayer Mission Creating Tool for A3

A3MP was not enabled in server mods, all solved, thanks! :)

Have there been any reports that the Vest is clearing its inventory after awhile. So noone in the sqauds can have any equipment in their Vests, as then its poof gone. Seems like there is a emptyVest - thing thats going on.. ? Ive tried with a clean VTS, and it occours with few people and many (upto 30players on server).

Is there anything that have been reported or known fact so to say ?

Have there been any reports that the Vest is clearing its inventory after awhile. So noone in the sqauds can have any equipment in their Vests, as then its poof gone. Seems like there is a emptyVest - thing thats going on.. ? Ive tried with a clean VTS, and it occours with few people and many (upto 30players on server).

Is there anything that have been reported or known fact so to say ?

Never heard of that. I know session of 50 People on a server using huge amount of addons and never heard of that kind of issue. There is no code in VTS managing vest over time. Are you people gearing up with the SHOP ? by copying loadout from your allies or are you using individual personal loadout ?

What addons are you using?

Update pushed

B30 version :

-Added : Swim bugfix in the menu command 0 - 8 - 4 to fix the new swim animations stuck bug of Arma 3 1.10 patch

-Improvement : vts_isVIPtoCapture now have los check eye orientation to valid target moral lose

-Improvement : vts_isVIPtoCapture unit should flee lees often after surrendering

-Improvement : vts_isVIPtoCapture can now be neutralized in fist range

-Improvement : vts_isVIPtoCapture surrender condition more coherent now

-Shop Improvement : Weapons attachments has been moved to a new category : 'W. Items'

-Shop New feature : (GM only) Empty current list / Fill current list, that allow GMs to clean/fill the specificied category (ex : Remove all 'W. Items' of the shop if you want the player to only play with iron sight)

-Shop Improvement : Optimization for big listing

-Load/Save Change : The array of weapons unlock and count is now more nested for faster performance (make sure to convert old build if necessary).

-Load/Save change : Weapon unlocks now use ' instead of "" inside the string. That shouldn't affect you if you don't use equipment restriction, else you will have to update your saved data.

-Fixed : Autoscroll implemented in Arma 3 1.10 patch

-Improvement : Load & Save build performance with big shop change list.

-Added : Error message when client world differ from server world (to help tracking bad Server/Player installation)

-Improvement : Change class unit equipment is now linked to shop availability (IE : using a class with gear not in shop will have this gear stripped out)

-Added : Animals are now spawnable in the Object side

-Fixed : Copying Ally loadout making the Ally to put his weapon on his shoulder

-Fixed : VTS Revive, Dead medic player were still able to revive people close to their body

-Added : Ability to put weapon on back 0 - 8 - 6

It was my loadoutscript that messed out with the Vest.

My other question, if JIP is it possible to spawn in AI spot where your "body" is.

So when I disconnect, and reconnect; I would like to spawn in my old body instead of in base. The problem I have is that players JIP and then bugs me ;) with Teleport back..

Just let them use the spawn on squad from the shop.

Respawning on the same spot would be linked to the respawn system, and to avoid abuse it would require to also save player state when disconnecting, it could be troublesome compatibility wise with other mods/addons to have this kind of behavior

Move him, as admin, in another slot before he does so.

b31 version :

-Fixed : Shop frenzy auto scrolling since A3 1.10 (at least ?)

-Fixed : Shop not showing correctly some custom item (was mixed with weapon attachements list)

-Fixed : Joining group via group manager will now let leader to associate team color correctly (Hopefully)

-Improvement : Group manager is now squad manager

-Improvement : Squad manager now allow player to join Fireteam (red,blue,green,yellow)

-Improvement : Squad manager ergonomic

-Fixed : Sometime a player would not join the correct team (hopefully)

-Fixed : VTS revive sometime would not let you revive body close to you because visible pos is too far away from real pos

-Improvement : Change default Terrain LOD to high to fix flying object (doesn't have much impact on performance btw)

-Change : Building & object marker shapes are now only displayed for GMs

Edited by L etranger

Hi L etranger!

First of all, thank you for your continued work on this mission, been using it for almost everything in the past 6 months!

Since the last BIS patch it seems that the AI can no longer patrol normally. They just walk slowly, pointing their weapons and seem to be in an "alert" state. Only get this issue spawning a group, not a single unit. If the single unit gets interrupted however, it too gets back into the patrolling pattern with weapon drawn. Running it on a dedicated server if that makes any difference.

Also in the new Beta 30 of VTS i can no longer get XMedSys items to show in the shop, works perfectly fine still on Beta 29, any ideas?

Thanks!

@Trixie : Thanks for your kind word.

-About the units it's a bug from BIS you have the same issue with safe patrol waypoint in the mission editor.

-x39 may have change the items type of the items or I may have screw the partioning; I'll take a look. Xmedsys beta 2

edit : I did forget a check for items list partitioning

Edited by L etranger

Affirmative, Beta 0.2.2 i believe it is.

Is there any way to get around this AI issue or are we stuck with it until next BIS patch?

I would stay we are stuck with, they anim tree seems to be broke since the last patch, it's worth if try to swim dive, sometime you just find yourself stuck with only up and down navigation...

I see you found the problem with items, much appreciated and looking forward to that fix!

While i remember it i would like to ask if there is a chance VTS will include a more in-depth parachute/HALO function in the future? Much like a few scripts and addons that have been released recently that allows you to jump with a bag and/or attach a chemlight to yourself etc. Perhaps Group Leaders could have the option to initialize a HALO jump for the entire group from the shop? Not really anything that's super important or needed, but would be cool nonetheless!

@Trixie : VTS is fully dynamic oriented for compatibility wise and evolution of Engine and addons. Having this kind of feature would be redundant with other addon if this kind and may cause incompatibility issue if one is also present in VTS. While using a fine set of external addons, you ensure a great control and good compatibility over your game experience.

I would say currently for the best HALO experience, use the FSF chest pack and the MV22/AirAltis_pack. Gear your group, get in da choppa, ask a pilot to fly you out very high, wait for him to give you the green light to jump on your HALO zone, jump ... Enjoy :)

You are probably right! Thanks for all the help and keep up the very good work!

I have a question! Is it possible to use the @alive mod on this mission!? If yes, how do we put the modules and link them!?

By the way L etranger keep up the excelent work. ;) this mission it's amazing, my squad is more intrested in A3 than before. Being able to make the missions on-the-fly and with very diferent objectives,... it's very captivating. ;)

^^ Yes it is ... very easy to do actually. They play very nicely together. You have to set your ALiVE mission first however. There is no way to change zones on the fly.

I am also very interested in getting ALiVE working with VTS! could anyone help give some direction on how to do this? :)

Loving VTS L etranger, thanks for all your efforts!

^^ Yes it is ... very easy to do actually. They play very nicely together. You have to set your ALiVE mission first however. There is no way to change zones on the fly.
I am also very interested in getting ALiVE working with VTS! could anyone help give some direction on how to do this? :)

Loving VTS L etranger, thanks for all your efforts!

So i have to edit the VTS mission on the editor to add the ALiVE modules!? Thats It!?

Yup. Easy stuff. Create a mission you want with ALiVE then, using editor, mix the two sqm together.

How you do this? because VTS is PBO so is not possible to mix it. at least it only let me merge mission that I made or have the SQM file.

I tried to extract the PBO contents but it did not worked.

Start editor, place one unit, save the file and see WHERE on your hdd it saves it. De-PBO VTS and copy its mission.sqm OVER the test mission you just made. Find your ALiVE mission you want and make a new folder where the other test folder was. Start editor, open the ALiVE mission, MERGE VTS mission.sqm and save ... DO NOT PREVIEW!

Go to your test folder and take the mission.sqm and drop it back into VTS. PBO it up (or leave it as is) .. et voila ... one VTS/ALiVE mission.