l etranger

VTS 4.0 - Live Multiplayer Mission Creating Tool for A3

Looking good! One thing I was thinking about .... let's say I make a sniper and place him in a building, but forgot to set this skill (and it defaults to 0.3) is it possible to change his skill on the fly, or would I have to delete him and start again?

Another thing I noticed is that when units are engaged they seem to set themselves a few waypoints, while others don't (and keep their original S&D waypoint). Is this planned ? I also don't see units coming off combat when not engaged for a long time. How does that work?

We now need a repository to place all the VTS manual setups etc, like gonza showed in his video :)

EDIT: There is a real problem with group behaviour Letranger. I have now checked the game on vanilla DEV version doing the exact same setup in VTS as the editor ... this is what I do.

1) Place 1x BLUFOR group (on aware) and just watch them. In VTS some of the troops (normally left side of wedge) move erratically and start wandering off somewhere. In editor no movement.

2) Do as above but this time set them S&D waypoint. In VTS same erratic behaviour from some of the troops. In editor they move around as normal.

So there must be a bug in creating the group somehow. Let me know what other tests I can do to confirm it for you.

Edited by Kremator
Still getting formation problem

This one is hard to reproduce, It seem to be due to slope mainly. I'll add a layer after the bis function to put the unit abit above the ground to see if it help.

I can place the exact same group in the exact same place and they are fine in the editor but they go a little crazy in VTS. Hopefully you can find the source of the problem.

I don't think it IS me - anyone else see this strange group behaviour? Maybe I'll create a video to show you.

Oh and any news on on the new Notification command that is in the DEV version (instead of a hint)?

About the spawn group I can reproduce it but not 100% and I don't have the issue on flat ground so My guess about the slope. Notification is fine right now and compatible with A2, I'm not sure A3 notifications are usefull for VTS. The last time I saw them, they were more for informing multiples missions objectives changes than one.

Ok, I'm repositioning the spawned group a little. Let me know if you are still the issue with this test version (And in this version their is a special new feature, use holdbreath/zoom near a cover)

Edited by L etranger

Seems to be working fine now. Good job! Will keep you posted if I see it again.

I can't seem to get the special feature working however! In a group, me personally, in camera view ?

Also if i set a S&D waypoint with a 250m the troops dont seem to want to move anything more than about 10m. Shouldn't they go the full radius (or a random amount within that ?)

Edited by Kremator

S&D is not very a good waypoint AI just go to the waypoint then search for a short distance (depending of the vehicle speed, soldier is slow). For the new feature use the + from the keypad then.

Ahhh nice new feature! Shhhhh. Needs to be a little more 'sticky' and more effective, but I like it !

We can deploy gun with the + of the numpad :love: I really love this feature (it was one of the best of ace) !

Thx l'etranger and continu you hard work.

the filter function in the shop is very useful, don't forget to use it.

Next beta work in progress :

-Fixed : unit in building would not move out of building on dedicated server when GM giving a new order.

-Fixed : Group spawn in slope could have an unit with wrong movement behavior.

-Improved Custom group : Spawning units with a different side should be more efficient (no more ofpfor shooting themself when spawned on bluefor).

-New feature : A timer GM can launch on all client (JIP compatible).

-Improved Shop : Now show your avatar when equipping.

-Improved Shop : Removed unlock system and replaced it by an Item count (GM can now setup the ammount of different items available, and player can still their stuff in the shop to store them for later mission).

-Improved Shop: Increased shop distance detection for sell-able vehicle in proximity.

-Fixed : Uniform from different side are no more displayed in the shop (to avoid multiplayer uniform equipement bug).

-Fixed : Stuttering in Spectator camera mode when a following an unit.

-Improved : Filling interior & Populate should have less swimming unit inside.

-Improved : Filling interior & populate should be less performance killer now.

-Modification : Populate only spawn civilian unit & empty vehicles now. (Use fill roads to have civilian moving vehicle).

-Improved game master interface performance.

-Improved Hostage behavior : Hostage on follow will automatically move in formation to the player.

-Improved Revive : Revive actions are now JIP compatible, dragged player should be detached more correctly now.

-Improved Revive : Now displaying time left before reviving an unconscious comrade.

-Improved shop : Goggle panel is now gear panel and contain all uniform / helmet / goggles, while gear panel is now item panel and contain all items and weapons attachment.

-Improved shop : persistent load-outs are now always accessible, but don't load items not available in the shop.

-Improved Shop : Selected weapon on player list now display compatible mags & items in the shop list.

-Fixed : Civilian side on Arma 3 was hostile to everyone, the VTS is now forcing them to be neutral to everyone.

-Added : Targetbase filter in object > object listing.

-Added : New revive option "Last stand", players can't respawn but can be revived. If the timer, while bleeding, reach 0, they cannot be revived anymore and are switched in spectator mode.

-Fixed : unconscious player cannot throw things anymore.

-Improved Spawning ammo : now spawn them in Air if the ammo is not a kind of mine or grenade (usefull for LGB, Flare etc...)

-Improved AI Micro management : AI can now be alerted by hearing nearby ACRE speaking player (only if ACRE is used).

-Improved AI Micro management : AI now take notice of gunfire from farer distance and behind hill (affected if player use silencer or not).

-Fixed : With Revive system, sometime we were unable to release dragged comrade by ourself inside buildings.

-Fixed : using the "players to respawn" function was killing swimming unit.

-New feature: Logs function. Allow GMs to keep track of death, revive, respawn, & VTS interactions activities during the session.

-Improved : Weapon randomize now use a 2D brush

-Improved Time sync : Now player should be resync to the server time every 120s to avoid ingame time desync on long session.

-Improved spawner : Workaround to fix bugged addons spawning on a different side than the one displayed in the computer.

-Fixed : Change side was not working on all kind of ship.

-Improved Filling interior function : Fixed bug where unit where not spawning correctly and Unit filled are now handled by the AI micromanagement (if activated)

-Improved : Populate with civilian should be less intensive now.

-Fixed : Communication menu in A3 was not working correctly (to change view distance locally or open the group manager)

-Improved : Spawn wreck script now compatible with A3

-New order : Transport unload (make groups inside a vehicle handled by another group, to unboard it).

Edited by L etranger

Have you had a play with the loiter waypoint ? Someone was posting that loiter is useful for choppers to keep them circling an area. Possible to put it into the waypoints ? Will be using that one :)

Anyway I noticed that the behaviour is much improved for groups now - well done.

Is it also possible to have a FORTIFY waypoint behaviour so that they will take positions in houses and mount weapons/searchlights if present ? This is obviously different from the patrol buildings waypoint.

EDIT: further playing would be awesome with something like the TPW_AI suppression scripts running :)

EDIT: thinking about the bipods, it would perhaps be more beneficial to press space to lock the bipod on (and therefore the person in it) and space to remove that bipod and stance. I think ACE2 has the space for bipod key. Also need to be able to pull out bipod when prone anywhere.

Edited by Kremator

AIA bug with VTS

Hi guys...

First, just want to say Big up for this very nice VTS, that we love me and my team.

But... we have a very bad bug, that we can't fix, that's why i'm writing to you...

We dream about playing AIA and VTS together.

But it work ONLY on stratis. ON every other map (arma 2 map ), when we try to place unit ( every unit, in 2D or 3D ), unit are flying in the sky, or swim, or bug....

Impossible to place anything on the map...

We play via Steam dedicated server on a windows.

Except this fuck*** problem, all works properly.

Hope some of you can help us !

Thanks

AIA bug with VTS

Hi guys...

First, just want to say Big up for this very nice VTS, that we love me and my team.

But... we have a very bad bug, that we can't fix, that's why i'm writing to you...

We dream about playing AIA and VTS together.

But it work ONLY on stratis. ON every other map (arma 2 map ), when we try to place unit ( every unit, in 2D or 3D ), unit are flying in the sky, or swim, or bug....

Impossible to place anything on the map...

We play via Steam dedicated server on a windows.

Except this fuck*** problem, all works properly.

Hope some of you can help us !

Thanks

Hello Donovan, a friend of mine had this issue too, which happened because he didn't installed AIA correctly on the dedicated server. Could it be your issue? (wrong shortcut or addons not correctly loaded on the server?)

Can I add the proper files to a multiplayer lvl server and have me and a freind the only ones able to access it while others play a different mission.

Can I add the proper files to a multiplayer lvl server and have me and a freind the only ones able to access it while others play a different mission.

If you mean using the VTS with another mission ? I'd say it's you could merge the files but the result could be really buggy. The VTS is mean to be launch to make a mission live by a dedicated mission maker (the game master). Then the GM can join the player to play the mission he made if he want.

-Fixed : unit in building would not move out of building on dedicated server when GM giving a new order.

-Improved Custom group : Spawning units with a different side should be more efficient (no more ofpfor shooting themself when spawned on bluefor).

Sounding really sweet!

Idea: Spy class. You can change uniform to the enemy, and as long as you do not shoot, you are treated as one of them. On shooting however, you turn as enemy. Possible or just setCaptive?

There is some issue with this, is that you can't take uniform of enemy side unit, and doing a automatized system would be too specific complex in the VTS scope (with the ability to change group, side etc). I'm not sure of the best way to achieve this to have it in a smooth flow. On our side we doing this kind of operation the hard way : the GM change the side of the infiltrating player group, they equip, they insert, and when the GM feel it good, he switch them back to the original side. It require an intensive GM management :( because If he want to know when to stop the infiltration.

No problem ... just random ideas I get from time to time :)

What about a restrict area option? Players not allowed outside of that area .. marked by minefields?

No problem ... just random ideas I get from time to time :)

What about a restrict area option? Players not allowed outside of that area .. marked by minefields?

You can already do it by spawning ammo mine and put markers on map :)

I finished the big shop update !

-Now you can see yourself when equiping.

-Unlock system has been modified to allow accurate items count in the shop, and player can sell their items to reuse them later with the correct count :)

Since the shop modifications are bit critical here a new test version of the upcoming Beta 08 : here for those who want to like to help stress it out :)

With this current changelog : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147821-VTS-3-5-Live-Multiplayer-Coop-mission-editor-for-A3&p=2398909&viewfull=1#post2398909

Then new shop with Load/Save function is now perfect for Resistance multi session coop campaign.

Edited by L etranger

Is there an option to disable Player/Enemy Markers for the Admin? If not it'd be great to see one!

EDIT: Found it, dunno how i could've been so blind :p

Edited by mantls

-Improved Shop : Removed unlock system and replaced it by an Item count (GM can now setup the ammount of different items available, and player can still their stuff in the shop to store them for later mission).

-Improved Shop: Increased shop distance detection for sell-able vehicle in proximity.

-Fixed : Uniform from different side are no more displayed in the shop (to avoid multiplayer uniform equipement bug).

-Fixed : Stuttering in Spectator camera mode when a following an unit.

-Improved : Filling interior & Populate should have less swimming unit inside.

-Modification : Populate only spawn civilian unit & empty vehicles now. (Use fill roads to have civilian moving vehicle).

-Improved game master interface performance.

-Improved Hostage behavior : Hostage on follow will automatically move in formation to the player.

-Improved Revive : Revive actions are now JIP compatible, dragged player should be detached more correctly now.

-Improved Revive : Now displaying time left before reviving an unconscious comrade.

-Improved shop : Goggle panel is now gear panel and contain all uniform / helmet / goggles, while gear panel is now item panel and contain all items and weapons attachment.

-Improved Shop : Selected weapon on player list now display compatible mags & items in the shop list.

-Fixed : Civilian side on Arma 3 was hostile to everyone, the VTS is now forcing them to be neutral to everyone.

-Added : Targetbase filter in object > object listing.

-Added : New revive option "Last stand", players can't respawn but can be revived. If the timer, while bleeding, reach 0, they cannot be revived anymore and are switched in spectator mode.

-Fixed : unconscious player cannot throw things anymore.

-Improved Spawning ammo : now spawn them in Air (usefull for LGB, Flare etc...)

-Improved AI Micro management : AI can now be alerted by hearing nearby ACRE speaking player (only if ACRE is used).

-Fixed : With Revive system, sometime we were unable to release dragged comrade by ourself inside buildings.

-Fixed : using the "players to respawn" function was killing swimming unit.

-New feature: Logs function. Allow GMs to keep track of death, revive, respawn, & VTS interactions activities during the session.

Good changelog, i love the new shop.

This is absolutely awesome and very well done. Will use and follow progress. Huge thanks!