SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Occasionally a unit freezes up. I don't know if this is a ArmA problem or if it is due to some code in WLA.

It seems like the unit stops executing its FSM or anim or whatever.

Using your "Unstuck selected unit(s)" doesn't help. All it does, is move the unit to a different position, but making the unit execute it's FSM or anim or whatever again, doesn't work.

I read that AI does that in vanilla A3, but I've actually only seen it myself in WLA, so I don't know.

Anyone got any idea how to wake them up?

Cheers :)

Did you try to report them as "dead"? Should be 5-8 on your keyboard (just an idea, reporting as dead fixed such things a while ago)

Strange, havent yet seen that happen, but added now an enablesimulation-command for the unit when unstuck function is used, if it would help. Will be in next mission update soon.

Before that you can try writing {_x enablesimulation true;} foreach units group player; in esc menu and press exec.

Did you try to report them as "dead"? Should be 5-8 on your keyboard (just an idea, reporting as dead fixed such things a while ago)

Good idea, but didn't work. :/

All that happens is, he gets removed from group, then rejoins, gives me his gridcoords, but is still stock.

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

Strange, havent yet seen that happen, but added now an enablesimulation-command for the unit when unstuck function is used, if it would help. Will be in next mission update soon.

Before that you can try writing {_x enablesimulation true;} foreach units group player; in esc menu and press exec.

Doesn't do the trick either.

I even tried to use enableAI but no luck either.

I guess it is an A3 bug and when it happens, they are done for.

Hmm... A thought... I wonder what would happen if you added an experimental function to recreate a unit, one that would create a new one identical to the one being bugged and then delete the bugged unit.

Edited by stlassen

If you fast-travel or respawn, the team-mates are cloned.

If you fast-travel or respawn, the team-mates are cloned.

Worth trying out. :)

I discovered this:

"Hardy" seems to be indured, but only "James" the medic can heal him, so I order him to do so.

"James" runs up to "Hardy" and begins to heal him, but as he finished up and gets ready to leave the heal-animation, he doesn't leave... He ("James"/medic) just sits there and "Hardy" is stuck in this stance being healed.

If I order "James" away, he moves away, but "Hardy" is still stuck and he stays stuck.

"James", it turns out, is also indured, so I ordered him to treat himself, but because of the "Hardy"/"James" issue, he goes into an endless loop of treating himself.

Why "Hardy" won't heal in the first place, I don't know.

I will now try the fast-travel.

---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

Update

Fast travel does bring the unit back. :)

However the underlying problem is still there, because if I then, after the fast-travel, repeat the process, it happens again.

I did a little more experimenting and found that it seems to be tied into the healing animation.

I found, though, that if the healing doesn't finish, if I order the injured to move before ordering the medic to move, they are still under my control.

Very weird bug. Will have to do more testing and see if I can recreate this outside of WLA, because if I can, it's worth reporting to BIS. Only thing is I have only seen this happen in WLA.

i believe that is a vanilla bug, not WLA

what i do is equip my pistol and shoot the "injured unit" to lower his health even more for the medic to properly heal him

i believe if your(any unit) above 90+ health and you try to heal him this bug occurs

also happened during campaign when an explosion only chipped my HP, i asked for a medic and the medic only kept looping the healing animation until he says "cannot comply"

@SaOk

you need to separate the button when gathering equipment and disassembling a car when near a factory

i only wanted to gather the medkits but also disassembled my construction car at the same time

Edited by xrook

Any way of getting a revive script in there???

this is a new task i never got before

"defend supply road"

my question is who leaves 3 important fuel trucks unguarded, in the middle of the road? anyway i would understand it if the trucks engine got damaged somehow and the drivers are stranded until help arrives (AKA us)

Edited by xrook

Using the Shift+1 > Mil center > Call in platoon to call in Support vehicles, I've experienced strange things.

Doing this puts them on the map as a HC group. Fine. :)

But they drive all over the place, sometimes like their lives depended on it. If I order them to go to a specific place, they may or may not go there, even if I do it in small steps. Not much control this way.

So I decided to bring them out of HC and into my team.

Two times I called in 3 and 4 support vehicles, one of each. When I pulled them out of HC and into my team, one and two of the vehicles just disappeared into thin air (as if being despawned). Still lost the prestige.

Then I called in one support vehicle, but I cannot control it's HC group, so it is just driveing aimlessly around in the general area like being a racedriver (I think he thinks he is driver a kart :D ).

I'm unsure why this is happening, but maybe they should be spawned in differently.

Cheers

SaOk,

just thought about more methods to make the Insertion on Altis, maybe u could add a HALO jump insertion, would be great in my opinion, very immersive :)

this yours?

Error in expression <i" from 0 to _fadetime step _delay do {

_grpIconColor set [0,(_grpIconColor sele>

Error position: <_grpIconColor set [0,(_grpIconColor sele>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _grpiconcolor

File A3\modules_f\marta\data\scripts\fnc_effect.sqf, line 35

Error in expression <_difR = ((_grpIconColorEnd select 0) - (_grpIconColor select 0)) * _step;

_difG >

Error position: <_grpIconColor select 0)) * _step;

_difG >

Error Undefined variable in expression: _grpiconcolor

File A3\modules_f\marta\data\scripts\fnc_effect.sqf, line 29

Error in expression <i" from 0 to _fadetime step _delay do {

_grpIconColor set [0,(_grpIconColor sele>

-----

BUG:

somethings wrong with the 'resume' feature of your mission, your random task that you obtained (repair vehicle, destroy hidden enemy vehicle etc.) dont transfer when you do a new game "resume"

oh and yeah mortar support isnt also transfered, the one you get after meating geowhateverhiswhas for the 2nd time

Edited by xrook

hey guys,

love this mission. I'm restarting WLS after an A3 update ruined my savegame some months ago. Is there a way to temp. disable the HUD / Overlay showing the stats ?

thanks

I think no, overlay is always present for me but i am not sure if it´s possible to disable it, maybe SaOk knows a solution

I will improve that action button soon. Revive would be nice, but will see. Probably wont focus on that until getting mission more complete. Will rework the defend supply road event or even remove it. The support vehicle call is very buggy, should make my own function for that instead using the unstable support waypoint. Those trucks get very easily destroyed before they reach anything.

Halo insertion could be nice, may work on that soon. Cant prevent that bis error. For the earlier one I found a solution (needed to enable one variable for player after each respawn), but that comes from deleted AI group. The sidetasks arent saved. Not yet possible to toggle off UI, but may add option for that in WLA.

When playing your mission i can use HALO Jump with MCC, its really cool when you break through the clouds at night and you see the citys shining in the night :)

New smaller WLA SP update. New resume button (to skip the start options), added time multiplier option +much tweaks/fixes.

More settings are saved and loaded when resuming, but only after next time saving with the settings set.

Edit: Hotfix released. The start options wasnt displayed if custom savegame wasnt detected.

Edited by SaOk

Will rework the defend supply road event or even remove it

dont remove it, something new and different for players to do is a good thing, your new side chain task "black hawk down" is actually a good addition (if only you could add more of it but of course not yet as you should prioritize on what you have first)

something fresh = good, turning tasks into a todo chore = bad

the defend supply road just need some adjustments to make it more immersive than just an empty shell of a task, you could probably even turn it into another chain task

edit:

speaking of task, your task obtained from civilians, friendlies, and POWs can be abused into repetition- and thats bad. adding a sleep timer or changing the dialogue path should fix it

ex. of POW dialogue

--> ask if has surrendered --> ask if he as information --> if yes --> get information & send to pow cell automatically or if no pow cell then delete unit (to prevent repetition of obtaining task)
\                                                            \
 --> send to pow cell                                        --> if no -->  send to pow cell automatically or if no pow cell then delete unit (to prevent repetition of obtaining task)

----

i keep crashing seconds later after capturing blue CSAT camp, do i have to do a new game 'resume' in each and every update?

-----

started new game

Error in expression < 0 == "TIMMUL") then {setTimeMultiplier (_x select 1);};

if (_x select 0 == "SAO>

Error position: <(_x select 1);};

if (_x select 0 == "SAO>

Error Missing ;

File missions\__cur_sp.altis\SaOkSave.sqf, line 372

Error in expression < 0 == "TIMMUL") then {setTimeMultiplier (_x select 1);};

if (_x select 0 == "SAO>

Error position: <(_x select 1);};

if (_x select 0 == "SAO>

Error Missing ;

File missions\__cur_sp.altis\SaOkSave.sqf, line 372

-----

and a few seconds later

Error in expression < then {TIMMUL = 60;};

setTimeMultiplier TIMMUL;

};

case "Max VZones": {

MAXACTIV>

Error position: <TIMMUL;

};

MAXACTIV>

Error Missing ;

File missions\__cur_sp.altis\StartDialog.sqf, line 170

Error in expression < then {TIMMUL = 60;};

setTimeMultiplier TIMMUL;

};

MAXACTIV>

Error position: <TIMMUL;

};

MAXACTIV>

Error Missing ;

File missions\__cur_sp.altis\StartDialog.sqf, line 170

Edited by xrook

Have you updated the game, setTimeMultiplier is a new command and will conflict with old game version. But checking now if its not yet included in official build for some reason. Will need to remove it then.

edit: setTimeMultiplier is also in the official build so seems like you havent updated the game (allowed the update).

Edited by SaOk

Not the mission, the game need to be up to date. Remember also to check the game files in steam that those arent corrupted.

Can there be a better system for gear? I love the mode but the way you have to get and equip gear is just horrible and i cant really play the game mode because of it, not sure if i'm the only one?

Can there be a better system for gear? I love the mode but the way you have to get and equip gear is just horrible and i cant really play the game mode because of it, not sure if i'm the only one?

i kind of agree

@SaOk

right now im sure a lot of people use some other kind of loadout mod to get their gear than using your 'gear feature'

to keep the third party loadout mod optional and to encourage people to actually use your 'gear feature', it first needs to be improved

can i suggest a blackmarket dealer? a civilian dressed in guerrilla outfit with a 3d marker above his head to tell he is a dealer.

he can sell everything in your 'gear feature' at a more expensive price

also before starting the game you should give us the option to buy things from your 'gear feature' at 0 price to set up our starting loadouts