SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

There is spawn limits for everything, but if there is growing slowdowns there could be some leaks elsewhere. Many have reported big savegame-files if using the game's own savegame system. Will look for possible data growing in my scripts unless its caused by mods or game itself. Will do longer playtests at some point.

your cutscenes, i dont know man, i dont think its working out, different is good but not always better... that or i find the campaign cinematic cutscenes much immersive, and i can move around while at it

The campaign cutscenes are in fixed places, cant compare to that. I prefer the not-eye cameras much more, else it reminds me of Call of Duty and I want to stay as much away from that as possible. But still work to do with the current system. Didnt got yet detecting work if actor is blocking the camera view. Only lately noticed the lineintersec check cant be used for units. Need to create own check for that, should be quite easy at the end. Will also rework the cams, for some reason the camera is sometimes placing behind the actor. Will also add close face cams and maybe some random enviroment cams showing random nearby traffic and mysterious sheeps. Working on the cutscenes at some point.

Edit: Fixed that mortar crew surrendering and stucking. Only units outside of vehicles (including static guns) should surrender in future.

Edited by SaOk

never played CoD, but i play in third person (hit num enter) (ghost recon FS point of view) as soon as the cutscene starts, so maybe thats why i like it

----

Bug:

surrendering mortar units are stuck with their mortars

temp fix:

shooting their mortar until they pop out like some power up coming from a box

Edited by xrook

After killing "Fox Crow" and speaking with new leader he gives me his mortar crew to use but every time I ask for its support I always get an out of firing range message. Where on the map is the mortar crew located?

Its placed near random friendly camp. Will tweak it. As bigger issue the mortar/artillery support work again badly often not appearing at all in the 0-8. Something changed again the in the game scripts. Will try to correct it, but would be maybe better to create own system for that.

why not turn it into a nearby friendly mortar zone? enemies have theirs, why not ours?

I think the mortar is at the Greenforces Base Camp, its often close to the main Airfield.

@ SaOk

Did you noticed that on Chernarus there is always such strange Windnoise? Even when i set the wind to a value of 0.1 it sounds like on a path to the MountEverest, too windy for my ears. This makes me sadly not using this map :(

Bug:

your manned static weapons have a mind of its own, even if the soldier using it is dead

i was capturing a CSAT blue base and kept wondering what killed me over and over again until i finally noticed the static weapon firing on its own

loaded one more time and simple bullets cant kill it, it had to be a GL

edit: specifically a static HMG w/ stands

also just now after capturing it, i died because an enemy charge spawned

edit2: simple bullets CAN kill it, just takes time

Edited by xrook

Thats a game bug, i think when health is below 75% they are lying on the ground and still operating the HMG´s and GMG´s...

the pic i posted earlier is already my territory but i still see spawning enemy radio towers and enemy CSAT /w captured civilians that i have to rescue

edit:

NATO and Green base camps are extremely large but still restricted by the 5 static | 4 man limit

Edited by xrook

Sooo... I ordered in a platoon, being a single chopper and it flew the opposite way, away from me and then just stupidly around in some area ending up being shot down.

Aaaand... I was out driving when I heard an explosion. I turned around and saw my other vehicle had exploded, apparently for being parked too close to a wall. Where it had been parked for hours. Too close being at least 1 meter away.

Also... I was running along the road, backwards, when suddenly I died without warning... The killer was... taadaa... ME! ???? What? I killed myself? Guess I couldn't handle the pressure of war any longer.

Cheers ;)

im finally at the point where my teammates wont bother shooting anymore despite them already seeing an enemy,

it kinda reminded me of DUWS when it has reached a point of 400-700 units roaming the map

is it possible to add a vehicle zone limit at the start options? 30 for both sides? i also hope the limit would solve the enemy vehicle zone clogging up one area around 1k radius

as you can see at the pic i posted earlier theres like 21 vehicle zone clogged up in there and i dont know how to handle that...

maybe if i send like a similar amount of vehicle zones of my own and wait for them to fight it out in the virtual battle?? but that would take a lot of time waiting

I agree with xrook about maybe less vehicles or at least an option to reduce the amount. I love this mission and is all that I play single player. I play a lot of special forces with very limited capability to take out lots and lots of vehicles which means I am spending most of my time running away in my unarmored offroader. Still, fantastic mission and keep up the amazing work.

Will continue tweaking, but if you go fighting there, only 2 vehicle zones are active at one time (as default). You cant compare this to other missions, nothing works with 400-700 active units on map. Already 100 is massive hit for FPS even there wouldnt be anything else. If having that much units, there is simulation disabled used for most of the units. This concept is based on different idea. I dont keep units waiting where player isnt currently visiting.

Keeping eye on possible performance leaks, still that could also be mods (big %) or the game itself (much smaller %).

my current mod list isnt as different from before, just updated to latest

Maybe during this month or early next month. Would like to enter the COOP version at some condition in the MANW competition too, but main focus is on SP version and it will still need much work.

SP update: Have been working on new tasks and updated other features. Next update in few days.

Edited by SaOk

how many bugs have you worked on in your unreleased update so far?

Edited by xrook

New WLA SP update. Many vehicles can now carry crates, more tasks, added double-clicking/draging for gear/crate options. Other small additions/tweaks/fixes.

More updates in near days.

CSAT assaulting a beach and I was sent there to defend.

They fell into the water about 200 m. out to sea in full battle gear.

I waited till they got close <100 m. and then started to pick them out one by one as they struggled to avoid my bullets, drowning while trying to get ashore.

When the closed was about 75 m. out and I was still shooting them down one by one, the mission failed saying they had taken the beach...

Even though all they did was swim and die by my bullets.

Good to know, will recheck that event. They used boats before.

Good to know, will recheck that event. They used boats before.

:) They still use boats. I guess they went into the water because I started shooting at the boats and as they got damaged, they ejected. :)

Some vehicles being spawned that are set to "this allowDamage false;" For example, I met an ifrit in a town I couldn't destroy.

Suggestion:- If you must use "this allowDamage false;" set a timer on it to destroy it or allow damage.