SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Why? I dont know, it sounds logic to me. Or did you think in this Thread here are no requests what Users would love to see changed? Feel free to go back a few pages and count the amounts of wishes to different mechanics/Weapons/whatsoever...

In my opinion it should be easier to change 1 key from a mod which have 1 function and tell it to the crowd instead changing a key from a mod/mission which has a couple of more functions, subscribers & active users which are using this keys since the 1st day of the mission. A change to these and the confusion would be great and not necessary ^^

(That is no offense, only my personal art to think) :)

IMO mod makers should utilize CBA key handling if they use keys.

Mission builders on the other hand, should try to avoid using shortcut keys as much as possible. Context sensitive menu actions and if absolutely needed, possibly a single or two shortcut keys that open up a centralized action menu/dial. And if keys are used, they should be changeable, like they should in mods. Too many shortcut keys in a mission, detracts IMO from it's playability.

NB! I distinguish between mods and missions.

---------- Post added at 07:59 ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 ----------

When you skip time (resting), shouldn't prestige increase by the amount it normally would have during that time?

Right now it doesn't increase at all.

if you need Prestigepoints use this command and the amount of points you need: pisteet=yourvalue;

HA! :D Yeah, well, cheating is always possible, but that was not the point.

Prestige increases over time. If you wait, sleep, for awhile, it should increase during that time. I consider it a bug that it doesn't.

The AI is cheating permanent, so this should be allowed for own purpose.

You know this bug: get a HEMTT Box Truck to get theBuilding/Prestigepoints Ratio of x0.6. Usually the Tank cost 100, with this HEMTT Box only 60. But you can sell it for 100 again after payed only 60^^

Legit Prestigepoint tweak :P

The AI is cheating permanent, so this should be allowed for own purpose.

You know this bug: get a HEMTT Box Truck to get theBuilding/Prestigepoints Ratio of x0.6. Usually the Tank cost 100, with this HEMTT Box only 60. But you can sell it for 100 again after payed only 60^^

Legit Prestigepoint tweak :P

hehe :smiley-evil:

Yes, I know.

Also a bug. :) The value should be set as a variable on the object. :)

---------- Post added at 10:08 ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 ----------

LAG MONSTER report

I'm pretty early in the mission.

I'm at base wolf.

FPS is around 25-32

Opening dialogs, like the construction view (shift+c) or WLA Menu (shift+1) etc., takes several seconds (~3+ seconds). To activate any of the dialogs functions also takes that amount of time.

When placing an object from the construction view, take that amount of time, but also when I want to move the object around, it reacts slow, so a lot of lag.

Actually, the reaction time is as if FPS is <10.

I've also noticed that, that lag is also slowing down other mods running too.

At the base I've placed a lot of walls (military walls). Can they be the cause of the slowdown? Do you have some array with placed objects that is being iterated?

I always thought that this slowdown which you have actually that they are cause some mod is conflicting.

But this theory is old, meanwhile i think it´s something with the loadorder of the mods you start with the mission.

I know this slowdown very good, placing some bunkers or walls is near impossible. It´s like placing with Alcohol+Crack+What ever of Shit drugs ^^ ;)

I always thought that this slowdown which you have actually that they are cause some mod is conflicting.

But this theory is old, meanwhile i think it´s something with the loadorder of the mods you start with the mission.

I know this slowdown very good, placing some bunkers or walls is near impossible. It´s like placing with Alcohol+Crack+What ever of Shit drugs ^^ ;)

HAHA! Yep! :D

Yeah, probably mod related, but was just some thoughts that occurred to me.

About loadorder... I don't know... Might be.

Are there any definitive set order defined somewhere out there, that is a must-do? Or is this also just an endless time consuming process?

It seems to me good knowledge of mods inner workings is sometimes needed to find the best order.

Also what I've read about mod order, is kind of contradictory. One place says CBA absolutely has to be first. An other that it should be last. And yet an other that it doesn't matter, because CBA makes sure it is loaded at the correct time. And if that is true for CBA, what about other mods?! *sigh*

Yes, this will be a secret forever i think. Especially when you want to have 45 mods loaded, what to do, listen to instinct or trying to sort by your own.

I can tell so much: it makes no difference (in my opinion) if i choose the CBA,then AiA TP and then the rest of the mods or if i use the Arma3Sync Launcher, this Launcher seems like to sort a couple of the mods you insert there. I saw it cause the Launcher has changed just a couple of my mod loading prioritys (Alphabetical order wasnt correct) - no difference with those 2 starting methods.

And i have experience with sorting mods, i managed to run Skyrim up to Level 113 Nordwarrior (no cheats) and 158 mods included. And every Person which played and modded skyrim knows how hard this is ^^

*sigh* Yes.

Just read that CBA should handle by it self it's right load position, which is as last mod. So I guess it doesn't matter where it is in the list.

Also read that if two mods alter the same property, the one loaded last takes precedence... Except if the property "RequiredAddons" is set in one of those mods, then that takes precedence.

There is one hint i can tell you: when your Viewdistance is incompatible with objectdistance it´s possible that you get such massive drops. Automatic generated Values seems to be not correct at several times.

My settings for example: (Adjusted by me) Viewdistance: 4363m / Objectdistance: 2200m (other Settings Ultra, 8xAA 16xAF, ATOC: All trees+grass)

Actually i run the WLA mission on this map http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17246 with ~60frames since 2 hours without problems.

I suppose when the values are not correct the GPU-Utilization goes criticly down which lead to this epic slowdowns (open a Tool for your GFX, a tool like Nvidia Inspector - u need to download this tool - when Tool started you can activate a Monitoring window which shows how your Card performs actually - if you have Nvidia)

Bug report:

Either a bug in code or a bug in the briefing text.

The instructions for constructing is stating that, in order to put down more AI teams, more guardposts has to be placed at least around 30 meters away from other guardposts.

I have placed two guardposts with ~70m between.

When trying to add more static AI weapons, I'm still not allowed to put down more than what I was with just one.

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:20 ----------

Actually i run the WLA mission on this map http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17246 with ~60frames since 2 hours without problems.

Looks nice. Is that directly portable to A3? Seems to be an A2 map.

I suppose when the values are not correct the GPU-Utilization goes criticly down which lead to this epic slowdowns (open a Tool for your GFX, a tool like Nvidia Inspector - u need to download this tool - when Tool started you can activate a Monitoring window which shows how your Card performs actually - if you have Nvidia)

Yes, it is nVidia (670MX).

Yes its a extreme big map, i think its 20x20km² gives a feeling of beeing somwhere in Afghanistan.

Yes, i have only AiA TP installed, then downloaded the map and the needed requirement http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17250

thats 2 new @modfolders which you simply integrate into your loadorder. Then simply in the "missions" folder rename the WholeLottaAltis.Altis into WholeLottaAltis.reshmaan and start the scanario :)

Yes its a extreme big map, i think its 20x20km² gives a feeling of beeing somwhere in Afghanistan.

Yes, i have only AiA TP installed, then downloaded the map and the needed requirement http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17250

thats 2 new @modfolders which you simply integrate into your loadorder. Then simply in the "missions" folder rename the WholeLottaAltis.Altis into WholeLottaAltis.reshmaan and start the scanario :)

Did just test it out. Good looking map. :)

The non-supported maps may cause extra slowdown since there is errors coming from non-set factory and other locations. Will add support for more maps soon.

Working on more performance tweaks. Mission update in few days.

Edited by SaOk

No slowdown in 4 hours on reshmann, fluid like waterfall. Same with celle2, one of the coolest maps out there, a ton of custom buildings (from Saharani and from Author created) and most buildings enterable. Celle 2 runs great too without a single slowdown, just passed 3 hours now. But i looking forward to your updates, the last update was real good, helped a lot cause now the game didnt pass 100 Units so fast like before.

To say it clear: i test every of my maps with your mission, meanwhile tested over 25 maps :)

Keep the work coming dude :)

Possible bug

The crates from Gear drop doesn't drop where the markers are. I just found one over 100 m from a drop marker. I've found none of the crates where the markers are.

edit:

It was an other crate that was so far away. The actual crates were not far from the markers.

I'm really looking forward to testing out WLA on Bornholm, when that maps gets released. From my home country. :)

Edited by stlassen

With 5x5km² it wont be good when u simply put the mission on the map. A minimum of 10x10km² that the Units will correctly spread over the map. Bigger is better in case of WLA. Maybe SaOk knows a solution for smaller maps,my experience wasnt good with small maps like 5x5km²

Sagnin has 5x5km², aborted after 1 minute by myself as i looked on map.

With 5x5km² it wont be good when u simply put the mission on the map. A minimum of 10x10km² that the Units will correctly spread over the map. Bigger is better in case of WLA. Maybe SaOk knows a solution for smaller maps,my experience wasnt good with small maps like 5x5km²

Sagnin has 5x5km², aborted after 1 minute by myself as i looked on map.

I think you misread... Unless I misread. ;)

The island itself is 20x14km². Then water and the smaller islands to the NE. In all it should be above 20x20km².

He is just working through the island in steps of 5x5km².

Edited by stlassen

Map: Altis

Difficulty: Easy.

Max Vzones: 6

"Near mrks: 21 / All mrks: 489 / Units: 90 / Vehicles: 46 / All units: 136"

There are 15 HC groups active.

I've placed 9 camps so far and have at least 5 units attached to them.

While FPS is going down, I'm not experiencing any lag at all. FPS is between 20-40 depending on where I am and what I am doing.

I often see cleanups as the unit counters more quickly goes down, so your optimizations is definitely noticeable.

I don't have a lot of extra objects spawned, such as walls.

Just saw a HC tank group setting a waypoint to [0,0,0]. I doubt it will succeed. :D

New Smaller WLA update (steam and dropbox, withsix upload currently down). Performance tweaks + some other tweaks.

Bug report

When in a cutscene, I can initiate talk (shift+Y) with the unit I'm in cutscene with, even my own unit mates.

I am currently using AGM mod, and as a result cannot seem to disarm IED or mines. Could you point me to where in the files the required unit/tool required for disarm is located?

I have looked in IED and IEDmil but cant see anything for diarming. I wanted to add tool needed the disarm tool from AGM toolkit

I am currently using AGM mod, and as a result cannot seem to disarm IED or mines. Could you point me to where in the files the required unit/tool required for disarm is located?

I have looked in IED and IEDmil but cant see anything for diarming. I wanted to add tool needed the disarm tool from AGM toolkit

You shouldn't look in the file code. I don't believe WLA has any special code for disarming. It is, as far as I know, pure ArmA way. AGM adds to that a whole new way of doing it. You can still do it the vanilla way, but if you want to use AGM, what you need is a way to add the necessary items to your inventory. They should turn up in the missions gear shop (shift+1), but unfortunately they don't. I don't know if that is an issue with AGM items or if WLA doesn't have code to include items from MODS. WLA should have code for that, but you can't really find the items and transfer them to a backback afterwards.

I've been using AGM in WLA as well, but had to resort to the debug window to execute code like:

player addItemToUniform "AGM_EarBuds";

This code adds the earbuds to the player.

If it is a WLA bug, then it will get fixed eventually. If it is not a WLA bug, then it is because AGM has defined those items in a non-standard way. If it is the latter, maybe SaOk might get around it by changing some of the code, but I don't know.

Edited by stlassen