SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

This is probably a daft question, but, how do I actually start the mission? I watch the intro, then it loads again, shows me the "Start Options" hind, and then just a slide show....Again, this is probably a daft question....

Have you allowed game updates? The update released last week is required (official build or dev-build). But there have been other reporting the same issue. Havent just found out what else could cause that, but too old game version which wouldnt know one new script command that is used in the start options script and ending breaking the options because of that.

Ahh thanks mate, a simple game update fixed it. Thanks again.

oh and i noticed your new green borders overlaps with red enemy camps

Yes, still some tricky conditions to add for that border drawing, trying to work on it at some point.

Hi all, SaOk, this mission is fantastic. Thanks so much for your hard work, I've probably logged 20 hours on this mission and feel like I've barely scratched the surface. Congrats.

I was wondering what the quickest way to obtain a flyable aircraft would be? I've re-started a few times, and one time I took an airfield right up front, and was able to buy a little bird through shift 1 menu. But on this run I have an airfield and no option to buy any aircraft. Is there a specific structure I need to build or task I need to complete before I unlock flyable aircraft? (I prefer to unlock options rather than have everything available upfront). Also, I use the F18 mod, I see it's available for support, is it also available to fly at some point? If not, is it possible for me to add somewhere?

Also, can someone point me to a description of what building does what? I'm playing as a subscribed mission through steam so I only have the ingame documentation.

Thanks again for a great mission and any help would be appreciated.

Python1

So if you are not "God" you wont survive a Minute in your F-18 but you need to make your own experience ;)

Easy way: choose your options, start mission on "Easy" this will give you 1600 Points. I recommend to use also the option to have all Buildings when u are new to the mission. Before start mission choose a good place for your drop, next to one of the airports of course. First build a bunker and then 2 Guard units (HMG,Tank, whatever), when no Enemys are next to your first small Base the Airport will be activated. The ability to spawn a F18 u need to add it in the "Mod" options -> press Shift+1, then "Mod", therre u need to add the F18 into the "Aircraft" section in category "Fighters". After adding vehicles into your list u need to "Reset Vehicle Zones" and then u are read to go. By pressing Shift+1 and choosing "Mil Options" u can buy specific Vehicles, its always specific to the captured area

Good luck Soldier ^^

Be aware, i have warned you. Using an Aircraft leads to "spawning Enemy groups" and there will be a ton of them, and they use AA Rockets effective, and often^^

Mostly i am out of flares after 40 seconds - 1 minute ;)

I tried to detonate a big Antenna Tower with explosive charges (usable on ground) but I cant put the charges down they are always staying in my inventory. Any hints please?

U dont need charges. My hint for you is: build 2-3 AT Launcher AI´s, equip a Laserdesignator and point with the laser on the Tower. The AT Launchers will shoot on the Laserdesignated point after a couple of seconds. A few rockets and this tower is a piece of trash ;)

Thanks Python1 :), unlocking all assets in start options is definitely the best way. You probably also need to build guardpost with static weapon near the airfield before able to purchase aircrafts. The flying part is quite deadly currently. I will try to find more balansing for that soon making at least AA-soldiers more rare.

Havent tried that AT-launcher trick for the antenna myself yet, but will need to. :D Else the charges are put using action menu (mouse scroll menu). You may need 3 (if not even 5) satchels per antenna.

1 explosive sachel (not charges) does the trick

edit: your mission is already piling up noticeable bugs (not script errors, your topic has a pages lists of them already), when will you prioritize them?

Edited by xrook

Working on the mission with my own speed.

Well, i have more of this kind of hints to kick the butts of csat.

This one works very good too: you need to have some Artillery or other stuff for great damage and you need to use drone copter and say the drone that it should hover 500meters high above specific area, then change to the position which allow to observe the area, from this position its very easy to give Firing targets to the Artillery. The drone copter even have a Laser designator, so if you have some UAV´s or Launchers which have sight of line to the target they will shoot to the designated point ;)

Thanks that did it :)

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

I have another problem but maybe its only my missinformation. When I would like to give one of my soldiers a new weapon (run out of ammo on its own weapon) via customize gear he will accept the new one but not the ammo although I select one with ammo available.

So reammo doesnt work also explicitly clicking it not.

I am sure I do something wrong.

Edited by Parmenides

When u are in weaponshop it´s best to buy 1-2 same weapons and 2x5 Magazines. Also its important that u make this: select a single solder (give command stop, so they stop running around like 12y old kids), press 6 and choose "open subordinate Inventory" and then throw away their secondary (Pistol) so that they only have the main gun (assault rifle, sniper, whatever) cause when AI have Pistol they love to torture your ears with permanent "out of ammo" reports.

Hello there Soak, Chris here.

so i nitice a i dont know if you wanna call it a important bug, but when i do a village task where you have to call for a chopper to pick up a civ from the village, the pilots dosent exactly pick the best landing spots...

http://i.imgur.com/tCyIB7F.png (2098 kB)

after a few seconds after the first pic was taken, the chopper got loose but killed me...

when i came back after respawning it was like this:

http://i.imgur.com/3s5GuJN.png (2610 kB)

but somehow the task got completed :P

it would be nice if you could find a way of making the ai's think before they choose a landing spot.

regards

Chris

I removed recently findEmptyPosition-loop from the landsite search since it was giving much stutter. Seems like need to rework it, maybe using lineintersect checks instead.

When u are in weaponshop it´s best to buy 1-2 same weapons and 2x5 Magazines. Also its important that u make this: select a single solder (give command stop, so they stop running around like 12y old kids), press 6 and choose "open subordinate Inventory" and then throw away their secondary (Pistol) so that they only have the main gun (assault rifle, sniper, whatever) cause when AI have Pistol they love to torture your ears with permanent "out of ammo" reports.

Thanks a lot but why is reammo not working bug or me :) ?

I think its a bug and very hard to fix. I always throw their stuff away, mostly they dont live longer as 15 minutes, for what spending so much time to equip those idiots and on the next corner they will die. Just do the trick with unarm those twats at the beginning and you should be good ;)

I've noticed since the last update, In the intro video, the "Cantine man" (flat tire guy) has lost his voice (along with the other in-game NPC civilians you can speak to for tasks) also, after the last skirmish screen where you normally transition into the Map/Briefing screen (where I go in and get rid of my teams unnecessary gear) it just goes to a dark screen and the only way to progress is to hit escape and select the "skip" option which then takes you into the mission setup screen, skipping the briefing/Map screen altogether. I haven't seen any mention of this in here since the last update so I'm wondering if its me or you.

I made ticket of the broken civilian voices over month ago, but no response yet from BIS.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19878

Could maybe use say3d instead for civs to make the sound appear, but then the lips dont move. Suspecting that using both would make those play at different time, but testing soon.

I disabled the briefing while trying to get the Chernarus/Takistan conversions to work. May enable it back later even I would prefer the mission to start without it.

Edited by SaOk

I made ticket of the broken civilian voices over month ago, but no response yet from BIS.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19878

Could maybe use say3d instead for civs to make the sound appear, but then the lips dont move. Suspecting that using both would make those play at different time, but testing soon.

I disabled the briefing while trying to get the Chernarus/Takistan conversions to work. May enable it back later even I would prefer the mission to start without it.

Yeah, the sad sad BI Lazyness is everywhere. Maybe they were occupied recording bird sounds or doorscratching when open it. How they set priority to fix the game is absolutley ridiculous.

can you add a spawn limit?

http://i61.tinypic.com/2iln7vd.jpg

if finally got to a point where even my squadmates get delayed a lot when i order them to do something

FPS doesnt go down (yet) and no stutters so i think thats an improvement

Edited by xrook