SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

You cant currently end the mission, but planning to add conditions for that soon. With camp capturing there could be some other final tasks. E.g. after having 80% of camps, player would need to find enemy commander.

Hey SaOk, may i ask something? can u add to the SHIFT+C option a option to buy the towers of some bases?? is that possible? i play alone almost all time, use ranged weaps, the tower of some camps are very good observation spots, would be great if we can build 'em for 50/100 pv :P

Also, love the new system of objects and missions to find 'em, but some doesn't have pv bonus, are u planing to add pv to these objects?

Sure, will add the tower. Later also probably more other objects too. Will rework at some point the view to have different type objects, AI teams and static weapons placed in own sections (the same way as in support menu).

The intel objects give prestige even there is no task for it. Forgot to add laptop objects in the list. Its fixed for next version (also cans are in right array - before those where marked as food). Also fixed the markers for attack event. But the tasks dissapear normally for me. You are not using some old game version? The task removing function was included only about a month ago.

You cant currently end the mission, but planning to add conditions for that soon. With camp capturing there could be some other final tasks. E.g. after having 80% of camps, player would need to find enemy commander.

Holding 80% of the Map sounds preety funny to me, i mean the AI Guys u place for secure the point are so massivley stupid (i know its the AI) i think dust have more iq than this fools. Sometimes i have to jump from one to other base only cause the 10-15 AI with .50 HMG´s and GMG´s cant deal with a squad. Mostly i run alone, always this "no Ammo" Reincforcements, so useful like an upset stomach. I know they didnt like that they have other guns, but even when u get them the right ammo they still sayin "No ammo", dumb AI at reach new levels.

btw: I place always the Big Military Towers in my base, i use MCC for this, works without problems. But watch out when u get managed that a squadmember did it to the top of this tower, when giving order to go somewhere else the AI is clipping through the wall of the tower, falls down and dies. And this ALWAYS, no joke. Alos watched a squadmember inide a house, the AI has everywhere a Wallhack working, cause i see how my squadmember was following with his gun exactly the path of enemy.

Finally i have to say, without your mod i had stopped playing this game for a long time, WLA keeps me stayin :)

Im using version 1.51, and yes, sometimes the task to retake camps works fine, and sometimes not, if i go just in that moment and acomplish the mision, the task is marked as completed, but if i just leave it "for later" when i go and retake the camp nothing happens.

I dont whant to upgrade the version lol, i have 50% map captured :P

Hey SaOk, ty for hearing me all the time :D!!!!

k, I updated the conditions in that and will test it. Its possible it stucked to some waitUntil-check.

The AI is definitely poor with those big towers. Camp guards often drop from those when moving. Only fireplaces in captured houses give AI more trouble. ;)

Question, My Avatar is healthy happy and well rested but I still get washes of red through my screen as if in pain or something but I cant figure out why?

Only medic can sometimes heal to full health, could be that. Else I havent added any own postprosessing effects in the mission yet.

Hello

How are you supposed to hold bases you've already captured?

If I capture one, I defend the hell out of it. I have multiple AA/AT launchers in every direction, patrols, vehicles etc. The base seems to do fine so long as I stay there, though when I move to take another it always goes to shit and they're lost.

What's the trick to holding them for good? How can you *possibly* hold 80% when the AI can't even hold one?

Other than that it's great as always, thanks

Getting similar problem lately - there could be something wrong with camp script conditions, will improve those for next version.

Edit: It was from ignoring alive men in nearby guardposts. Included condition for that too now.

Edited by SaOk

Holding 80% of the Map sounds preety funny to me, i mean the AI Guys u place for secure the point are so massivley stupid (i know its the AI) i think dust have more iq than this fools. Sometimes i have to jump from one to other base only cause the 10-15 AI with .50 HMG´s and GMG´s cant deal with a squad. Mostly i run alone, always this "no Ammo" Reincforcements, so useful like an upset stomach. I know they didnt like that they have other guns, but even when u get them the right ammo they still sayin "No ammo", dumb AI at reach new levels.

btw: I place always the Big Military Towers in my base, i use MCC for this, works without problems. But watch out when u get managed that a squadmember did it to the top of this tower, when giving order to go somewhere else the AI is clipping through the wall of the tower, falls down and dies. And this ALWAYS, no joke. Alos watched a squadmember inide a house, the AI has everywhere a Wallhack working, cause i see how my squadmember was following with his gun exactly the path of enemy.

Finally i have to say, without your mod i had stopped playing this game for a long time, WLA keeps me stayin :)

MCC dont load on my game :( i'll wait 'till SaOk add those damn towers, or tell me how u get it working please

MCC dont load on my game :( i'll wait 'till SaOk add those damn towers, or tell me how u get it working please

What u mean, it doesent load at your game? Put the MCC.pbo in your Addonsfolder and you are ready to go. U have to start a new game of course, MCC should show up in the ActionScroll Menu.

The posted pictures dont display for me. :S Would like to see that zone, sounds like bad bug.

Lol, :D that supply line battle was definitely epic.

The civilians die for some reason if they spawn on pier. May try to tweak that. Else the gaps should prevent over-spawning normally. There is two enemy AA-vehicles inside 500m radius that need to be destroyed on that airfield. I agree that task is poor quality currently.

---------- Post added at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

New WLA SP version 1.56 is here (dropbox, steam, withSix). Better conditions for camp capturing - should be easier to hold camps if guardpost(s) nearby. VAS is entered now with Shift+0. More different object types in houses. Various other small tweaks/fixes.

Sometimes the AI wont follow when commanded to return to formation. Its like they've been over commanded or something and they just give up?

Thnx for the update!

Hey SaOk, I KNOW this doesnt need the consern u, but if i use MCC 3 + your mission, the VAS system for select squad equipment dont work anymore, if i select squad member 3, and load a preset for him, its load all for me... bleh... do u know why this happen?

Going to play the new update... cya later!

Ice; that happens pretty often to me too, but is not on this mission only, i fixed it using the "support call" addon, there is an option to spawn all your squads members on your location, and then release 'em, after that i just give 'em some orders and everything is normal again... hope this helps you...

Edited by mith86arg

Hello again, a few more issues after playing a 5hr straight game (with no lag, it's getting better)

Sometimes when I take a zone or help others when it's under attack, it tells me I succeeded but then the enemy immediately owns that zone. I then have to take it again. That doesn't seem right.

Why is it that I don't get any prestige for kills? In one area just now, I killed 3 tanks, 3 APCs and maybe a dozen men, yet I got nothing. Though if I take a small base within a few minutes I get 200 points. This seems a little odd.

My team mates keep telling me they're out of ammo. It's usually when they have rifles with grenade launchers, yet they have no grenades.

Also, if you add the mods you suggest, one of them adds an AT4 launcher. Whenever my guys are equipped with these they never have AT4 rockets. It's annoying because when I go to their bodies I expect to be able to take their launcher/rockets yet there's only ever a launcher.

My AI seems to get stuck a lot. Usually after healing or repairing something, it's quite common (so I have to remove them in 0 - 0)

That's all, thanks again

Thnx for the update!

Hey SaOk, I KNOW this doesnt need the consern u, but if i use MCC 3 + your mission, the VAS system for select squad equipment dont work anymore, if i select squad member 3, and load a preset for him, its load all for me... bleh... do u know why this happen?

Going to play the new update... cya later!

Ice; that happens pretty often to me too, but is not on this mission only, i fixed it using the "support call" addon, there is an option to spawn all your squads members on your location, and then release 'em, after that i just give 'em some orders and everything is normal again... hope this helps you...

Yeah, thats usual with VAS. U can spawn a VAS Ammobox everywhere at any time with MCC, there is a preset u can use.

Greets

I second that, there is no PV reward for killing bad guys... but IMHO, it's ok, cuz if we get reward for kills the game gonna turn pretty easy and u can call air strikes or artillery at the very beginning, not fun... (actually, i just play to be abble to call artillery strikes, when i can, is end game for me lol, just keep playing for fun, really love this dynamic campaing...

if u go for special zones (pier, storage, etc) u will get 95 - 100 pv's for time only for own them all

plus the reward for taking camps (the game says its 50 PV's but actually is a 100 PV reward)

plus the reward for rest (on last update there is no more reward for rest, not sure, ill confirm later)

plus the rewards for civs on the zone (the water one and the POW one give PV's, same as above, not sure on this version)

plus the reward for hunting enemy choppers (just go to any guardpost u have, and equip your squad with AA launcher, or buy some AA launchers and asign your team mates to them, or steall an AA tank... and just wait, till those bastards show up, leave your team do the dirty job while u just watch TV lol... 30 PV's each (not confirmed) 75 PV for each bird disabled would be great saok ¬¬ :P the Hind, can send u to hell with just one burst ¬¬

plus the reward for hunting items (maps, files and photos give you A LOT of PV's, ~50 - 75 pv's~ search for them)

So many PV's!! make me want to cheat more hahahahahahaha (actually i want something, but going to ask via PM SaOk)

btw, SaOk, finally i have towers!! thanx again dude!

Yeah, thats usual with VAS. U can spawn a VAS Ammobox everywhere at any time with MCC, there is a preset u can use.

Greets

Yeah but i cant config the equipment of my team mates using MCC, it work allways on my character... The VAS system of SaOk let u edit the loadout of your team too

I know but did it work correctly? As far i know i doesnt matter what u give ur mates, they always say no ammo. Thats why i prefer walk alone over the Island.

Yup MCC work fine (Y), about team mates, they are allways screaming for ammo, but actually they use my loadout

MX SW thermal scoped silenced

6 Mags x100 Tracer ammo

Nlaw launcher + 2 missiles. <-- THIS is what make 'em scream for ammo, but they have it! (also, try to dont fast travel with this loadout, something makes 1 missile to dissapear of the loadout IDK wth make this happens, but happens...

if i just take the NLAW out of that loadout and the missiles, they stop screming, just give them, clothes, one weapon and mags, no secundaries, no grenades, no mines, NOTHING. (Weapon + Mags) + (Backpack + more mags) (lol) they should stop screaming.. try it and tell me if that works...