SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Yeah it is definitley. I´ve played a mission from the new released singleplayer campaign with and withoud the bcombat mod, its difference like night and day. Enemy is using cover very well and they whipped my squad real fast. In your mod it´s now real hard to survive alone (you know i prefer walk alone into Mordor^^) cause the CSAT clowns are using tactics and other stuff, hanging out on 1st floor in a building for hours isn´t possible anymore :)

The map icons are party explained in the field manual, through options menu (for infantry, armor, choppers...). Over that there is own symbols for camps, guardposts and strategic points (piers, powerplants, storages and factories). I will try to add section for all symbols in the briefing after I learn to resize the marker icons in briefing. Tried it earlier without success, but there is probably a way.

Here is all NATO military symbols explained, most of them not in the game and I could be using some wrong (will improve the markers later).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APP-6a

That bCombat mod sounds very nice, will test it definitely soon. Could be superb addition to be used with JSRS and Blastcore. :)

Thanks! ;)

New WLA SP version 1.63 is here (steam, dropbox, withSix). Enemy side also now gather prestige and use it to build walls/guardposts/new vehicle zones (WIP), guards arrive now with vehicles to guardpost and camps (in certain conditions), marker changes, runways blacklisted for walls, more wall types, guardpost placement tweaks, improved first task, more factories, new A3 music added, other tweaks and fixes.

Great update! Played a couple of hours and I have a question: is something has changed in mechanics of construction stationary guns? Because after guardpost construction, I do not see in the list any of them. Same thing with hiring teams (AT, Sniper, etc) - they are not in a list. Nevertheless, the mission became more balanced and is even more interesting to play. Thanks!

Edited by werwolf969

Thanks, :) those appear after you meet resistance contact (talk to civilian with shift+2 -> second option -> the task).

Thanks, :) those appear after you meet resistance contact (talk to civilian with shift+2 -> second option -> the task).

Oh, thank you! Never noticed it before.:) No news about solving displaeventhandlers problem? I like to play with Mag Repack and Tao Folding Map, and look like they're not working in mission :( And of course me and my friends look forward to play in CO OP version, when it will be released!

Edited by werwolf969

Just played an epic round of this over the last couple of days (old version though, gonna start a new game soon!). First of all: congratulations for the best mission ive played so far. Cant say that i ever got bored, so thanks for all your work!

A couple of comments:

- Maybe it should be possible to raze guardposts or even camps if you dont need them anymore. Razing unnecessary guardposts (for example on shores) should help performance in the long run. In my game, after like 20 or so hours of playtime, i pretty much hit the brickwall where playing isnt really enjoyable anymore at 12-30fps max, although i have to admit that i'm pretty impressed about how long it took to get there.

- There should be less or none enemy spawns within your "territory". For example i had Kavala and the surrounding area controlled with walls around 2 camps and many many guardposts. Still i encountered enemy groups within that area that spawned as i drove around. Getting enemy choppers dropping paratroopers is ok, but enemies setting up tents in an area they never had access to via foot/road is a bit weird.

- Factory distribution is a bit unbalanced across the island. Prestigepoint wise the south-western part of Altis is so much better than the rest, also because theyre much easier to defend. Maybe raising the amount of prestige points gained from factories in the east or north would balance that out a bit.

Function to remove guardposts or even walls and camps are in plans. The scripts already support that, just need to add custom dialog options for it and maybe also make enemy use razing sometimes. I will work on enemy spawning blacklisting more slowly, some conditions could be hard to include but I check the distance blacklisting to guardposts and camps for start if there is some holes. Factories are all in west part of the island, couldnt find any in east, but will make custom factories there at least. There could factories generating too maybe. Or some other building/depot compounds that player and enemy could build.

Not yet solution for displaeventhandlers but will work on it soon again.

Early Work In Progress dynamic defend/attack-event radiovoices for the next mission version (removed the number 1 already). (Thanks for Elliott "Snaked" Jordan of the voices)

Edited by SaOk

^^^The addition of voices is nice, but those voices in particular don't sound very natural... at all

Burning and rioting villages coming next, got knocked out by flying bucket: ;)

ps. Will add the disabled weather. Also the radiochatting will be tweaked more, but its not possible to make it fully natural. Its experimetal feature and I think much better than not having voice-acting at all.

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

Added animations too now:

Will need some more work, the next version will be released tommorrow or in few days. Before that trying to add more new features and hopefully some detailed quest(s). Already also updated VAS, there is walls spawning as circle shape, then that dynamic radio chatting...

Also the radiochatting will be tweaked more, but its not possible to make it fully natural. Its experimetal feature and I think much better than not having voice-acting at all.

I meant the voice itself, it sounds very muffled, disinterested and not very authentic.

Try this place if you want people who are professional voice actors: http://voiceacting.proboards.com/

A lot of them will do it for free, especially if it's something featured in a mod game.

z24n.jpg

Released WIP WLA SP version 1.64 in dropbox and withSix only. Got cold and things can get little delayed, but here is the current build. Seems to work good, but didnt yet test enough to be sure the performance stays good, so not yet in workshop. Updated VAS, round guardposts, some voices, very WIP burning villages, quite ready stuff throwing villagers. Planning to work more on the hostile village events.

Edited by SaOk

Sorry, didnt yet add it. Will be in the next release.

Did vehicle count go to 256? Or what you mean? Will check it.

Got also over 100 in few minutes. I try to fix it quick.

Edit: Hostile village fires overspawning.

---------- Post added at 23:51 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

Reuploaded WLA as version 1.6401 to dropbox and withSix. Will need more testing tommorrow, but with teleporting and some driving around, the issue might be gone now.

Edited by SaOk