SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Ah, understood wrong. You can delete the mission in Documents\Arma 3\[yourprofile]\Saved\steam. Tested that trick and it made the mission work again for me. ----

don't work for me....don't work... now i download the mission without the workshop....

Unfortunately this is a bug with the Sharktac HUD when reloading save games. The trick is to hit the Keypad. key which switches you to the squad command and control screen, then hit it again to return to your previous view. This seems to 'reset' the mod correctly and it works again until the next save game is reloaded.

This only works when you're a squad leader/#1 and not simply a member (i.e. AI controlling the squad you're in)

Actually any mod that relies on the CBA addon has this problem of disappearing in save games. This has bothered me for months and your solution works! Twice press keypad . which is also keypad Del on my keyboard and Shacktac and other mods reappear after loading a saved game. Keypad . is defined as Tactical View in the Arma 3 controls menu. Not sure why this loads the mods, but I'm glad it does.

It would be nice if somehow this got fixed once and for all, but this bug has been around so long that I doubt it will. The CBA developers claim it's not a bug in their mod so I hold out little hope.

Thanks for providing a workaround!

New WLA SP version 1.44 is avaiable (dropbox, withSix, steam). Improved virtual battles (included guardposts and camp infantry), camp/strategic point/supply line battles are now solved with the new virtual way too (if player stays far away) - All nearby guardposts now matter and what they have (what type of static weapons and AI teams),+ some other tweaks.

Let me know if there is some new bugs. Affer massive changes there could be always some bugs hiding.

SaOk, thank you for such a nice dynamic "campaign". I'm playing it now for the first time after completing the first episode from the official campaign. I can only say that I'm very impressed !! So Thanks for all your effort, it's highly appreciated.

New WLA SP version 1.441 is here (dropbox, withSix, steam). Called enemy support comes after you with bigger unaccuracy. Fixed attack camp event and added extra marker for it to show startzone. Some other tweaks.

after meet with the resistance and see the cut-scene, my squad is lost and blocked in the sea...... :O((

after meet with the resistance and see the cut-scene, my squad is lost and blocked in the sea...... :O((

Try the 0-0-8 command to unstuck them, if this didnt work send them to Hell with Shift+4, new Reincforcement should arrive within 10 minutes

New WLA SP version 1.443 is here (steam, dropbox, withSix). Attack/defend-event virtualbattle tweaks (added the default static weapons - less likely enemy captures the camps from you virtually), some less paradropping enemy, little less skilled enemies, some less fireplaces in villages, some other tweaks/fixes.

Have been slowly preparing some other new features (function for moving zones, optional eating drinking and sleeping, stuff to steal from houses), but those are not yet enabled (hopefully in few days, but Xmas slows editing down some bit). :)

Edit: Reuploaded with one new error fixed.

Edited by SaOk

Dude this s**** is awesome.... came from the other dinamic sp campaing, but this one don't lag, idk how u do it but have been playing for 4 hours, lots of units everywhere and 0 problems, loving it! please keep up the good work!

Downloading the new version...

Should i restart it after the update?

Thanks, yes the performance is the most important thing to me. :) Restarting is always needed when starting with new version.

After you complete tasks for green army (or set all assest available from start dialog), you can call chopper transports which allow to set own LZ point and even to change it during flying.

Saok, when i try to call in an Artillery Strike, a pop up msg say "range not valid" idk what happens... already used this kind of attacks before in your campaing, but since a few hours ago i cant attack anymore =/

Mine field, maybe im doing something wrong but i asign soldiers to the task, they respond, but after that, they're still following me.. no mine field haha, minor issue, i can plant mines @ the old way, but your method is a lot bether i think...

Steps: Buy Truck @ BC

step away 100 mts

look to the ground and activate the option...

10 mts + 20 mines + wire traps

nothing......

Aerial support, sometimes they act like japanese kamikase in some machanic units or just go berzeker and take all the shoots in the face...

Im loving this mission dude, why u dont help Kibot in his [sP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)? i think u can improve it a lot more! that one has a lot potential too!

New WLA SP version 1.444 (dropbox, steam, withSix). Some optimization, tiny changes, added airfield markers, enabled debug console (if FPS get bad, write hint format ["Units %1 Vehicles %2 Deadmen %3 Destroyed Vehicles %4", count allunits, count vehicles, count alldeadmen,{!alive _x} count vehicles]; to the esc menu debug window and let me know if there is some very high numbers, over ~90).

Have been getting some slowdowns and currently not sure if its mission, game or the used mods. Will do testing my own but extra test reports are always welcome. :)

Thanks, mith86arg. :) The artillery might require certain minimun distance how near you can point the target. I will check the minefield feature.

Kibot's mission is definitely very interesting, but could be tricky to get involved (and not sure if Kibot even need my help) in such a big project especially I am constantly already burning out with my own scripts. Its also easier and faster to work alone on complex mission (to some point), where you can see the whole picture all the time without unfamiliar 3rd party code giving troubles, that may take long to solve and bring extra restrictions. But always happy to share scripting tips.

Im below the danger close distance... less than 600mts...

Downloading newer version, ty ty ty!

SaOk, thank you for this mission, very hard for me but also very enjoyable.

Could someone point me to a guide on how to play. A youtube video would be ideal

SaOk,

I have been playing your "Campaighn" for a while now. I seriously enjoy it! And it's just an awesome mission that plays for ages, easely.

Sadly, as many before me allready mentioned, the slowdowns are evil. And I have a feeling it has to do with the AI doin attacks and the buildings you build at a camp, since, when you start a new game, it all works very well and fast. But after a while, when you captured a few camps and the enemy gets active on attacking you, it slows down. But only with that, FPS is fine, doesnt give a shiver.

II just now downloaded the latest version, so yet again im gonna have to do a restart (which I find perfectly fine :P). I'll see what happens now.

Can you explain to me, if possible in easy words, how i can activate the Debug console? I'm not that big with lines n all :)

Overall, many thanks for this amazing mission! I will keep enjoying it. And hopefully, with the information from us users, we can help you remove the slowdowns.

Thanks, :) to get some more prestige its good to commit some civilian tasks in villages e.g. bringing water and after meeting resistance contact create guardpost for them when the civ task for it is active. Then I usually just randomly captured factory, pier and powerplant. With more resources camps are then easily defended by creating guardpost near it.

Debug console is now visible when pressing esc to open the menu when playing. Then you can just copy paste the example code in it and press enter (or was it that exec button).

I have added some optimization for next version again and remade the crate attaching to trucks which works now with custom button (shift+9) and let you choose what crate(s) to load or unload. Also if crashing the crates may fell off. :) Releasing the new version soon in day or two after some more additions.

Forgive me if this has been discussed in the previous 100+ pages. I have scanned the last 5 or so as they are most current. Nice to see this still being improved after7 months or so also.

My curiosity is about the MP version of these missions. I've been looking for a nice dynamic and diverse MP mission for my friends and I to play and this really does look good in so many ways, bringing something else to the table that many others do not. My main question is this...

Do you still plan to work on the MP mission?

I notice that you really are working hard on this mission but it mainly seems to be SP updates/improvements. While I experienced some real show stopping problems for long term gameplay (the truck for base building exploded on spawn in), I hold out hope to one day see the MP version completed as it really does look quite amazing.

Kudos, on your work so far, I am sure you have high ambitions for this project and from my brief time with this mission it can be seen and felt.

I should point out that I was not running the DEV build when I tried this mission and did notice the message saying DEV build was required. I was also hosting this within my game, not on a dedicated server if that may also cause problems?

Thanks, :) I will work on the COOP version soon (in few weeks) to include the latest scripts from SP version. Quite much changes/testing required which makes updating slow. The COOP dont require DEV-version, I have forgot to remove that requirement line.

Thanks, :) I will work on the COOP version soon (in few weeks) to include the latest scripts from SP version. Quite much changes/testing required which makes updating slow. The COOP dont require DEV-version, I have forgot to remove that requirement line.

Awesome news my man.

Though as others have said, you should really take a break sometime, it is Christmas after all ;p

I can appreciate how when you have motivation and ideas, along with the success of bringing those to your project, it's kind of hard.

Dont worry, I havent edited much ArmA for almost a week. ;) Just short visits.