SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Hey guys, still having issues. Not able to find a way to replicate it either. Its weird and not only affecting AGM, but other MODS that use hotkeys as well.

Problem starts out as follows:

1. Play a mission from start and all keys are working fine. AGM allows to load MENUs along with other MODS hotkeys working as well.

2. After a set amount of time, not sure if it happens after respawn or cutscreens or what, the hotkeys stop working. AGM menu no longer comes up (or weapon resting). The Help menu where you hit "H" no longer responseds. But the other normal keys seem to work. It's only certain keys.

I've tried random respawns/loads to see if that is what causes the issue and when i test it this way it still works. Also i tried the Moduload and that didnt help either. Strange... If anyone can test to see if they can replicate that would be cool. Have no idea what it could be..

I've been getting this lately too, but not for custom keys. I assumed it was my new PC. I have a few weapon mods + JSRS + Blastcoore + CBA + RHS + MCC

Sometimes my 'configure' option in the main menu won't respond. Sometimes when I hold CTRL + up or down to change stance, it won't respond.

It's been pretty random and it doesn't occur in other mods, maps or missions.

Edited by Coflash

AAAAARRHHH... today, no way to reload weapon... since arma update i can reload in the game editor BUT not in the mission ... sniff

When you press R key, the charger number go down, but no anim, nothing happen

maybe the BIS_fnc_loadInventory update... i dont know

UPDADE POST Ok i restarted from begening and choosed the old save option... and everything get allright :yay:

Edited by ppavia

About my instant death issue: It isn't from this mission. It seems to just be my game and spawning inside of a vehicle when the VA system is in use; does it even in my own missions.

But I have been wondering: Could/Would you post the raw mission folder so it may be tweaked?

Good to know, I try to tweak that soon so vehicle wouldnt spawn around player when resuming. Here is the open folder version but could be quite hard to jump in: ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7abb2i9ghajnwmf/WholeLottaAltis.Altis.7z?dl=0

Preparing new update, but still getting script performance drop. Have been trying to fight against it for hours without success yet. At least, have been updating some scripts to better. Still having some theories why the drop happens but will see how it comes.

cOOL.

Hey what are the official supported maps so far? Is the ones on the first page? I just tested it on Bornholm and its not sure if its working well. What i mean is i got the part where you fight with the locals, it spawned them in the open field. Also there is a power plant in the middle of the woods with no power plant buildings nearby. Is this map still a WIP or is this as designed? I was using your latest beta version 1.9991.

-As for feedback, i agree with above when resuming from saved game (using restart method), it spawns tanks and AI within 1KM from your position always.

-Sometimes when you destroy/damage an enemy vehicle, it de-spawns right away. Maybe this is a FPS issue and working as designed.

-Usign RHS Escalation option at startup, it spawns Russian AI/Cars, but still spawns default NATO cars at mission start. Not a problem however as i dont mind the NATO tanks. Just wanted to bring it up if the design was to use all vehicles from RHS.

New SP WLA update: Amount of objects in guardpost affect now virtual battles (as default 0.5x factor downgrades the AI winning odds in the post. Each object increase the factor with +0.05), carrier choppers available again in airfields, much other tweaks.

Disabled exploding barrels/camp mines for now, maybe caused the slowdown but need more testing. So far looks good but I have celebrated too early before too.

The custom maps should work if there is any pier, power, factory zones visible. Could be I didnt find proper location for power so choosed some powerline, but need to check the bornholm at some point again. Checking why the vehicle despawned instanlty, shouldnt normally happen. The mod templates still have some work to do, updating those soon. Also adding the few missing RHS vehicles and support for mod crates.

Edit: Still getting diag_fps drop. Running out of ideas why it happens.

Edited by SaOk

Thanks for working on this SaOk! Tried your new build for a few hours last night. I was using stable version of A3 instead of dev build so keep that in mind. I used it on an old save (restart -> load save) and I did notice some performance stuttering during the first 10 mins or so, though it stopped stuttering after that. One thing I noticed though was that transport choppers (using RHS) were priced at 0 prestige and I couldn't buy them at a controlled air field. Probably gonna try a new game on Bornholm later today.

New WLA SP update: More sound effect/radio messages added from arma3 "library" + tweaks.

The new Dev-build seems very smooth, recommending to use it currently instead of official build. Didnt yet got diag_fps drop with it.

Edit: Small update. Some more tweaks.

Edited by SaOk

Hey Saok,

Is it possible to create a weapon crate on demand? Or save crates with each load when using your saved-game method? Every time i have to load a saved game when restarting i lose all the gear i had in the crates near bases/camps. Same happens with the rearm/repair function at barracks. Any gear in the vehicle is lost due to how the vehicles are recreated instead of repaired.

As for my first question, it would be nice to create custom weapon creates at each base/camp and move around weapons as needed. Like in the pilgrimage mission, you can create empty crates on demand. Just a thought. Not sure if anyone else see's any value in this.

Is there any way to get infinite prestige? I'm having a hard time learning all the features, and unlimited prestige would help quite a bit.

Is there any way to get infinite prestige? I'm having a hard time learning all the features, and unlimited prestige would help quite a bit.

type in this command: pisteet = 22222; or the value you prefer

Has anyone found a way to get Drongo's Command Enhancement, particularly the High Command to work in Whole Lotta Altis?

Crates would be possible, but havent yet worked on that. Bit worried if the stored data would grow very big. But planning to add some crates to store gear into at some point. Not familiar with Drongo's Command Enhancement but moduload or setting respawn setting to old in shift+1 options might help.

Well for the drongo high command you have to put down a module in the editor. Otherwise you just get squad menu. I didn't know if anybody found a workaround. I tried extracting and editing the map wla uses and then putting back in the pbo but I think I screwed up somewhere, as I couldn't get WLA to start afterwards.

Thanks Saok for the consideration. Allows a little more flexibility when storing and using gear. I just started using the gear menu built into WLA and trying to get use to it. Have you used ASORGS before? It's pretty great and allows for great customization that Arsenal and others do not as far as carrying extra ammo and scopes. Though i dont want to steer you away from your design.

Well for the drongo high command you have to put down a module in the editor. Otherwise you just get squad menu. I didn't know if anybody found a workaround. I tried extracting and editing the map wla uses and then putting back in the pbo but I think I screwed up somewhere, as I couldn't get WLA to start afterwards.

This approach is right. Try downloading a fresh copy and trying again. Overriding the new PBO after you repack. I havent tested, but it should work.

Ok thanks JCae, I give it another try when I get time. So last time I just extracted the map with pbo manager, do I need to unpack the whole pbo and then repack with the modified map or or is there a way to repack it back into the original pbo? I think that's where I screwed was repacking it.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 07:19 ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 ----------

Alright I got DCE working with WLA. Yay! However I have to go back and look at it because the high command was a little screwy and I was getting reports from everybody. Just tested it in the editor just probably just need to refresh the HC structure. High command in WLA just got way easier! Thanks JCae for keeping me on the right track!

OK i gotta ask the folks help me troubleshoot this.

I mentioned it earlier, and not can confirm its not related to MODS. I just tested playing Vanilla except for sound addon for WLA and this keeps happening.

Issue:

After sometime (random), keys start to stop responding. The following has stopped:

-They H key to expand the help screens dont respond.

-The key © to deploy bipods on DEV branch stop working

-I've seen it where in commander seat of marshall, the zoom stops working.

-i'm sure there are other random keys as well

I'm currently on DEV Branch and tested this. This was happening on stable branch but i had mods running at the time. I have disabled respawn so i know its not related to that. The only thing i noticed once this last time before it stopped working was when i purchased a vehicle at nearby friendly town. Reloading a saved game once its broken does not restore the keys from working again. Even if i reload a saved gamefile during the time it was working. BUT if i reload the saved custom game file by reloading the mission, it starts to work again. And if i play other missiosn without restarting ARMA it still works. This is driving me crazy! Help

Another weird thing is my CONFIGURE menu wont expand in the pause menu. Only happening in this mission after loading the saves that caused the key issues. No rpt issues that are related from what i can tell :(

Yes sometimes it just bugs out , does it to me occasionally too. I know you said it happens on stable too but obviously when you use dev branch you should expect problems of some kind.

It happens on dev and stable for me.

The game is such a mess right now.

Would recommend the dev-build to use currenty. Seems much more stable than official 1.40, but there can be worse days with DEV.

Rewriting currently the marked platoons to use locations as "database" instead of arrays. Tweaking still needed but updates again in day or few.

It happens on dev and stable for me.

The game is such a mess right now.

So this sucks that its happening to others, but i am glad i'm not alone. Does anyone agree that this seems to be related to this mission only and/or mostly? Over the last 2 days its gotten worse where it happens within the first 10 min of play at times. Juts noticed i can't even switch between my grenades anymore at times (CRT+G). It's like it's very random what keys stop working. Every time the issue appears, it seems different keys stop working BUT certain ones tend to happen all the time like the DEPLOY key for bipods ©, but whats even funnier is the same key still works to raise and lower the weapon. So its like certain features of the game break.

SAOK, have you never experienced this issue while playing your mission? Is it possible its related to the custom keys the mission uses?

I just wish i knew what causes it so i can avoid it if possible, but so far no luck tracking down when or how it happens...

I have rewritten the map platoons to be made as locations instead of markers. Should be more light in long run. Last evening and whole today have been fighting with the performance drop (found a good location/vehicle to get it started). Still cant find what causes it (if its something in my scripts or game), but at least have been optimiziting scripts quite good. Very annoying issue, hope to get rid of it as soon as possible if possible.

Disabled mission scripts one by one but nothing seem to have effect. But I keep testing.