SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Had some issues with the new added Big Military Tower Building. After a while it wasnt possible anymore to set a point that my AI mates can go upstairs. So i walked alone upstairs, as i reached the top of it the Tower disappears for a couple of seconds (which makes my way down very painful^^) and i died. After returned the tower was back again, but i noticed that it disappears from time to time for 1 second^^

For those that are having issues, try disabling any AI or Realism mods. Like AGM, CSE etc. My group has issues playing with AGM and we disabled it and used the vanilla system no more problems.

Which brings me to this point. Like the Alive Natofor mission is it possible to disable any revive scripts (I cant remember if you have them) and make a AGM version of the mission with AGM modules that will work harmoniously with AGM. This is not to replace your current mission but to have an additional mission just with AGM optimized for it.

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

[/color]

Do you add some fresh maps this week to the mission?

btw: i noticed some behaviour from the Enemy AI on maps which have no pathifindings into buildings (Panthera, Isla Duala etc)

As known i cant move my Teammates into buildings. But the strange thing i noticed was when i was searching for a good spot to snipe a little bit. The enemy has surrounded me and then i couldnt belive what i´ve seen^^ A whole group of CSAT Clowns easily get into building and comes upstairs to finde me (they all died of course, planted some mines on stairs) but this action was happen all the time when a new group arrived. They always get into building and comes upstairs. Now i wonder why they can and my AI mates cant^^

I asked already IceBreakr, maybe he knows a solution for this behaviour ^^

In panthera only with the asr ai and the AGM (with configuration ) my teammates enter buildings.

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

[/color]

In panthera only with the asr ai and the AGM (with configuration ) my teammates enter buildings.

Did you mean the Panthera Arma2 Version or the latest Panthera for Arma3 Version?

Did you mean the Panthera Arma2 Version or the latest Panthera for Arma3 Version?

The lastest panthera for Arma 3.

i dont know if this is only happening to me, but for some reason, the latest version of WLA, keeps crashing when i start the mission with mods, like it runs fine when i dont have any mods activated, but as soon as i turn on 1 mod, it dies when i click continue with old save, the list of the mods i run will be listed below, do note that the previous version of WLA worked with no issues.

@ASDG_JR

@Blastcore-A3-Phoenix

@DragonFyre

@Mao

@vdebug

@TPW_MODS

@CBA_A3

@RH Acc

@SaOk

@Blastcore-Tracers

@RAM

@bCombat-0.18

@smarter_tanks

@sakumods

@WW_AICOVER

@RHSAFRF

@RHSUSF

@RPA_Refined_Vehicles

@Vcom_Driving

@TEC_CSAT

i have never experienced any issues with any of these mods in previous versions of WLA.

Leave dev branch and go back to stable ;)

Yep. I have some of those mods and dev branch makes it crash. Stable works fine.

Heya, thanks for a wonderful mission that's a lot of fun! Have some minor issues though.

1. Am I right in thinking there currently aren't any support for ammo/weapon supply drops with stuff from mods like RHS: Escalation? If not in the mod, how hard is it to mod your mission by myself to at least add some ammo drops for my RHS weapons? It's kind of annoying having to call in a Humvee to just get a few M4 mags. :D

2. When I make HC groups from my squad members they tend to disappear, is this working as intended? I guess it might be the routines you have in place to keep FPS manageable by purging stuff? Anything I can do to not make my own HC groups just disappear?

Running 1.40 stable.

Thanks, :) not yet included mod crate support but in plans. Also need to add marked infantry platoons to make those made HC groups stay. Its bigger task to make (need to have proper effect in virtual battles too), but coming at some point definitely.

Didnt yet manage to find out why the Big Military Tower Building bugged, but made some changes.

Mission update in day or few again.

Edit: Havent forgotten the map support additions but those coming late next week.

Edited by SaOk

The lastest panthera for Arma 3.

Then there must be some point which doesnt fit there. I even asked the creator of Panthera, he told me that he didnt have added waypoints into buildings on the map, thats why it confuses me that your Panthera seems to be fine^^

Then there must be some point which doesnt fit there. I even asked the creator of Panthera, he told me that he didnt have added waypoints into buildings on the map, thats why it confuses me that your Panthera seems to be fine^^

I noticed that in Takistan they do not enter houses but when build my base saw them enter the military offices , what you think of it? I still want to try in clafghan , fallujah and Duala .

What are the ai mods there that you use ?

Own buildings can be enter by AI thats usual. But not the Buildings of the map. I tried Duala, didnt work to send AI into buildings. I can send them to cover on Buildings corners, but not into Buildings. Fallujah works, but have some wierd Crashes on Fallujah, didnt have those on other maps. Didnt try with New Stable Version 1.4, but with 1.38 i experienced those crashes on Fallujah.

Own buildings can be enter by AI thats usual. But not the Buildings of the map. I tried Duala, didnt work to send AI into buildings. I can send them to cover on Buildings corners, but not into Buildings. Fallujah works, but have some wierd Crashes on Fallujah, didnt have those on other maps. Didnt try with New Stable Version 1.4, but with 1.38 i experienced those crashes on Fallujah.

But they find coverage inside buildings by own will , or is there any specific order to do so ? In Chernarus also works.

Hey Saok

In regards to how you start the mission, do you have any plans to add any other methods of insertion? I remember way back (possibly years ago) that I suggested you add helicopter insertion, and then you did, so I thought this'd be worth a shot to ask again.

I was thinking that it would be cool to start off in a plane (the C130 if you have RHS, or perhaps a transport heli) and the plane is going down over some random area of the map (it has no fuel or the pilots are dead). You'd have about 40 seconds to jump out and parachute to safety with your team (or by yourself).

It would certainly add some excitement to the beginning of the mission.

Also, I know there is the really cool "begin with arsenal" function. Only recommendation is to make it possible to customize your entire team load out prior to commencing the mission.

More insertion types would be definitely nice, liking especially the crashing plane idea (the chopper could also crash sometimes and mission start same way as in Zub). Would like to add way to customize team loud outs but Zeus dont seem to support it. But both in plans, working on those at some point.

Have added more platoon AI behaviour - antiair makes airvehicles flee, land vehicles flee if airvehicle gets after them when there is not antiair around and antiair/air support is called in certain conditions. Hope to add next big role for artillery too and also give bonuses when there is recon team nearby (it could be arty spotter and also reveal nearby enemy platoon/post data). Camp/other battles also are now saved so those dont dissapear when loading custom save. NATO/Green camps have also more features available. Still tweaking needed, but mission update soon (also working on the cities skylines review that slows down updates until mid week).

New WLA SP Test Update (dropbox only). Added more AI platoon behaviour, camp battles are saved, optimizations and much tweaks (including gear shop/mil center available now also in NATO/Green camp).

Getting some script performance drops, not sure if mission or DEV-build related, so released this as test version for now.

Edited by SaOk

sOAK, Wanted to say man this mission is awesome. Cant thank you enough for all the efforts you keep putting into it. Every updates makes it better and better.

With that said, I had a few questions:

1. It seems certain keys from MODs stop working after a bit. For example, i am using AGM and another 4GP which allows to fit custom loadouts. I have been able to tell for sure but i think its when i die and respawn the the keys stop working. The CNTL+WIN Key or for the other mod CTL+ALT+#'s. Even other MODS that use a single keypress like "." or "/" stop working. Noticed as well the help menus no longer respond to the H key to expand the menu. Can anyone confirm what this is and what might be the cause? (FYI i limited AGM to just some basic simple modules like the movement, and reload, etc..)

2. With the savegame/load. Are you saying during mission play if i manual save either through menu or 0-0-0, and want to reload that, can i load the saved file? Or should i always restart the mission? What breaks if i load it from the menu instead of restarting during the same ingame session? It seems to be working but not sure if there is something else i am missing. When restarting the game, i can understand better why you would want to restart the mission....

Thanks!

Thanks :) you need to change mod options in shift+1 to "old". Else player is cloned during respawn which break the custom mod keys. As downside, with old-setting the enemy know your respawn location. Using resume button loads the game's own savegame file, but there is risk the performance leaks worse. But so far it feels good, you can use it. When mission or game is updated or used mods changed, then its better to restart and continue the mission progress from start options.

Thanks :) you need to change mod options in shift+1 to "old". Else player is cloned during respawn which break the custom mod keys. As downside, with old-setting the enemy know your respawn location. Using resume button loads the game's own savegame file, but there is risk the performance leaks worse. But so far it feels good, you can use it. When mission or game is updated or used mods changed, then its better to restart and continue the mission progress from start options.

TY Sir. I'll try that and let you know if i experience any further problems

He should really use the Mod "Moduload" cause Moduload is able to load (Initializie) those mods when they stop working within the mission

He should really use the Mod "Moduload" cause Moduload is able to load (Initializie) those mods when they stop working within the mission

Thanks LSD, adding that to my mod list :)

Hey guys, still having issues. Not able to find a way to replicate it either. Its weird and not only affecting AGM, but other MODS that use hotkeys as well.

Problem starts out as follows:

1. Play a mission from start and all keys are working fine. AGM allows to load MENUs along with other MODS hotkeys working as well.

2. After a set amount of time, not sure if it happens after respawn or cutscreens or what, the hotkeys stop working. AGM menu no longer comes up (or weapon resting). The Help menu where you hit "H" no longer responseds. But the other normal keys seem to work. It's only certain keys.

I've tried random respawns/loads to see if that is what causes the issue and when i test it this way it still works. Also i tried the Moduload and that didnt help either. Strange... If anyone can test to see if they can replicate that would be cool. Have no idea what it could be..