SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

New SP WLA version (dropbox only currently, see first post in this thread). Added support for RHS Escalation. If you start new game and have both US/Russian content of the mod installed, there is setting automatically enabled to switch into that mod content. Still testing, could be some bugs hiding and some tasks still have some few old CSAT/NATO units.

Will see with the parked cars toggle, also test that transport chopper in COOP. You should be able normally to click on map to make it move. Arsenal can be accessed more times when commiting tasks in COOP, or there is parameter (button in player role selecting screen) to allow unlimited access.

SaOk you are my hero! That's awesome you added RHS support, very quickly too! Looking forward to when the tasks are set up for RHS factions.

Are you going to be adding the same functionality for other popular mods? I would think the same functionality would benefit East vs West.

Thanks :), most of the task content also follow the RHS content, but e.g. captured officer are CSAT. Tweaking those right very soon. More mod templates are definitely possible. The easiest to add mods with one or more whole factions. Could later maybe add one template selecting for each side, maybe even allow combining.

How come I can add RHS units/vehicles with Zeus in the editor but not in this mod?

How come I can add RHS units/vehicles with Zeus in the editor but not in this mod?

This would only work if you would place a Zeus Gamemaster Module on this mission.

I have gotten performance issues. I probably hold 1/4th of the map, camps here and there but FPS is down to 10-15. Really hard to play.

Anything I can do to alleviate the situation? Anything to think about before I start a new game?

Thanks for the earlier answer about icons and whatever the other thing was (poor memory).

I have gotten performance issues. I probably hold 1/4th of the map, camps here and there but FPS is down to 10-15. Really hard to play.

Anything I can do to alleviate the situation? Anything to think about before I start a new game?

Thanks for the earlier answer about icons and whatever the other thing was (poor memory).

Save the Game with the 0-0-0 combination and exit the game. Fire it up again, go into Scenarios and then choose the "Restart". After the short Intro you will be able to choose from 2 options "Continue old Savegame" and "Start new Game"

Choose "Continue old Savegame" it will load your previous saved (with 0-0-0) mission, but it reinitializes the entire mission, this should solve the most fps issues

Its best to use the custom savegame function at least once in 4-12 hours. The more mods, the faster FPS may leak. Destruction in villages may boost the effect too. Remember to save with that 0-0-0, or in shift+1 menu or shift+1 options autosave. The ESC-menu savegame button dosent create my custom savegame file. And when saving you need to wait "saving completed"-hint to appear.

Edited by SaOk

Hello SaOk, I send some feedback from the Coop version of Whole lotta Altis I played with a friend yesterday and it was very veyr cool, It seem like there is a bug where you cannot add a create in any truck, (consturct truck, civilian truck and any variants) for the delivery mission, also Arsenal sometime remove you some ammo its maybe a little issue, also not sure about this one but I think some base are duplicated or the marker on map (may cause little fps usage), Baril actually explode on friendly base when civilian come close to it (not sure if its kamikaze action or just a bug ^^). Mission was very fps friendly tho and very cool we didn't had time to finish it and the save in coop seems to work. mods used @CBA_A3;@JSRS2.2;@RH_M4;@Blastcore;@PG_Services

best regards,

Thanks, great to hear the COOP is running smooth. I will soon start working on big update for it, copy-pasting much new and improved features from SP version. Including much more vehicles that can carry crates, and will properly test that it will work in MP too. SP version also have barrel tweaks that will copy-paste too. When I was testing shortly the COOP around week back, also got killed by barrel.

Wow, I've never seen one of these complex, procedural missions work so well. Until now I've always given up because of performance issues, dodgy persistence and bugs. But Whole Lotta Altis really works!

That said, does anyone know how to capture the darn piers on the Chernarus map? I've killed all nearby enemies and built sandbag bunkers galore, but still no joy. Can I win the game without capturing them and getting NATO to land?

I've just spent an appalling amount of time in the mission, running around in a BMP-1 happy as a clam, thanks to RHS. But why do vanilla units keep spawning? The NATO IFVs are so pathetic when you have access to real vehicles.

Thanks :), will begin Chernarus test-session too soon. The Green and Resistance have still ArmA3 units/vehicles. I try to think something for that too, but its possible to freely tweak the sides in shift+1 mod section after selecting the RHS setting in mission start options. Once you get NATO support the RHS US stuff appear.

Actually I have NATO and CSAT stuff all over the place, alongside the RHS units. I have gone to the mod section and verified that there is nothing vanilla (from BLUFOR or REDFOR) in the righthand category boxes.

It's the pier capturing that's the biggest problem, though. Is that a Chernarus issue?

+1 running into Vanilla units while using RHS -probably a gazillion spawn scripts and some just didnt get converted yet. Also I spawned with an MX rifle as well.

Also, did you ever mess around with the 'gun pointed at civilian lowering reputation/trust' idea? Just now I was trying to 'convince' an AI to let us borrow his truck by shooting around it when accidently shot him as well. After removing him, he was still alive and talked very politely with me. Maybe a check that if player harms an AI, even a TPW spawned one, it hurts his cred for that region?

These things will add immersion to the environment that you gotta respect the locals.

The pier capturing working at least on Altis, guardpost with static weapon or guard. But checking the Chernarus soon. Will tweak the few task have RHS units too. Its challening to blacklist all default weapons, but random weapon is given only at mission start, else russians and americans should have their default gear as default (you can still toggle on random weapons in shift+1 options).

There is variable already added for civilians you point weapon at, but it only stops them throwing stuff at you (may also appear in dynamic news in gear section). I will work soon to make the civs have different lines in the conversation.

Edited by SaOk

Hey Soak

Great mission. I especially love this on single player with RHS Escalation. Totally awesome.

Can't wait for the latest version of Single player to be multiplayer. Been playing Whole Lotta Altis for a while now and the latest version of singleplayer is brilliant. Would be so great with coop especially RHS

*drool*

Okay, got the pier issue solved, thanks. I didn't realize that I needed manned static weapons to capture the pier. Empty sandbag bunkers worked for everything else.

I realy like this mod .. Anyone can give me list of Addons are good with this mod ??

I realy like this mod .. Anyone can give me list of Addons are good with this mod ??

Using some of the listed mod from the first page is very good :

-PG Services mercenaries

-Speed of sounds or Jsrs 2.2 with LAxemann's Enhanced Sondscape aka LES for sound

-Blastcore for visual its give you some pretty nice immerison on the game

-HLC weapons and core all of those weapons are great with nice details and very nice sound

-RHS_Escalation for big change in game if you play sp version.

and a lot more on armaholic.

@SaOk I have found a new bug on Coop version using Rhs_esclation mod make the friendly ai bug. I think they make the side change to neutral or something like that because they don't shoot at all anymore on CSAT troop some vehicle in base are coming empty when a camp is captured also found that town civilian who are friendly are supposed to help but they seems like neutral also they don't shoot on Csat troop but if they are hostile they actually try to shoot you with pistol.

Again, mate... Keep up the great work, hopefully you'll get the "Make Arma not War" thingy...

After logging many, many hours... I have to say one niggling thing keeps creeping up for me... I will be in the middle of a contact (fight) and complete a task, then the forced cut-scene will happen and afterwards I will get shot by the enemy I was fighting... This happens quite a bit and as I don't use the respawn because it messes with some shtuff I have to reload...

Maybe having a point to go to and then start a conversation with the person you have to meet up with would be a good alternative... It also slows the mission down and allows us to finish dealing with the enemy threat before it costs us...

Anyhoo... Love the addition of the RHS content... Bloody brilliant!

plz saok eta on improvements to coop (with rhs)

must... have... coop... whole.. lotta... altis..with... rhs....

*drool*

I'm getting some bugs, could be because of mods but anyway...

1. Calling in infantry via parachutes, Call support->teammates(para). They can sometimes land on roofs and get stuck there, still in that gliding thru air-animation.

2. Building a bunker and then choosing to put down an AI vehicle/weapon (static) always seems to end in that unit blowing up, either immediately or after 1 minute. Because another unit (same type) is spawned on the same spot. Same happens quite often with vehicles that spawn in the world, cars, trucks etc.