SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Not yet, currently working on it. I try to have it uploaded later today since once the new alpha is out, the current version dosent work with it.

Noticed the alpha update was delayed to next week. Remember to turn off the AI vehicles in parameters if playing the 0.57 version COOP with non-DEV alpha.

But I could recommend the DEV-version, its working smooth now.

Edit: SP version will be delayed for some time (day or two). Trying to include some more meaning for the mission and create some cinema.

Edited by SaOk

Thanks for this Saok , had my best experiance of arma3 with this , Had a great fire fight on the hill next to the airport and a even better one attacking the airport.

Enjoyed the extra sounds you put in and the flares is a nice touch and support options

Keep up the good work look forward to future updates :)

Thanks, :)

I am late with the update. Still planning what to add and testing various things.

New SP version 0.50 for the mission is available. Much stuff from COOP version are now included, but mostly this update is to make the mission work with new ifrit class. I continue working on the mission to improve much more. Since there is now SP menu, install the mission now into Missions-folder.

Change Log:

-Added AI First Aid Support by DAP

-Added BIS artillery support

-Much additions from COOP version

-Added WIP intro

-Ifrit classes changed for new alpha

Edit: Note that the current COOP version already works with new alpha.

WIP Intro cinema with some new chopper scenes not yet in 0.50:

Edited by SaOk

Hey!

I'm using the latest MP version and I seem to have a problem with my AI! I've tried normal and dev alpha.

I havn't changed a thing in this version.

The problem is that alot of the AI controlled players just spawn and stand still after a while, i think after there first death. Same problem with your own AI squad members. Seems as if it happends when I can control them to drive a heli/car and drive away somewhere and dies. The other AI I'm not sure, maybe they also died inside a vehicle.

Going to see what can I do. I noticed the AI over-uses binoculars, but there could be some other bug.

I noticed the AI over-uses binoculars.

Flashbacks to ArmA 2 start when I read that. My lord the optics. They must put something on those optics to make soldiers so enthusiastic about using them.

Hey!

I'm using the latest MP version and I seem to have a problem with my AI! I've tried normal and dev alpha.

I havn't changed a thing in this version.

The problem is that alot of the AI controlled players just spawn and stand still after a while, i think after there first death. Same problem with your own AI squad members. Seems as if it happends when I can control them to drive a heli/car and drive away somewhere and dies. The other AI I'm not sure, maybe they also died inside a vehicle.

Yeah, I noticed this too. My AI squad won't follow my orders. They stand around with the other friendly AI at the respawn point, and get picked off by any OPFOR that come by. On normal alpha, latest MP version.

SaOK, single player mission is great, but does getting overwhelmed at the spawning point consist of part of your nefarious plan? I'm going to have to go back to playing the COOP version; had more guys, had a better chance of getting out there and conquering other basis.

And this dying thing, which I tend to do a lot of, I know is probably not part of your mission, but does anyone like "laying there" looking through bloody eyelashes, alternating with a blacked out screen, for a few minutes?

The intro movie is cool on YouTube, it's all fuzzy and completely distorted on my forty inch monitor in game. The resolution of what you used is far too low. Personally, I'm more interested in missions than intro movies, but, that's me...

Great work, keep it coming.

I will change the insertion for SP version to have more story-written progress. Currently there might be randomly more or less enemies near the start. I added the first aid support script. Going to test the issues and hopefully find fix for those.

The game have some forced heavy filter for the intro section while in editor it look normal. Need to wait BIS to patch it.

Maybe the bug has something to do with the First Aid support thing?

I solved the overwhelming problem on one of the earlier versions by moving the spawn to camp.. maxwell? (already forgot the name of the locations in arma3 :p)

Yeah, I noticed this too. My AI squad won't follow my orders. They stand around with the other friendly AI at the respawn point, and get picked off by any OPFOR that come by. On normal alpha, latest MP version.

Yeah its a shame we're having this atm :(

there might be randomly more or less enemies near the start.

I had more, LOL. Good lord, it was unbelievable. Fun, but just relentless. Didn't have a chance.

Well, as it's random and not scripted, it's through no nefarious devious plan on your part! Great stuff. Thanks for putting the 40mm grenade launcher on the Hummer. Had an absolute blast with that even though I didn't have a chance in hell of surviving.

Hey!

The problem is that alot of the AI controlled players just spawn and stand still after a while, i think after there first death. Same problem with your own AI squad members.

I've also noticed alot of that with my AI group members, although I've also seen it in other missions as well so not sure if it's a script bug or simply the new Arma3 AI at fault here...but yea, controlling friendly AI has become seriously annoying for me in many missions...many times they simply quit responding to any/all commands and become useless after awhile never returning to formation...I can see them hundreds of meters away just standing up and will not follow ANY command I give them...even if i simply tell them to go prone...nada, nothing. They'll verbally respond by saying "roger" (or the like) but they are frozen.

New COOP version 0.58 is here, supporting Headless Clients! Requires Dev Version to play until the reqular alpha is patched. Let me know how it works, I couldnt test the HC myself if its really working. You can e.g. disable civilian life for server and then if civilians appear, those are from HC. Else there can also be much more units on map. Server only need to run the zone scripts and leave rest to HCs if wanted.

Change Log:

-REQUIRES DEV VERSION TO PLAY (OR NEWER REQULAR ALPHA THAN THE CURRENT 0.52)

-Added Headless Clients support (for up to 3)

-Much new parameters for Headless Clients

-Updated "=BTC= Revive" by Giallustio to latest

Edit: Re-uploaded the file with "Grass"-action fixes.

Edited by SaOk

I re-uploaded the COOP version 0.58. There is now enableAI-used for respawning AI and they dont seem to stuck anymore. Also AI teams use also now vehicles with weapons.

New COOP version 0.59. Hints and other client messages shouldnt stop working now. There is some performance tweaks (less AI vehicles coming from reinforcements scripts). I also disabled unneeded stuff for "headless clients"-units.

Awesome!

Didn't even have time to try out ver58 :D

Hope it works nearly flawless!!

Thanks for all the great work your putting into this! (love)

Hi, nice mission SaOk :)

I have also noticed swimming units appearing in the guard towers around Mike-26 shortly after I captured it (SP version 0.50). Do these units get created in the ocean somewhere, then setPos them to the guard towers?

Edited by ceeeb

Got a question again!

About headless clients.

I got it setup but I was wondering if its possible to make the HC pick one of the civilian roles without having an admin placing the HC on one of those roles?

Having some trouble running the mission now, keep losing connection after a few minutes. Probably my server not being able to run this many AI lol. damn {mad}

Thanks, :) the units that are placed to building positions somehow swim sometimes. Havent yet found a fix for it, but I will check those BIS modules that spawn units too into houses to see how they avoid it. Maybe there could be a loop checking what animations unit is using, with re-positioning, until the swimming have ended. Lets see.

The joining HC's should automatically pick the civilians roles (there is the forceHeadlessClient=1; in mission.sqm). Those slots are locked for normal players. If played without HC's there is less units (the old amount of units minus what I removed for the latest version). I keep tweaking the performance. The spawning distances could be lower as default.

Remember that the new mission version requires currently DEV-version since the reqular alpha dosent have yet the new HC-related commands.

Gonna check it out thanks (:

Yeah I'm using the latest! Trying to figure out whats making me and others get disconnected after 5-20mins .

But maybe I've configured the server wrong or not good enough server :D . But the earlier versions worked just fine!

rpt filled with

Server: Network message xxxx is pending

Server: Unhandled user message type_xxx

xxxx / xxx = diffrent digits each time

and lots of diffrent LODShape: errors :(

New COOP version 0.60 is available with some client error fixes.

Strange error messages. Not sure if those are related to my scripts or just some game bugs. I keep tweaking.