SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Getting crashes about 1min after loaded in. I'm running cba, sthud and a couple of other mods. Should the mission be run without any mods? I'm also running dev build.

These crashes all happened on multiplayer, singleplayer was fine.

I havent yet tested if the smoke works. I updated that feature, but forgot to test it, but once the chopper send the message its late to throw the smoke anymore, unless I tweak it some more.

The dev version could be broken at times. Last time I tested it gave error when loading the game (with -showScriptErrors as startup parameter for the game) and the performance was horrible.

I will do some more testing with the vehicles. There should be enemy sending units with chopper too, but I havent seen it yet. Going to test e.g. if that is crashing the game.

My mind is blown and my paranoia is through the roof... maybe we just become worse the longer we play...

I can add parameter for unit skills too, the code needs to be placed in various spawning scripts. There is no enemies on map, everything (except players, crates, some markers) is spawned during mission.

hey thanks so much, SaOk...that'll really be a great help!

New COOP version 0.52 is here. Didnt yet crash. AI reinforcements transported with chopper should now unload properly. I also made AI support calls more rare, air support choppers stay 25% less time and land support have now only one attacking vehicle. Bodies should also now delete right, near respawn.

Change Log:

-New parameter to set max fog (Default is now 0.4, was locked to 0.7 before (value for new Dense))

-New parameter to set AI aiming accuracy (Low - 0.1, Lower - 0.3, Normal is the old unknown default)

-Many other fixes & tweaks, and some earlier additions now working

Playing the MP mission there seems to be a bug where I cannot capture any bases. They never turn blue on the map and the AI always stays at the first objective.

Change Log:

-New parameter to set max fog (Default is now 0.4, was locked to 0.7 before (value for new Dense))

-New parameter to set AI aiming accuracy (Low - 0.1, Lower - 0.3, Normal is the old unknown default)

the accuracy config is cool! It's going to improve the already great mission

Playing the MP mission there seems to be a bug where I cannot capture any bases. They never turn blue on the map and the AI always stays at the first objective.

Are you using the latest mission version? For me the AI teams have managed to capture the zones (at least first two) by themselves too.

New COOP version 0.52 is here. Didnt yet crash. AI reinforcements transported with chopper should now unload properly. I also made AI support calls more rare, air support choppers stay 25% less time and land support have now only one attacking vehicle. Bodies should also now delete right, near respawn.

Change Log:

I was playing the .52 version last night as singleplayer. Tried to drive my team to Kamino fire range from the spawn point in one of trucks at the spawn. The game crashed about 2/3rds of the way to Kamino. Did it three times and crashed every time. I'll see if I can walk them there tonight. Before using a truck I did manage to fly their once in a helicopter with my team, but later I tried it again in a helicopter and the game crashed. That's why I switched to a truck, but I didn't have any better luck.

Hope this helps with your debugging, SaOK.

Thanks, I believe there is something unstable with the game (vehicle related) unless I have some deadly loop somewhere (there shouldnt be since I use the same scripts in ArmA2 mission Whole Lotta War which dosent crash). Cant wait the first alpha update. DEV version could have already less crashing, but at least for me it still stutters very much while the basic alpha is smooth.

I noticed the Ifrit class is changed in DEV version. My next mission version will support it, also work with old classname if the change isnt coming to basic alpha soon.

Hi SaOk,

holy moly ;) I´m glad to finished the ZUB...and now back to a new hard battle at unkown terrain...puuh...dear mate...:)

...but i like it, especially your great sense for those missions...hard, thats for sure, but fair!

Thanks alot this is the right way to discover the new ArmA3.

Cheers

McLupo

Thanks, I hope you like it. :) It still very early work since there is much less objects and other content. And there is currently serious crashing problem. I hope its gone soon.

Outstanding work, very good mod.

But I think its impossible to capture Rogain (second objective)... I killed everyone and walked around the area for at least an hour searching for enemies but the marker did not turn blue. (Tried it two times)

Dont know whether I was extremely unlucky or if its a bug.

I've finally finished converting all my modifications over from .52, I had a quick play-through and within an hour the base was overrun by 4 enemy cars. Any chance of a zone restriction or something along them lines ? I had a few guys join the server who were very impressed by your mission ! Loving all the new features (especially AI using smokes + flares properly), everything seems to be working well :) Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 02:18 ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 ----------

Outstanding work, very good mod.

But I think its impossible to capture Rogain (second objective)... I killed everyone and walked around the area for at least an hour searching for enemies but the marker did not turn blue. (Tried it two times)

Dont know whether I was extremely unlucky or if its a bug.

Its not a mod, its a mission ! I had this problem a few times with various bases, you have to move around 300m outwards from whichever base and return - it should respawn the enemy for you to try again.

Thanks (you both), :) did you play the 0.52 version? It should have better detection when zone is captured. With old 70% enemies down, it also checks if there in no enemy inside 300m radius (from the marker) and any player inside 100m radius. That should ignore the enemy that have wandered away from their patrol route. I could add timer too, if there is enemies e.g. hidding inside walls for some reason.

I will check in visible zones too, if the enemy car patrols may be spawned too close of respawn.

I continue tweaking the mission.

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 ----------

New COOP version 0.53 is available with new hopefully much more stable "no AI vehicles"-mode. Its set enabled as default (for current alpha). All the radio support, invisible zones, traffic, reinforcements with AI using vehicles are disabled in that. Also the playable AI teams dont use vehicles to travel.

Change Log:

-Added "no AI vehicles"-mode for better stability in current alpha (default - enabled)

-Added "more infantry"-mode to compensate vehicles and for better servers (default - enabled)

-Other tweaks&fixes

Edited by SaOk

Excellent ! Ill give this a go today

A timer would be great! That would eliminate that bug/situation I was in.

And btw. in about 3 hours I only had one crash (Version 0.52).

Edited by Danetrooper

Yes currently, but I am going to return to work on the SP version soon too. Planning to add some cinema and livefeed stuff in it.

Could you add a setTerraingrid option, I hate grass thats forced on, unless you can actually hide from AI in it (which so far you couldnt), its useless and also Im running A3 on low gfx.

Besides that, could the markers be more descriptive, exclamation markers dont say much, I played it in coop and there was a red marker with no enemies around it and no one knew what to do (is there an enemy hiding, is there sth youre supposed to destroy, what size area needs to be cleared)

Sure, I had been planning marker upgrades. The areas should be easy to capture, but for some reason the scripts fail sometimes. I dont know if there is units spawning under ground or something like that. I will add extra timer with the old conditions.

I will also add that setTerraingrid at some point.

Sure, I had been planning marker upgrades. The areas should be easy to capture, but for some reason the scripts fail sometimes. I dont know if there is units spawning under ground or something like that. I will add extra timer with the old conditions.

I will also add that setTerraingrid at some point.

The problem is with the units inside buildings, they usually spawn underground or somewhere between the wall, so you can't actually see them untill they starting shooting you. Also i've tried to kill an AI inside those container but the bullets didn't hit him, even though i could clearly see him by the window and had a perfect shot, so i had to go inside the container to kill him.

I don't know if this is alpha problem or some script issue.

New COOP version 0.54 is available. Let me know how the live feed is working for clients (if server have enabled it from parameters). If there is any flying friendly chopper (both AI or player pilot) near of the player it should display footage from the chopper, scanning the nearby units (hostile/friendlies) or random spots on ground. Is it disabled also if player have set PiP off? Didnt yet improve marker or add setTerraingrid. Going to work on those soon.

Change Log:

-Crates cant be destroyed no more

-Added experimental live feed, for players, from nearby chopper (default - disabled)

-Visible timer added for zone capturing (need to be less than 25m away from marker)

-Other fixes/tweaks

Units in walls can be thought as script and alpha problem. It didnt happen in ArmA2 with the same methods I am using, but scripts could always be improved too.

Edited by SaOk

Again thx for your work ! How to disable friendly units (I mean not AI which can be disabled in the lobby ) but AI units which randomly spawn in the middle of fight close to spawn base or AO.

Thanks, :) I will add parameter for that.