SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Noooo! I can't download v0.48 of this excellent mission.....dropbox link is broken!

It is not the link, dropbox is down for some reason. I knew I should have downloaded it at work and brought it home on a thumb drive. :(

Thanks, :) I reuploaded the 0.49 version about 1 hour ago. The first time the AI groups actually made to the second zone. I still need to tweak the behaviour when part of the group is back at base and the rest are far away still at a zone. At least there is now extra loop to check if the leader is standing still, which resets the waypoints for him and try to make him use vehicle again. Once there is invisible helipads (unless there is other way to make AI pilot land) or/and parachutes I will add transport choppers too.

Hello SaOk.

I have installed version .49 coop, and have been playing against bots solo. Once I capture one or more enemy areas, one hunter will spawn and then another until arma crashes. Standing in town and having 40 or so hunters spawned around me and other places is interesting as they start to spawn in buildings and begin to explode. Makes for some good laughs but all that smoke lags me out and arma crashes. I have tried three times and it happens every time. Like a spawn script has no end, has anyone else had this problem? Maybe since the leaders can spawn vehicles now this could be the issue? Since this is my first post and Arma 3 is my first arma experience I could of have done something wrong.

Hope to hear back from ya, as this is one of my new favorites to play.

PS: I have a noob question: whats the difference between single and coop aren't they the same, fighting AI bots?

Thanks, :) I reuploaded the 0.49 version about 1 hour ago.

Thanks! Trying 0.49 now!

Once I capture one or more enemy areas, one hunter will spawn and then another until arma crashes. Standing in town and having 40 or so hunters spawned around me and other places is interesting as they start to spawn in buildings and begin to explode. Makes for some good laughs but all that smoke lags me out and arma crashes. I have tried three times and it happens every time. Like a spawn script has no end, has anyone else had this problem? Maybe since the leaders can spawn vehicles now this could be the issue?

Just confirmed this issue. Otherwise, this is a great, and I mean great, mission. Thanks SaOK!

Hello SaOk.

PS: I have a noob question: whats the difference between single and coop aren't they the same, fighting AI bots?

It appears that when you get hurt or die playing coop, you have to wait over five hundred seconds for one of your team mates to come by to heal you. Plus the coop has a lot more vehicles and a helicopter. Coop has two additional AI teams that seem to do their own thing.

IN single player, when you die, you come right back, at the base. You lose whatever weapons that you found along the way. Unfortunately, the bodies don't always stay around long enough to go back and get them. IN SP also, you control seven AI teammates. SP is lacking all the new cool stuff found in coop at this time.

Still waiting for my tank... Helicopter would be fun too! :)

After capturing the city and airbase I got this weird bug, which obviously killed my performance:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613886492429582103/B53FC1AA6CCDCC27AA43DAE781F373EEFACFA0D2/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613886492429585810/FC56A6673CC7D94C680DF1046F294F318E065AD0/

Beside that bug, awesome mission! Keep up the good work :)

Just curious, any idea why you can save the game where you want to, but, cannot revert back to any of your save games? It always reverts back to where you "suspended" the game, when you left the game. Is it just because it's in alpha, or, is it a "multiplayer" issue.

Also, "fast travel" does not seem to be enabled, though it's in the manual. Any idea?

New COOP version 0.50 is available with important fixes. Re-download if you downloaded the mission in hour from dropbox. I moved the respawn to new location to test the AI scripts. I plan to add random respawn and selectable respawn in future. If you want capture the old village first again, there is marked mobile that could be driven close to the village and players can teleport to that location via action near the respawn.

I tried to fix that spawn issue, there is also limit now that they cant spawn car unless there is less than 20 vehicles on map. But you can also set off the AI wizard skill, in parameters, so they dont spawn any.

The SP version is lacking many features, only thing it have than COOP dosent is the wait function. I would suggest to play the COOP version as SP. In future, I will expand that SP more and at some point it may start to have much more own features that COOP version dosent have.

Change Log:

-More important tweaks/fixes for AI team vehicle use

-Important fix in waypoint giving system

-New respawn location (I may add chooseable/random respawn point at some point)

Thanks, all. :) That spawning issue looked crazy, sorry for that.

The savegames definitely work more poor in MP, not sure if it automatically saves the game if you are currently respawning. Maybe then the own savegame allow you to continue. There isnt fast travel, I think its a custom feature in some official missions. Currently you can fast travel only to the mobile using the action near respawn.

When you are knocked out, remember that there is an action "respawn" to instantly spawn back to base. AI dosent seem to wake up player. I hope the revive system is updated more. I may also test if the revive by norrin works. I used it before in ArmA2. I continue tweaking the mission.

Just had a run around on a LAN server, noted the weapon crates have no ammo.

And chance of using Tonic's Gear Dialog?

Ah, now I realized why it happens. Crates will be fixed in the next version. I also check that Tonic's Gear Dialog and I heard now that there is invisible helipads in "signs"-section. I will try to add AI transport choppers for AI teams and player. For player it would automatically take his team to near the next zone. Later I could add custom land zone, if I get the map clicking command work (which I didnt in ArmA2 multiplayer).

Hi, I've never played Arama before. I enjoy your mission a lot, however I feel there is quite a jump in difficulty from the novice level of difficulty to the next level (normal or regular, I can't remember what it's called and I'm not at my game computer right now). It seems the AI in regular mode are both good at spotting me, and highly accurate with their weapons. Could one of these be turned down a little in the regular level of difficulty? Novice is too easy and I don't like the red circles that indicate enemies. I like the challenge of spotting them without that, however regular is a bit too hard. A level between novice and regular without any of the novice level's visual crutches is what I'm asking for.

If weakening the regular level's AI isn't well received by the rest of the community then would it be possible to add the ability for the player to more finely tune the AI difficulty? Maybe this feature is not available in Arma. As I said, I'm new to the game and don't know.

Thanks for considering my suggestion.

The server host can adjust the difficulty by modifying his difficulty settings via his .cfg file in users/my documents/arma 3/user.arma3profiles.

Then the server host just selects whichever difficulty profile he modified when he launches the mission.

love this mission man, great job!

Like the new spawn location as well, that town used to kill my fps. Much smoother in the hills.

Not sure if there's a need for the SP mission: now that I've figured out how to respawn after dying (which is a frequent occurrence), the COOP is just really awesome.

Any idea why you can't shoot the machine guns in the helicopter and fly from the right seat? Thought you could do that in the regular ARMA 3 stuff.

Can anyone tell me how can i ask for aerial support or a medic evac?

When i press '5' and select medic or ambulance, they keep answering me 'negative'.

I know it's possible 'cause i've seen some little birds coming and going over the field to engage enemy ifrits.

The server host can adjust the difficulty by modifying his difficulty settings via his .cfg file in users/my documents/arma 3/user.arma3profiles.

Then the server host just selects whichever difficulty profile he modified when he launches the mission.

Thanks Masterjts! I see how it works now. It's very easy to adjust your difficulty settings. For those like me who don't know here is an excerpt from that file. Easy to see how you can adjust the skill and precision of both friendly and enemy AI. Values range from 0 (morons) to 1 (terminators).

class recruit

{

class Flags

{

Armor=1;

FriendlyTag=1;

EnemyTag=0;

MineTag=1;

HUD=1;

HUDPerm=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

HUDGroupInfo=1;

AutoSpot=1;

Map=1;

WeaponCursor=1;

AutoGuideAT=1;

ClockIndicator=1;

3rdPersonView=1;

UltraAI=0;

CameraShake=0;

UnlimitedSaves=1;

DeathMessages=1;

NetStats=1;

VonID=1;

ExtendetInfoType=1;

};

skillFriendly=0.64999998;

skillEnemy=0.40000001;

precisionFriendly=0.36999995;

precisionEnemy=0.1;

};

class regular

{

class Flags

{

Armor=1;

FriendlyTag=1;

EnemyTag=0;

MineTag=1;

HUD=1;

HUDPerm=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

HUDGroupInfo=1;

AutoSpot=1;

Map=1;

WeaponCursor=1;

AutoGuideAT=1;

ClockIndicator=1;

3rdPersonView=1;

UltraAI=0;

CameraShake=1;

UnlimitedSaves=1;

DeathMessages=1;

NetStats=1;

VonID=1;

ExtendetInfoType=1;

};

skillFriendly=0.75;

skillEnemy=0.60000002;

precisionFriendly=0.54999989;

precisionEnemy=0.28000003;

};

Precision in config file doesn't work since a patch in A2 OA. I read a lot of people keep doing this and it has no effect. Have tested it a lot.

If you want to reduce accuracy, you have to change the aimingaccuracy skill and/or other skills like aimingshake, etc on the units skill array.

For example:

{_x setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.3];} forEach allUnits;

in init.sqf

New COOP version 0.51 is available.

Change Log:0.51

-Capture-able zones reworked with more detailed positioning (no more soldiers in toilets)

-Added chopper pick up radio call for player led teams

-Fixed Crates

-Added Backpacks to crates

-Improved AI vehicle use (e.g. new stuck check)

-AI teams may use choppers sometimes to travel

-Performance Tweaks

-Other tweaks & fixes

Btw. sorry if I answer slow, the forum is ultra slow for me. Have been after the alpha was released.