SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Hi SaOK, I've tried latest version of coop, 0.60, set dedicated server as always and no AI spawns on Island, enemy , friendly, etc. Ive tried disabled headless client version. I've never had problem with previous versions. Any help ? It seems it happenes only when hosted on dedicated machine. I've tried hosting on lan and it works.

Edited by PawelKPL
more info

Strange, it should work with dedicated server too. Spawning scripts should be run if gamelogic named server is local. I suspect there is some temporary alpha bug. But I will take a look. I hope they release server.exe soon. It would be much easier to test MP missions.

Yes it is very strange, I'm suspicious about headless-client. The only last version has some startup parameters but I`ve tried both disabled and enabled - no AIs. I've never tried headless-client. I can do it but I do not know how. If you give me a hand how to setup headless server and client I`ll be very happy.

I have a dedicated server set up available for testing if needed. I'll check it out now and see if it works and report back.

I setup HC server and no AIs , it is really strange. The strangest thing when hosting on LAN (no dedicated box) AIs spawn...

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

SORRY GUYS, MY FAULT. My arma 3 alpha on server box was not updated to latest version. ALL PROBLEMS SORTED OUT !!!

Edit - Update - I just switched to the Dev Build and quickly tried local multiplayer and enemy AI spawned.

I just completed testing, both on a dedicated (headless) server and also just running a local multiplayer session on my gaming PC. Both times AI did not spawn.

Please see attached https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41043939/server_errorreport.zip error report from the dedicated server so you can help track down the error. It may be as you said that it is an error introduced in the recent Alpha patch.

Errors of note:

Error in expression <isDedicated)};
};
if (local server || !(hasInterface || isDedicated)) then {

>
 Error position: <hasInterface || isDedicated)) then {

>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: hasinterface
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\init.sqf, line 164

And

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
a3_air_f_mh9

Hopefully it is something that is soon fixed, looks like a great mission. :)

Edited by Lt_Damage

Thanks for feedback. Seems like they have removed suddently the hasInterface-command (or more like condition check) that just came with the DEV version with the HC support. Probably a temporary issue that I hope will be fixed soon. If it the issue isnt gone in next dev version, I will release a version without it. Before that I will add the new classname for mh9 if it have changed as it looks.

Edit: Ah, good to know it was just an old game version server. But I check that chopper class.

Hi, I run dedicated server with HC but and when I look into task manager I see that headless client is at 0% of CPU usage. I can see in my hosted game lobby that headless client is connected as Administrator name. Is it correct ?

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Hi, do you have latest dev build on server side ? Actually it was my issue. You can check my server running on : pawel arma

Hi, I just noted that I have to assign headless client to designated slot but I can't assign it to any head slot; headless slots are greyed out.

Edited by PawelKPL

I used the forceHeadlessClient=1; line (in mission.sqm) to reserve those civs for HC's but seems like its not working right. I dont know yet how to fix that. I would guess that there is something still WIP in the alpha that prevents the HC working as intented. I have no own experience with HC's yet. Once the server.exe's are released I can test that too. Also tweak away, possible remaining client errors (at least there is error from setfog which I havent yet managed to fix).

I found the solution to my problems. AI CAN'T BE DISABLED IN DESCRIPTION.EXT FILE. When I changed it to enabled (Disable AI = 0) it works OK. Thx SaOK for your help.

Is it still required to run DEV version or can I change to normal to have a fully working coop mission with this ? :)

DEV version is still required until the reqular Alpha is patched with the HC support. If it dosent happen in next version, I could release a separate non-HC version.

Hey!

When using X amount of lifes per run its highly annoying when the squad leader gets locked out after X deaths and ai take over and keep ordering the remaining players, every second, to return to formation. I wasn't aware of this until a day ago so I changed to unlimited lifes. But I'd like to have ~10 max respawns/lifes again when possible.

Would it be possible for you to, in later releases, make so the leadership gets passed down to another squad member when the squad leader have died X amount of times and gets locked out?

And it seems as if the AI anti tank soldiers actually don't use their rpgs when driving around in a vehicle? Might just be for me thought, does it work for you?

Also a question for your future releases. Are you planning on having several diffrent options/parameters for us to set the amount of enemies on foot, vehicles, air etc and being able to adjust their spawn time and how aggressive the enemies will be? I remember seeing you saying something about this but I can't find that page, so I am sorry for asking this!

I hope you continue developing this mission (:

The review system have change the 10 lives as default value. I will try to make it changeable in parameters. I like to play sometimes as team-member leaving lead role for AI, but I may add parameter for that too if there isnt any conflicts. Without any scripts, AI should dissempark already when having enemy contact. I will probably update the AI loop scripts more too. There could be more detection of surroundings and different behaviour enabled depending on that.

There definitely could be more parameters to choose those max enemies on foot/vehicles/air. Once the scripts are more final, I will add that. Have been taking smal break from the alpha, time to time tweaking the SP version. After I have the update ready for that, I return to work on the COOP too.

Sounds awesome!

I wish I could contribute on this project.

But all I can do is really give norma-user feedback and annoying wishlists (lol).

Kinda sucks thought, I really wish I could do more.

Question. Did you disable chopper extraction? When I try to call for chopper extraction nothing happends at all. Air and land support works thought.

Your doing a great job! I hope this grows!

I wish there was more servers running this misson! ( I can barely find any with low latency)

ooh I got some wishes

Would be nice if there was some audio when calling for air, land support and chopper extraction.

Damn my english sucks atm i cant explain anything lol. But some radio voices like some other missions have when calling for choppers etc.

i think I'm drunk

how the hell did I get drunk

i feel high.. but I havn't been drinking and I don't take other stuff

I might just be.. weird atm.

sometimes I just .. i dunno :/ I admire people like you and others on the forums. I wan't to be able to code, but I just don't understand the logic in anything.

everyone feels so smart!

the crap I'm sayting atm is just ignore it. I just wanted to say it.

love (:

:), I will check that chopper function. The custom audio can cause much lag when people are joinig, but if SP version get voice-acted. I will do a separate voice-acted COOP version too, meant mostly for closed servers where folks have the version before joining to server.

Coding needs only some practice. I create everything piece by piece with simple coding. Once there script is ready, there might be much loops/function spawning/calling to make things look complicateing, but those are not. I am quite lazy to make things look clean. With limited time, I just throw code in without clear variable names and test it until it seems to work.

I'm playing the single player version, .50. When I call an artillery strike I can hear the mortars being fired and I can tell which direction the sound is coming from. I'm just wondering, if I walked in the direction of the sound would I be able to find the mortar crew? Are they actually somewhere on the map?

The artillery strikes are currently virtual, but I have proper mortars with AI units using them coming for next version. Enemy will use them against player side and if player captures the mortar support will come available, maybe even depending how much mortars/grenades for those player have captured.

The artillery strikes are currently virtual, but I have proper mortars with AI units using them coming for next version. Enemy will use them against player side and if player captures the mortar support will come available, maybe even depending how much mortars/grenades for those player have captured.

Very cool, thank you! It just keeps getting better and better.

awesome!

Got a some small "issues"!

Uhm a random player joined in today and told me that he couldn't see what areas that have been captured. Once the mission have started and someone joins they don't see what areas that are captured. Everything that was blue for the rest of us, when they joined, is red for them.

One thing that is kinda annoyng. The ai runs for the vehicles in the beginning but they always dismount just below the radar station and thats fine. But they also dismount the vehicle with a turret, thats kinda.. bad i guess. Not an big issue!

When you join and pick squad leader class and joins in the AI are sometimes inside a car and you can't get them out unless you shoot at the vehicle till its red and they dismount.

Not an big issue thought!

The marker colors seem to sync very slowly. I think those are meant to be synced automatically, but I could maybe add own script over that. E.g. the server could reset the colors everytime someone joins or on every minute.

The AI teams work better when they are together so leaving gunner too much behind may affect on the behaviour, but I have been planning to add more scripts for AI teams. E.g. Meet up point when the team-mates are far from each other and maybe the teams could wait, for at least, 2 teams to exist near the target zone before attacking. And when the AI team have a vehicle with turret they could drive closer to the zone.

There is some detections made to see when player have taken leader role from AI, but I also got that last issue once. Going to fix it and also make the AI teams get new waypoints more rarely when they are far away from the next zone and without a vehicle.

Ok great! :)

I changed parameters so there is alot more AI aswell as vehicle mode and I noticed the ai is always throwing smokes. There is smoke everywhere!

can i change this somehow? to make it less frequent or whatever?

Not yet, but that parameter would be easy to add or I could make it more rare as default.

O yeah dynamic coop - that's the best there is. keep up this project man, great work.

New COOP version 0.61 is available. Not yet bigger change since I am focusing currently on the SP version.

Change Log:

-Added revive system by norrin (=BTC= Revive removed)

-Updated: AI First Aid Support by DAP to latest

-Marker colors should now display right for JIP-players

-DEV-version still REQUIRED to play