SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

I was wondering. When you go to the Ammo box to set up on what you will need. If you could put in a Save loadout, so if/and when you die. You can come back with what you started with. It would help a lot. For SP version.

New SP version 0.70 is available. Still a lot to do and to improve, but this is to give preview what to come. There is also an optional diving task now (remember to take some weaponry with you). ;)

Change Log:

-Near 10 new story-written tasks (Some are to unlock features) with new insertion

-New briefing/setting

-Many new functions (alarms, boosted sealife, armed locals, livefeeds...)

-Custom scenery (wrecks, some added military structures)

-Much other fixes/tweaks/additions

-DO TO: Proper story/events for late game, more cutscenes, gear gathering, outro...

-KNOWN ISSUES (Current game bugs): Wierd intro filter, messed colors sometimes when playing (double click N to fix)

-Much are still "Work In Progress", but mission should be playable from start to end

The loadout saving could be quite hard to do, but I keep the request in my mind.

Edited by SaOk

Do we take out the old file? This is the old one (SPWholeLottaStratis.Stratis), This is the new one (SPWholeLottaStratis.Stratis.Stratis)

Damn, remove one .Stratis. I will re-upload the file.

Edit: Correct file name is now in the dropbox link. Thanks for letting me know of the bug, barrett217.

Edited by SaOk

Crates (that are supposed to come with one task) with diving gear seems to be currently deleting. :( I re-uploaded the file again with fix.

---------- Post added at 00:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

Sometimes nothing goes. Again the file re-uploaded. I had forgot to switch my test-unit away and set time back to night.

I like what you have done with the new setup. I was wondering if there was a way to keep the old version as well. I like them both. For SP Mission.

There is. You only need to change the filename. E.g. SPWholeLottaStratisOLD.Stratis.pbo. Then the both are listed in the scenarious, but the overview have version number.

Edited by SaOk

SaOK, not to complain,,,,,,,,,but the Mortar is DEATH! I have to take them out soon or it's going to be "Whole lotta Hell".

Noticed one bug, but maybe A3 bug:

If I DRAG an injured teammate, DROP him, then I can't move. I get stuck in one position.

I have to DRAG (if I can) and DROP again.....

Loving the mission btw.....it's action packed like always!

Thanks, :)

I made mortar function as the last addition without much testing and its definitely too efficient currently. It should randomly pick opposited side unit and unaccurately fire mortar over him, but its often picking player or then the AI mortars are firing at player by themselves (without script commands). I will tone it more down for next version, also add that the target must be known for someone. Currently the enemy mortars become 50% more rare once you complete the mortar task (half of mortars are then friendly). I may try to add separate spotters too and maybe a function for player to call mortar strike on wanted location. I will update the "AI First Aid Support by DAP" too, once there is new versions of it.

yeah, the first aid thing in singleplayer has a bunch of bugs. two-thirds of the time i am receiving first aid, i am unable to move from the prone position afterwards. can spin around, give orders, etc, can't get up or move though. assuming that the medic even bothers to give aid, or doesnt freeze in a kneeling position. But i imagine thats really up to DAP.

Also, while i like the locals acting as reinforcements for your unit, the fact they only carry a single mag is problematic, maybe give them a bandolier or web belt?

love the flares by the way.

I may make the first aid script chooseable from starting dialog. Also noticed the low ammo with locals. Going to leave vests for them or to move the magazines to backpack. Currently the shipyard task could be hard complete since the guards seem to wander away. I try to update the mission soon. At least for weekend.

---------- Post added at 00:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

New SP version 0.73 is here.

Change Log:

-Vests arent removed for armed locals (no longer low on ammo)

-Shipyard zone updated

-Enemy mortars/alarmed choppers are more rare

-More crates added to zones

-Invisible zone capture timer added

Hi Saok,

I'm playing SP only. Not sure if this has been mentioned? I played 0.70 last night and I noticed the cut-scene at the start was extremely blurry @_@

Also, can you make it in SP that when you get hit the screen doesn't go black while you wait for a medic to heal you? I'm not even sure if the AI medic ever does come to heal you because most of the time I just end up dying. Unless I need the dev build?

The blurry intro is buggy game effect. Its forced on when playing the intro outside of the editor. We can only wait it to be fixed, but anyway my cinema parts are still very WIP. The black screen is from the first aid script by DAP. Its probably updated much too and I will keep the mission to have the latest script version. The team-mates might be now more willing to heal in version 0.73 where I left vests for them. Now ~each soldier should be medic pack.

---------- Post added at 12:42 ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 ----------

I made a ticket of the blurryness:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=7027

awesome =] I'll try it out tonight.

thanks for the awesome mission, I've been playing around with the editor since OFP came out and have never been able to do this stuff :P

Thanks, :) I hope to improve still the mission much more. Cant wait to see what new stuff is coming with game updates and especially with beta. Also noticed the first mods to get ArmA2+OA to A3 have been released. Going to return to Chernarus soon. If not converting something old then I could create something new. :)

eh sorry for the re-post, shouldn't play around so much :P

if you ever need any help with anything I'd be willing to help out, with my limited skill, I've always wanted to learn how the scripting ect works.

Most/all the missions I make are based off scripts that I've copied off the forums and I just play around with it on my own until I get bored and start over.

for example, I did un-pbo your mission and added norrins air taxi to it for myself. I hope that's ok :P

Edited by CthulhuRay

Thanks and sure, you can freely modify it. The mission actually have my chopper transport script for player's team, but the the current US chopper is havent enought room for full team that its currently disabled. I will try to include it at some point.

New SP version 0.74 is available with "All in Arma (AiA) by kju"-mod support. You can play the mission without it too, but if detected there is now animals, corpse effects (flies, crows), music tracks and tent objects from A2/OA. I also enabled the AI functions I had in A2 missions (its partly disabled for friendlies until I tweak it to look more real).

Change Log:

-All in Arma (AiA)-mod support (adds animals, corpse effects, music, tents from A2/OA)

-Custom AI function enabled (AI reacts on sounds/dead bodies with sounds/voices)

-AI Mortar some less acccurate

All in Arma (AiA) by kju:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152706-All-in-Arma-(AiA)-TKOH-OA-A2-A1-merge-with-A3

Mine looks like this (you just need make the root look right that leads to the game folders):

"-mod=@AllInArma\ProductDummies;c:\Games\Arma 2;c:\Games\Arma 2\Expansion;g:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3;@AllInArma\Core;@AllInArma\PostA3"

I created it over the instructions sample in notepad before copy-pasteing that into the steam.

Noob question, I guess.

Basically, I am at the drop point for the supplies that the dudes are supposed to bring in on a boat between 9pm and 330am. I am supposed to fire a green signal flare near the drop point at the beach. Question is, how do I do that? :) I tried some green smoke I found in one of the vehicles I was using, but that didn't do anything.

You need to shoot green flare grenade (with the weapon), not smoke. It can be found in the basecamp crates. Once you change the weapon to grenade launcher mode. You can scroll with mouse wheel to load the green flare. You need to be less than 300m away, from the marked beach, once shooting the flare or after shooting to be near the beack in 300 seconds.

Soak, had to stop playing since you started developing only for the DEV version of Alpha. Was just curious if you have any plans to change that and start developing for the Official Alpha? (default branch)

The official alpha is updated soon. It should have the HC-related commands and the COOP-mission should instantly work with it. Else I will make separate version for it. SP version work with both game version already.