k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

In a subject conversation not about the FPS size. In a subject the question of sharp falling of FPS in some circumstances which is often occurring in game is considered.

Why on earth cant it be a game issue ?? Cuz you dont see it ?? I do think we all know that not all sees this issue, as its ofc is dependent on several conditions. There are many different system demanding missions out there, there are different mods players use. But what can say is that i have not seen this out of memory problem before 1.58, and i see it now with same mods and mission as i use to play with.

Just dont think that there isnt a problem, just bec you dont have it. We all play different missions, if i only play 1hour at a time i would probably never see the problem myself.

For me its typical - Arma3.exe's memory use slowly increases and when it reaches around 3400000kb it will be a matter of minutes before fps dips to around 5-10 and if i dont quit here arma will crash with flw last in .RPT

20:19:38 DX11 error : CreateTexture failed : E_OUTOFMEMORY

20:19:38 CreateTexture failed : w = 2048, h = 1024, format = BC3_UNORM, err = E_OUTOFMEMORY.

20:19:38 Virtual memory total 4095 MB (4294836224 B)

20:19:38 Virtual memory free 119 MB (125669376 B)

20:19:38 Physical memory free 10824 MB (11350589440 B)

20:19:38 Page file free 21042 MB (22065086464 B)

20:19:38 Process working set 1096 MB (1149923328 B)

20:19:38 Process page file used 3406 MB (3572391936 B)

20:19:38 Longest free VM region: 6684672 B

20:19:38 VM busy 4169232384 B (reserved 239042560 B, committed 3930189824 B, mapped 245424128 B), free 125603840 B

20:19:38 Small mapped regions: 55, size 237568 B

20:19:38 VID: dedicated: 3221225472, shared 1073676288, system: 0, max: 2906652672, used: 2620141568

ErrorMessage: DX11 error : CreateTexture failed : E_OUTOFMEMORY

Everything you're pointing to is down to peoples hardware, if it was slely down to the game engine, then everyone, as I said, would be suffering the same issues.

Lots of reasons why there's frame rate drops.

Drivers not up to date.. hardware issue

GPU's not meeting specs..hardware issue

RAM not meeting specs..hardware issue

Bottlenecks in CPU's... hardware issue

it's all to easy to lay blame on the game, instead of looking to make sure you're hardware is up to scratch, that's the point I was trying to make, as well as Lex_1. 

The problem is that people want to push their  game stats to the max, and expect it to run smoother than a galaxy chocolate bar, when they might not have the hardware to run it as such, add to this they'll read about tweaks here and there, and dive right in, without knowing of any consequences that would effect gameplay/performance. 

The fact that not everyone is suffering the same issues, would tend to lean towards hardware issues, rather than the game itself. To also add, I notice that this seems to effect guys using SSD's more so than the HDD's.

No mate-it was a game issue.Several of the Devs mentioned it and it was referenced in the changelog. But \i am not sure this is still happening as that was fixed.This new issue could be hardware related.

• Like 1

I must be lucky then as I've rarely come across all these errors, and issues :D

• Like 1

I just hope they fix this soon cause the game became completely unplayable for me. Having a rock solid 20FPS would be a blessing right now lol

I just hope they fix this soon cause the game became completely unplayable for me. Having a rock solid 20FPS would be a blessing right now lol

Just to be clear-are we talking about the same issue? You are playing as normal at 60fps or whatever, then suddenly it drops to 2fps and never recovers from 2 until you restart the game? That is the issue in this thread. And if you are experiencing this, are you using any custom memory allocators? Also how much RAM are you using?

7 year old potato. 4GB RAM. Yes the same issue. In singleplayer it's more noticable because of smooth performance initially. I get about 30-50FPS in singleplayer until it starts stuttering in 1-5FPS zone and crashes or gets me killed. In multiplayer it's less noticable because of terrible server with million scripts and every weapon and item placed in. Not that many servers to play Apex Preview on.

No custom memory allocators. As I said previously I believe it's caused by Windows swapping Page File for whatever reason which makes HDD 100% busy which in turn bottlenecks the entire system and game goes to 5FPS zone with low CPU GPU utilization. Atleast for me when stuttering is happening with 5FPS it's cause HDD is at 100% workload and then finally memory error crash

Other people on the server also complain on the same exact issue and refer to it as 2FPS bug so I'm sure I'm not the only one getting this. Also before Apex preview the game was quite playable for longer periods with less memory crashes than now. It used to freeze up in slotting screen sometimes, sometimes in briefing etc but now it's constant and game breaking.

ay so it is the saem sisue.Strange-it was fixed when 1.60 came out. And it seemed to mainly affect people with custom mallocs. I was using one when it happend to me the other day-I turned the malloc off and it has not happened since.

So you think Windows is the cause? I am on Win10, you?

Win 10 Enterprise LTSB I don't really know the inner workings of Windows kernel. But my wild guess would be that Arma while still being 32-bit somehow causes Windows to swap Page File memory to prevent Arma from crashing

Or maybe with recent LOD changes the RAM requirements have changed

Win 10 Enterprise LTSB I don't really know the inner workings of Windows kernel. But my wild guess would be that Arma while still being 32-bit somehow causes Windows to swap Page File memory to prevent Arma from crashing

Or maybe with recent LOD changes the RAM requirements have changed

Well this issue actually started before the LOD changes-it started when the visual upgrade was released to DEv branch. So maybe this is just another thing we can blame on Win10 ;)

• Like 1

If they ever decide to make Arma 4 it would be nice if they dumped RV engine entirely. Too many limitations as we can all see. It should be rewritten from scratch or they should use a different engine entirely. Also Vulkan renderer with native Linux port would be nice :P

I could wait 10 years for Arma 4 with a modern engine :D

I wonder if Source 2 engine will be any good for massive maps Arma uses and it will be free to Steamwork developers as I understand

• Like 1

I have two Arma3 folders. Two disks, SSD and HDD.
Arma3DEV on HDD - D:\Program files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Arma3 1.60 on SSD - C:\Program Files (x86)\Arma 3
DEV the version is updated every day. It is convenient, I can always watch the current changes and play stable 1.60.
I can do comparison of productivity in different Arma3 versions.
Comparison of FPS on SSD\HDD:
Size FPS almost identical. Different time of a response of game in scenes where there is a falling and restoration of FPS.
SSD - fast decrease and restoration of FPS.
HDD - slow decrease and restoration of FPS.
The SSD disk gives more comfort in game. Jumps of FPS will be in the same place, but quicker.

The schedule of an identical scene in game

nW7cjXs.jpg

• Like 1

Same problem here too. Started with the last patch.

what mods are those suffering from this issue with, running?

what mods are those suffering from this issue with, running?

RHS, CUP for example. But there is probably a link with servers. Generally, there is no drop when single playing, even if plenty of mods. IMHO, problems occurs with data exchanges between server and clients, regardless of Internet provider and pings. Bad pings don't help but it seems the problem is somewhere else... as it could be difficult to sync modded units, objects, weapons between several computers. mem overflew with endless syncs?

• Like 1

No-i only play Sp and I was affected too.It seems to have cleared up for me on Dev branch though.

i personally dont think its a page file related as I dont use one and I get the drop to 4fps and unrecoverable until a reset. Exile Tanoa with Cups Weapons/Vehicles/Units    CBA-A3  Tryk MultiUniforms.  Exile has some blame here of course with memory errors and stop errors, But yea it does seem that you play for the first 30 minutes or so and it plays fine until a snag hits and you tank frames to well under 10fps. Only a reset can fix it at this point for me personally. I figured it was a huge memory leak or something along those lines. I run a 3930K 16gb ram and GTX580. I normally get 79-88 as a consistent framerate so anything under 30 is detrimental to play.

• Like 1

Ugh. Created an account to post my experience.

Since 1.58+ I've had the 2fps bug. I've tried *everything* under the sun; performance files, swapfile changes, regedits, updated ram from 8gb to 16gb, messed with graphics drivers, tried 30 combinations of custom launch options, both via the game launcher, and through the steam launcher, removed all launch options, I've played with view settings, though maxing out view distance and object distance seems to bring on the issue much faster, and lastly, I've tried praying - and to no avail.

I have been playing arma since the old days, arma 2, and arma 3. I'm very saddened by this fps drop issue.

My specs

W10

i7 2600k

SSD - ocz vertex 3 120gb [gaming drive]   + ocz agility 3 60gb [OS drive]

16gb fury ram

nvidia gtx 970 driver 368.39

creative titanium hd sound card

options - all ultra, HBAO +, res at 1440p, FXAA

view distance 3000, obj distance 3000,

Every time from 30 minutes to an hour (varies and no clue what causes the variation) I get: DX11 error : CreateTexture failed : E_OUTOFMEMORY in the logs after the drop. If I let it continue, it finally crashes.

This is still a serious issue, and in the Teamspeak for the server of which I play, some 25% of folks of a 60 player server all get the 2fps drop and are forced to restart client.

I know BI is on it, but they need to pick it up -- I don't plan on getting Apex until this is fixed. Thank you

-BuLLetZ

Tried the latest performance file for .60; haven't seen a crash for 2 hours... Although the performance executables help, they do not solve the problem.

I will tell the following. In this condition of arma3exe it is capable of any mistakes: errors of absence of textures, errors of reading record of memory, DX11, the black screen to go from the screen to the background mode and any other. It depends on events which arma3exe tries to reproduce.
Isn't present what way to change it. Any councils and recommendations don't work at this forum, aren't capable to change release of memory from unnecessary blocks and to resume record in a limited framework of memory size 3400mb.

So yea Apex landed and i don't see anything about new engine or DX12.....

So i will just leave it here: https://youtu.be/1VN1DOIl1bc?t=285

I think we should start voting with our wallets guys don't buy any DLC or addons until the game/engine is fixed.

I've noticed the fps drops since... Arma 2. After while of gaming it comes to a crawl. I especially notice this when travelling a long distance and entering into a massive new area the game begins to play slower. Not unplayable but slower. Try the flush command....

press and hold LShift and Numpad - for a second or two, and then type "Flush" might help your fps drops.

I've noticed the fps drops since... Arma 2. After while of gaming it comes to a crawl. I especially notice this when travelling a long distance and entering into a massive new area the game begins to play slower. Not unplayable but slower. Try the flush command....

press and hold LShift and Numpad - for a second or two, and then type "Flush" might help your fps drops.

This is more than just a progressive drop in fps. This is a full-on FPS stop at 2FPS. Different issue.

With that said, the latest performance build has given me luck. I will try for an extended period and post back.

So yea Apex landed and i don't see anything about new engine or DX12.....

So i will just leave it here: https://youtu.be/1VN1DOIl1bc?t=285

I think we should start voting with our wallets guys don't buy any DLC or addons until the game/engine is fixed.

Hey, did they telled you game is no longer supported? They still didnt finished it yet, no need to overreact.

Hey, did they telled you game is no longer supported? They still didnt finished it yet, no need to overreact.

Stick? You wanted to say-hack woodland.

For one hour, a minimum of one or two restart game. This issue is so old as years Arma2/3.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T59083  - Mar 6 2013

People want comfort in this matter. Rather than dispute who said what.

Can beat the unhealthy attitude in this matter is caused by both parties?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/search/query/wRb_SpWmUuTk/#R

https://feedback.bistudio.com/search/query/Q8sFEkWmDLb3/#R

This is very little reason to change something?

Stick? You wanted to say-hack woodland.

For one hour, a minimum of one or two restart game. This issue is so old as years Arma2/3.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T59083  - Mar 6 2013

People want comfort in this matter. Rather than dispute who said what.

Can beat the unhealthy attitude in this matter is caused by both parties?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/search/query/wRb_SpWmUuTk/#R

https://feedback.bistudio.com/search/query/Q8sFEkWmDLb3/#R

This is very little reason to change something?

I only tell you people, the BIS didnt finished Arma 3 yet, and DX 12 support may appear (in some kind of it, beacuse full support of DX12 may be unreachable). Note, this engine have almost reached limit of his functions