k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

After a week of nightmare, I finally set all my video settings with NVIDIA default ones from GeForce Experience. No crash or FPS drop so far. (2 days)

It's early to say everything goes well but, just in case you are as curious as me, don't play with AA & PP settings. Mine are FSAA disabled, ATOC disabled, FXAA standard, aniso filtering ultra, HDAO low, caustic disabled, for a GTX970.

Perhaps, the game settings allow too much possibilities (for any card) here.Though it may be tempting, if you experience some crashes or lags, don't change your default video config.

Lag and fps drop in multiplayer is more often a server issue not a client issue.

Lag and fps drop in multiplayer is more often a server issue not a client issue.

We are speaking about drop to 3 or 4 FPS not 15 or 20. 4 FPS is absolutely unplayable. And no problem since default setting of NVIDIA card.

Thats not really what this topic is about.This is discussing a specific issue that arose last recently where after about 30 minutes fps would instantly drop from 60 to 5 and not recover.It was a memory issue that seems to have been resolved for the most part now.

My game has been getting bad lag in the past week or so, and I havent changed a thing for my mod setup, before i would get average 30-40fps now im getting like 20-25,

I defrag and regularly check registry errors with a program, clean my system all the time, idk what it is past couple updates have just started to make my game almost unplayable

and im just messing around in the editor, I think its this new visual upgrade.

I would rather have average graphics and superior performance.

@Gunter Severloh

This topic is about major drops to 1-3fps (please read the posting above yours). And for all following postings about degradation of performance: this topic is about major drops to 1-3fps. And for all following postings on these following postings: this.....

FPS 15. It always starts when Arma3 take at RAM 3000mb. Arma3 stops responding to change settings. When the RAM reaches 3500mb - avalanche down 3-4 FPS.

This may occur after 10 minutes. Ingoda an hour. It all depends on the intensity of the development of events in the mission. The procedure of filling customer RAM is, RAM release procedure is absent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuaHDjbZepw&feature=youtu.be

I and my friend, we have a similar problem after some time fps drops to about 15.

I have a 16gb ram maxmem to 12gb and system pagefile switched off.

I'm sure this is not a fault of mods or mission, because we tested with and without mods,

even if i exit mission and go to empty editor - same fps,

only thing that helps is reboot arma and back to server.  :(

btw. tested with performance binary v5 and v6

I play the single player mission "Pilgrimage" a lot.  And every time that AI start fighting each other near my position, within about 1 or 2 minutes of enemy AI engaging each other, I always see a massive frame rate drop (from about 30 or 40 FPS, all the way down to 3 FPS) .

Yesterday I was playing Pilgrimage, and I used a mod to call in a friendly AI helicopter.  I had the friendly AI helicopter in a "hold" position out over the ocean, about 1 kilometer away from the city of Kavala.  I played for a long time, running around Kavala . . .  engaging enemy AI troops all over.  Everything was fine until I called the AI helicopter in to fight some enemies near me.  Then my frame rates dropped like a rock..  In a minute or two, my system froze and crashed.

I'll attach a link to the crash dump files, but I know that BIS always wants you to run their game "clean", and I use a TON of mods, so they might consider these crash dump logs to be useless with all the mods I run.  I don't know.  Either way, here's the files.  -V

How to make a priority for Arma3.exe process
- Key Win+R run - regedit
- Go to the registry branch:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Image File Execution Options
- In the "Image File Execution Options" create a sub - arma3.exe
- In the "arma3.exe" create sub - PerfOptions
- In the "PerfOptions" create a DWORD (32-bit)
  call option - CpuPriorityClass
- The parameter can be given a value - 1, 5, 8, 6 and 3.
What does it mean:
"1" - Low Priority
"5" - Below average
"8" - Medium Priority
"6" - Above average
"3" - high priority

After milestones action restart the PC.
Now your arma3.exe will always start with a priority that you assign.
If you are experiencing a problem in arma3.exe, Reduce process priority.

As it should be:

CpuPriorityClass.jpg

• Like 2

Any ideas what im missing? Upgrade suggestions?

Your CPU and GPU are quite reasonable, but RAM and mechanical HDD are weak. Arma 3 is known to benefit from both SSD and faster, low latency RAM. OC your CPU would also help.

SSD didnt helped in my case, but i found strange tweak.
- In process Lasso (or any other program that you can manage process priorities) i setted up all steam services, Antivirus, Drivers software to run on Core 3 and 4 of my CPU, while game runs on all four (But we all know it uses mainly 1 and 2, which are now less used)
- I went totally offline, disabled steam overlay, steam in offline, arma itself as hight priority, setted mods in order [CBA,RHS (unit with their own system mods), smaller addons (personal arsenal, Real tank crews, etc), ACE], disabled CUP_terrains.
I get around 12 FPS boost.
Dont know which actually did the trick, but you could try the second point - you got nothing to loose. I readed somewhere from Dwarden (if im not mistaken), that turning steam offline is helping in some cases.

I am playing on 1.60 with mods and with every malloc I'm experiencing huge fps drops (from 50 to 1 in 3 minutes).

I tried everything to make the mods work, but nothing solved the problem.

Vanilla Arms 3 runs at 80fps without problems...

I'll figure out which mod is causing the fps drop, include the rpt and let you know if if I find a solution.

From 30 to 4 in 1 hr + , but I'm not sure it's better when you're immersed in a good mission! In my case a return to lobby brought back 30 FPS.

My rig is

i7 4790K

32 GB Ram

250 SATA Hard Disk

Geforce GTX 970 4GB

Its running great on Ultra Settings. Getting an average of 40FPS always between 30-60.

Make sure you update your graphics card as it really helped in my situation.

Check out the gameplay of my pc settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPxevWa8CKk

After the update 1.60, after some time, the game may appear a black screen, with sound audible but not Computer does not respond to that saves only a reboot.
video card temperature 63 degrees
65 degrees CPU temperature
Help me please who faced these
win 10 64bit

After the update 1.60, after some time, the game may appear a black screen, with sound audible but not Computer does not respond to that saves only a reboot.

video card temperature 63 degrees

65 degrees CPU temperature

Help me please who faced these

win 10 64bit

Also, the update changed your text color... 

Since 1.60 and "Visual update" release, the GPU load is quite high at a level I have never seen before on Arma* games.

So now, you need to get a rather good CPU AND a rather good GPU.

Nevertheless it doesn't seem a "Low CPU utilization & Low FPS" situation ...

• Like 1

Hi, here the same problem. Random drops from even 60 fps to 1 fps with texture loading problems. also a friend of mine has this issue; we tried tbb4 and system as memory allocators, but with the same result.

Hi, here the same problem. Random drops from even 60 fps to 1 fps with texture loading problems. also a friend of mine has this issue; we tried tbb4 and system as memory allocators, but with the same result.

It sounds like a different issue.The one this thread is about was a known problem that has been fixed where the framerate would drop to 1 and stay there until Arma was restarted or crash the game.Is that what is happening to you?

It sounds like a different issue.The one this thread is about was a known problem that has been fixed where the framerate would drop to 1 and stay there until Arma was restarted or crash the game.Is that what is happening to you?

This happens ,0-4 FPS ,when memory consumption from arma3.exe reach 3000-3500 mb.

Fill Rate RAM consumption depends on the mission scenario. Limit reached 3000-3500 mb frequently for 20-30 minutes, sometimes for 1 hour.

I guess it is just a problem of how long your gpu/cpu can run without overheating, also, check if the fans are working, or if your computer is liquid cooled, then check to see if that is working

I guess it is just a problem of how long your gpu/cpu can run without overheating, also, check if the fans are working, or if your computer is liquid cooled, then check to see if that is working

The temperature is normal. Any abnormal behavior arma3exe process.

A3_FPS_0-4_b.png

Details posted here

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188736-arma3arma3dev-in-20-30-minutes-of-game-fps-3-4/

Who will give a screen shot where arma3.exe uses RAM more than 3500mb ?

FPS Size when arma3.exe uses more 3500mb?

arma3exe.jpg

When arma3.exe reach 3000mb RAM size, CPU load monitor will look like this.

With this load, CPU temperature principle can not be high.

A3_FPS_0-4.png

I have the same problem, just a matter of time before textures starts to load slowly and then ending in 5fps and client stops responding.

Hint - i remembered from arma2 the "FLUSH" command and it did help me when the 5fps problem starts.

To those who cant remember the "FLUSH" command here it is - try it when fps dips.

Hold left shift together with - (minus numpad)

then write "flush" (without quotes). You will see screen refreshing and on my game returns to normal fps. Problem comes again though.